Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2020, 11:23   #9556
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
How did you enable stats on Netflix ?
I followed the guide here -> https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/t...id-tv.1174800/

You have two options, one is to use a Bluetooth keyboard (which I did not have), another is to use a specific keyboard and android tv app remote on your phone (this is the method I used).

If you have a paired bluetooth keyboard, it is very easy, once the content starts playing, hit the F4 key to get the stats on the top left corner.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 11:42   #9557
BHPian

I am planning to pick up a 55 inch ultra hd 4k tv and can't decide between Sony 55 9500g and Samsung 55 q70r. Rtings ratings are quite similar for them. My understanding is Sony's colours are more natural while in the Samsung the colours are eye-popping. Also, I belive Sony is more repairable. What makes it more comlictead is Samsung q70r is cheaper by around 20k as compared to Sony 9500g.

Last edited by civic-dk : 28th August 2020 at 11:43.
Old 28th August 2020, 13:13   #9558
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I am planning to pick up a 55 inch ultra hd 4k tv and can't decide between Sony 55 9500g and Samsung 55 q70r. Rtings ratings are quite similar for them. My understanding is Sony's colours are more natural while in the Samsung the colours are eye-popping. Also, I belive Sony is more repairable. What makes it more comlictead is Samsung q70r is cheaper by around 20k as compared to Sony 9500g.
The latest Sony X9000H has just launched for the same price as X9500G. I personally think the latest model would make more sense compared to last year's model.
Old 1st September 2020, 12:07   #9559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
The latest Sony X9000H has just launched for the same price as X9500G. I personally think the latest model would make more sense compared to last year's model.
+1 to this and here is the news on the new Launch:

Sony launches Bravia X9000H series of 4K Ultra HD TVs - Link

Quote:
The KD-55X9000H model is priced at Rs 1,09,990 and
KD-65X9000H at Rs 1,59,990
But the Prices on the Sony India site quote a higher value - Link

I am sure there will good discounts for Dasara and Deepavali coming up in October-November timeframe.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 1st September 2020 at 12:12.
Old 2nd September 2020, 15:25   #9560
BHPian

Our 4 and half year old Sony 4K UHD Led tv has come up with an issue.

The display is fine on start up. But on the 2+ minute mark post that, a top to bottom superimposing image of whatever is being viewed, starts coming on the display. It starts with just the top 2-3 inches of the screen and goes on to cover the remaining 70-80% of the screen.

Attaching video links: (Currently not viewable on chrome, but can be downloaded)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-5C...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-1X...ew?usp=sharing

Attaching pics:

Everything normal

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-tv1.png

And the next second, this happens, and it keeps alternating

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-tv2.png

We contacted Sony, it took them 8 days to send a technician and he says the entire display needs to be replaced and it would cost 25k including taxes, labour etc.

Any idea if replacement can be avoided and repaired or has the display actually gone kaput?

Last edited by TROOPER : 2nd September 2020 at 15:32.
Old 2nd September 2020, 15:47   #9561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
Any idea if replacement can be avoided and repaired or has the display actually gone kaput?
Please try a technician from urban company. They do aftermarket repairs.

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd September 2020 at 16:25. Reason: Shortening the quote for better readability
manas27587 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 17:00   #9562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7000plusrpm View Post
Folks,
My LG 43 inch LED-backlit LCD TV, bought in 2014, is probably going to give up soon. There are many horizontal lines, color switching between green and yellow when seen on a white background.
Hey 7000plusrpm!

Just came across your post today. We had a 2008 Sony Bravia which faced this very issue back in 2014 which led us to buying a LG LED TV. However, we had kept this TV for a while with us and to our surprise, it works perfectly fine from last year till now.

Coming to your options, I'd recommend going for a LG, since they have the best overall aftersales support out of any others from my personal experience. Also, please go ahead and look at offline stores since Amazon, Flipkart etc. do not always have the best deals.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 17:49   #9563
BHPian

Been thinking of upgrading one of my old 32" VU TV which has developed a yellow patch over the top right corner. What's does this forum think about all these new Android TVs launched by Compaq, Motorola, Nokia, etc? And now, Mi India is launching this:

This will be a beater TV for guest room, and will be connected to my PS4 as well. Must be affordable and needn't be more than 43".

Last edited by creative420 : 3rd September 2020 at 17:51.
Old 3rd September 2020, 18:07   #9564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
This will be a beater TV for guest room, and will be connected to my PS4 as well. Must be affordable and needn't be more than 43".
Check out Cloudwalker TV. It is an Indian brand and came across the 32" one at a rental holiday villa last week. It was great in PQ and Audio as well. It was a smart tv and i was able to screen mirror Netflix downloaded content from my phone to the tv via an app using a second phone as a hotspot. I checked the price and found the 32 to be selling at 11K, 55" at 33k and the 65" at 50-52k.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 08:16   #9565
Senior - BHPian

Have a query for the experts on the forum, need guidance.

I own a LG Plasma 50in TV which is presently mounted on the wall. Is there any way I can make this a table top mount? Will the table top mount take the weight of the TV? Is this advisable at all?

In case there is any table top mount available, request you to kindly share the make/model
Old 4th September 2020, 09:20   #9566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I own a LG Plasma 50in TV
When did LG made Plasma? I bought my plasma in 2013 and only options were Panasonic and Samsung.

Did you not get stand with TV? If not, then you might have to see find similar LG model that has exact mounting holes. Nearly every TV can be mounted on table top or on wall. Just ensure your TV table is able to withstand 25 kg weight.
Old 4th September 2020, 09:54   #9567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
When did LG made Plasma? I bought my plasma in 2013 and only options were Panasonic and Samsung.

Did you not get stand with TV? If not, then you might have to see find similar LG model that has exact mounting holes. Nearly every TV can be mounted on table top or on wall. Just ensure your TV table is able to withstand 25 kg weight.
Even I got my TV in 2013 and LG was there but not promoted by dealers/electronic shops to that extent as Panasonic. The model now has been discontinued. The TV was repaired once when the plasma unit gave away but luckily got the repairs done within 10K. The picture clarity of the TV is making me keep it although its unit guzzler.

The TV came with the wall mounting unit only. Hence looking for options for table mount. The only fear I have is that the TV shouldnt fall off due to weight.
Old 4th September 2020, 12:12   #9568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Hey 7000plusrpm!

Just came across your post today. We had a 2008 Sony Bravia which faced this very issue back in 2014 which led us to buying a LG LED TV. However, we had kept this TV for a while with us and to our surprise, it works perfectly fine from last year till now.

Coming to your options, I'd recommend going for a LG, since they have the best overall aftersales support out of any others from my personal experience. Also, please go ahead and look at offline stores since Amazon, Flipkart etc. do not always have the best deals.
Thanks, Akash!
I had booked a Sony already! The model is - 65 inch X9500G. As per the store, manufactured in July 2020. Total damage is - 144K INR.
I saw your message last night, after booking the tv.
7000plusrpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 23:28   #9569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
Please try a technician from urban company. They do aftermarket repairs.
Thank you for this suggestion. I have a Sony that I plan to replace but I know that in exchange it will not fetch more than Rs 2000. Since it is already a lost case, I think I will call the technicians from Urban Company and hope they can salvage the TV - in which case, it will be used as a spare somewhere else.
Old 8th September 2020, 08:11   #9570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Well if you have not yet bought one of those TVs I suggest you look at the Samsung Frame TV. It costs around 82k and is quite close to the Q70R. The only thing is that it's edge lit whereas the Q70R is backlit. But the Frame has a higher contrast ratio. Otherwise you can go with the X9500G but the reviews suggest it has got blooming & connection issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks