Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2020, 15:22   #9586
Oxy
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post
You can go with a LG OLED for your usage as well. Would suggest you call all big electronics stores in Bangalore and see if by any chance they have any C9 or you can bargain hard to have 2 years additional warranty for display pieces. You should get display pieces for less than 1 L.
I won't suggest buying a display piece ever if you are buying an OLED. Most likely it would have been running throughout the day at the showroom over several months, so high chance of getting burn in issues quite early. It is just not worth the risk in my opinion, how much ever sweet the deal seems to be.

Last edited by Oxy : 28th September 2020 at 15:24.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 15:25   #9587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post
Check on Sony X95 series. Benchmark for non OLED/QLED TVs. You can go with a LG OLED for your usage as well. Would suggest you call all big electronics stores in Bangalore and see if by any chance they have any C9 or you can bargain hard to have 2 years additional warranty for display pieces. You should get display pieces for less than 1 L.
I think due to Covid, the stores want to make some money from every product. I did bargain pretty hard for demo C9 piece with 3 years warranty but no one was ready to reduce below 1.21L. The best offer I received was 1.21L on a demo piece run for 2000 hours.

If gaming wasn't important to me, I would have blindly chosen X9500G. That picture quality is really good, especially HDR makes the colour pop!
Old 29th September 2020, 12:17   #9588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
I did bargain pretty hard for demo C9 piece with 3 years warranty but no one was ready to reduce below 1.21L.
I dont think it is a good idea to go for a demo piece in OLED. 3 years warranty will not include OLED burn in if at all it may arise.
Old 29th September 2020, 16:57   #9589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I dont think it is a good idea to go for a demo piece in OLED. 3 years warranty will not include OLED burn in if at all it may arise.
True, not a good idea hence I dropped it. I thought that warranty included burn-in, after getting the quotes I researched to find out that burn-in isn't a part of the warranty.
Old 29th September 2020, 17:50   #9590
BHPian

Purchased Samsung 55" LED Model 55TU8000 from Reliance Digital.
With 1+2 yrs of complete warranty, and cashback offer on the card, wallet is lighter by Rs 63000.

My viewing distance is ~12 feet. As per some online websites, 65" screen size can be considered. However found 55" screen size way more than sufficient.
Old 8th October 2020, 21:22   #9591
BHPian

Hi experts!

I am in the market for a 50 inch TV (more than adequate for my room and viewing distance) and came across this. The Samsung Serif

My other choice is the Sony 49x8000H, which is considerably cheaper. I am tempted by the Serif due to its looks (i saw it in the showroom, it looks wow) and Qled factor.

What do you guys think?
Old 10th October 2020, 12:04   #9592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Hi experts!

I am in the market for a 50 inch TV (more than adequate for my room and viewing distance) and came across this. The Samsung Serif

My other choice is the Sony 49x8000H, which is considerably cheaper. I am tempted by the Serif due to its looks (i saw it in the showroom, it looks wow) and Qled factor.

What do you guys think?
If your main mode of 4K consumption is through streaming services like Netflix and Prime then you are better of without Samsung TVs are they don't support Dolby Vision (HDR format). Samsung supports HDR10+ which is hardly being used by anyone.

And, the Serif TV looks too bulky but if you are interested in asthethics more than the picture quality then why don't you try the Samsung Frame TV? (Sold Exculsively Online). No Dolby vision in any of the Samsung TV.

If picture quality is your priority then go for Sony FALD TVs.
prasathlr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 14:50   #9593
BHPian

Quote:
If your main mode of 4K consumption is through streaming services like Netflix and Prime then you are better of without Samsung TVs are they don't support Dolby Vision (HDR format). Samsung supports HDR10+ which is hardly being used by anyone.

And, the Serif TV looks too bulky but if you are interested in asthethics more than the picture quality then why don't you try the Samsung Frame TV? (Sold Exculsively Online). No Dolby vision in any of the Samsung TV.

If picture quality is your priority then go for Sony FALD TVs.
Hey, Thanks Prasathlr. The frame is also part of the consideration. However I was tempted by the Serif's looks. Between the Frame and the 498000H what would you suggest? Does it come down to Sony vs Samsung?
Old 10th October 2020, 15:54   #9594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Hey, Thanks Prasathlr. The frame is also part of the consideration. However I was tempted by the Serif's looks. Between the Frame and the 498000H what would you suggest? Does it come down to Sony vs Samsung?
Samsung Frame 2020 model (QLED Panel) is better than Sony 49X8000H (LCD Panel). But Frame 2020 has poor viewing angle, so if the TVwill be placed directly in front of you then there is no problem, but if you plan to watch the TV from an wide angle then it is not that great.

If you are willing to extend your budget to 1.1L (Maybe even lesser with the festive offer) then Sony 55" X950G is the best model around that price. It boasts of excellent HDR performance which is 3 times better than Frame TV. Again, this depends only if you are going to consume 4K content from Netflix/Prime or from Blueray discs!

If you are not going to watch a lot of 4K content then you are better off with the Frame TV. Note: Samsung doesn't support Dolby Vision (Widely used HDR format)

Last edited by prasathlr : 10th October 2020 at 15:55. Reason: Spelling
prasathlr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 17:35   #9595
BHPian

Quote:
Samsung Frame 2020 model (QLED Panel) is better than Sony 49X8000H (LCD Panel). But Frame 2020 has poor viewing angle, so if the TVwill be placed directly in front of you then there is no problem, but if you plan to watch the TV from an wide angle then it is not that great.

If you are willing to extend your budget to 1.1L (Maybe even lesser with the festive offer) then Sony 55" X950G is the best model around that price. It boasts of excellent HDR performance which is 3 times better than Frame TV. Again, this depends only if you are going to consume 4K content from Netflix/Prime or from Blueray discs!

If you are not going to watch a lot of 4K content then you are better off with the Frame TV. Note: Samsung doesn't support Dolby Vision (Widely used HDR format)
My budget was strictly 60k. The only reason I am looking at the above two over the budget options is because of attractive no cost EMI options. When I factor that in i am willing to buy something upto 80k.

I did find 8500G at an attractive price (82k) but that was a 55. However for my room 55 would be too big. 49x8500G seems to be out of stock in most places.

My viewing pattern will mostly be Sports (OTT) / netflix / movies via pen drive). As of know, I am leaning heavily towards the frame!
Elito11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 18:28   #9596
BHPian

Has anyone here taken a look at the Toshiba u7980 (I guess it's mostly sold online and maybe in Reliance Digital stores but there are none of those around these parts)? I am not a 100% sure of it yet but there was raging debate on hifivision forum a few weeks back about this bring the Indian version of Hisense H8F.

Since then a few members there have got the TV and seem to like it for its PQ. Most people do seem recommend getting the firestick since it seems the software (Toshiba VIDAA 3.0 as of now) is not exactly well polished.
Old 10th October 2020, 20:33   #9597
BHPian

By some stupid mistake on my part, I managed to de-activate my Firestick device while trying to deactivate other older devices.
When I tried to relaunch it, it continuously kept looping in the Login page.
Called up call center and after listening to my problem, the person asked me to do a hard reset to factory defaults using the Firestick Remote.

Here is the procedure -
Press the "BACK" button while simultaneously pressing the "RIGHT" on the black wheel.
Keep it pressed till you get a message on the TV - "Restore Factory settings?"
Accept that and the firestick does its thing and you are able to login again using your own login id and password. Note - the entire factory reset process takes upto 10 minutes and at one stage you do have to input your WiFi password for the Firestick to get requisite updates.

Off Topic - In case anyone is interested in purchasing a Sony LED 4K TV, Sony is currently offering One year manufacturer's warranty and one additional year warranty on the Panel only. This is their current festive offer. This was what Vijay Sales, Belapur told me when I was browsing for a new 4K TV. I hope this Sony offer is valid across the country.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 21:39   #9598
Distinguished - BHPian

Seeing this weird thing on my LG Smart Tv. All the menu interfaces have a weird pixelation as if lot of bugs are flying in the menu tiles. No issues with the picture itself when anything is played.

Don't even know what to search for. Anyone has a clue?

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_20201010_151040.jpg
Old 12th October 2020, 12:24   #9599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Seeing this weird thing on my LG Smart Tv. All the menu interfaces have a weird pixelation as if lot of bugs are flying in the menu tiles. No issues with the picture itself when anything is played.

Don't even know what to search for. Anyone has a clue?
A few days ago, I got a notification that a new version of Web OS is available. Kindly check if you are on the latest version. I guess updating the software should resolve the issue. Is this only limited to the Netflix app or other apps as well?
Saanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 15:33   #9600
Distinguished - BHPian

My Sony Bravia LCD tv has thrown up a single vertical line in black. I transported the tv by car from Chennai to Bangalore today. For the first hour plugged in all was rosy, then the black line just appeared.

Online snooping says there could be some loose contact inside? I have asked for three separate techs to visit including one direct from Sony.

Any suggestions? Damn it my mom is gonna kill me for the rest of my life lol.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks