Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2012, 22:47   #5416
BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaas2000 View Post
After going through pages here and other forums for a 3d/full HD tv, the fight was narrowed down between panasonic VIERA TH-P50ST30D (88k lowest quote) and samsung Ps51D550 (65k lowest quote)
Had almost made mind to go with samsung (cost/vfm factors) I got another good deal for Samsung 3d led UA46D7000LM (1L INR no bill no warranty but sealed piece from trusted source)

Now the dilemma, is price for the samsung led worth it? 4 inches short but the TV has very good reviews and look factor is wow!
My set up is Airtel dth hd/PS3/Denon 1312xp htb with Bluray movies/Dvds/Games.
Finally re-negotiated price for UA46D7000LM to 75k will be picking it up by weekend, will post short review once it reaches home.
Old 9th April 2012, 22:54   #5417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaas2000 View Post
Finally re-negotiated price for UA46D7000LM to 75k will be picking it up by weekend, will post short review once it reaches home.
How on earth did you manage that?
Old 9th April 2012, 23:05   #5418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
How on earth did you manage that?
Remember it is "no bill no warranty piece from a trusted source" bit from my earlier post? It's a sealed piece though.
Old 12th April 2012, 19:33   #5419
BHPian

I am planning to purchase two TVs, one for the living room , most likely in 40-42" and other 32" and was going through the thread and also Flipkart, Letsbuy etc. I find some models listed at quite an attractive rate and think they might be missing some features or might be outgoing models. Can someone help me with making the choice or point to a post where I can do a feature by feature comparison and decide?

I feel with the regular Dish/Tata Sky channels the models included below (32") should be fine? am I missing something?

Toshiba 32" HD LCD TV 32HV10ZE - 17,290

Toshiba 32'' HD LCD TV 32PB21 - 21,690

Panasonic VIERA 32 Inches HD LED TH-L32X30D... - 31,850

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Shankyz : 12th April 2012 at 19:36.
Old 12th April 2012, 22:03   #5420
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
I am planning to purchase two TVs, one for the living room , most likely in 40-42" and other 32" and was going through the thread and also Flipkart, Letsbuy etc. I find some models listed at quite an attractive rate and think they might be missing some features or might be outgoing models. Can someone help me with making the choice or point to a post where I can do a feature by feature comparison and decide?

I feel with the regular Dish/Tata Sky channels the models included below (32") should be fine? am I missing something?
Some general suggestions:
For your 32" TV - Doesn't make sense to spend extra money for Full HD(1080p) for the 32" screen size, HD-ready (720p) will do.

For your 42" TV - Look for Full HD 1080p models, additionally you may want to look for Smart/Internet ready models too. Do keep the Panasonic Plasmas in the shortlist (you have to see the Picture Quality to believe it). Based on my recent buying experience, I would recommend Panasonic TH-P42ST30D (also has 3D).

Make sure you do side x side comparisons of all models you shortlist.
Hope this helps.
Old 12th April 2012, 23:28   #5421
BHPian

I am looking for 42 inch LCD tv.
was thinking of getting samsung series 5, but now the same is not listed anymore on samsung website. any specific reasons for discontinuing?

Could you please suggest any other (brand, series) 42 inch LCD models?
Old 13th April 2012, 00:38   #5422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV
For your 32" TV - Doesn't make sense to spend extra money for Full HD(1080p) for the 32" screen size, HD-ready (720p) will do.

For your 42" TV - Look for Full HD 1080p models, additionally you may want to look for Smart/Internet ready models too. Do keep the Panasonic Plasmas in the shortlist (you have to see the Picture Quality to believe it). Based on my recent buying experience, I would recommend Panasonic TH-P42ST30D (also has 3D).

Hope this helps.
+ 1 to that. Panasonic plasmas are brilliant. I myself use one. The viewing comfort is unmatched. :-)
Old 13th April 2012, 14:24   #5423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

Hope this helps.
Thanks NPV,

Panasonic Plasmas come in different series (V, S, G series is better than U,A, X?).

Can you also suggest some 32" models to start the search and compariosn with, I will also be buying a PS3 to connect to the 32" for gaming. Will it require higher configuration or features?

How does Sony Ex520 compare with the TH-P42ST30D?
Old 13th April 2012, 15:09   #5424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Toshiba 32" HD LCD TV 32HV10ZE - 17,290

Toshiba 32'' HD LCD TV 32PB21 - 21,690

Panasonic VIERA 32 Inches HD LED TH-L32X30D... - 31,850

Thanks in advance
I have the 32HV10ZE, VFM for that price. But, i dont have 16:9 aspect ratio and wont play video from USB. Sound reproduction is great compared to sets of that range and higher.

If on budget, get it else look for new gen LCDs.
Old 13th April 2012, 15:13   #5425
BHPian

In what format should the videos be in for playing them via USB port on Panasonic lcd tv's ? Have not been able to play any videos this far.
Old 13th April 2012, 22:30   #5426
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks NPV,

Panasonic Plasmas come in different series (V, S, G series is better than U,A, X?).

Can you also suggest some 32" models to start the search and compariosn with, I will also be buying a PS3 to connect to the 32" for gaming. Will it require higher configuration or features?

How does Sony Ex520 compare with the TH-P42ST30D?
I don't have specific models in mind that I can suggest for 32" since my recent research and purchase was for a 42" TV. In Sony for example you can look for the BX/CX/NX Series (LCD) that are priced just few thousands from each other (all in the Rs.30K range for 32" models) - I believe a regular LCD TV will do at this screen size and you don't have to go for the higher priced LCD-LED (also known as just LED) TVs.

You will need some amount of looking around and comparing before you decide on the larger TV. 42" models are available only from few brands like LG, Panasonic, Sharp and others. Sony has 40" and 46" models. Samsung makes 41" and 43".
Again, LED Vs Plasma may be something for you to consider for the larger TV. And if you bring 3D into this mix, a little more confusing !
My shortlist was:
LED - LG model 42LV5500, Panasonic model TH-L42E30D. Panasonic LEDs are available in E, X, U, C series (most to least expensive).
Plasma - Panasonic TH-P42ST30D (this was what I bought finally). Panasonic Plasmas are available in V, S, U, X series (most to least expensive).
Hope this helps.

EDIT - Please see the last few pages of this thread. You will see lots of questions/suggestions/feedback on larger screen size TVs (inlcuding my earlier queries leading to my final purchase decision).

Last edited by NPV : 13th April 2012 at 22:40.
Old 16th April 2012, 16:19   #5427
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Gents,

Need your inputs, I am in market for a 42" plasma and has zeroed in on Below . Need your expert suggestion on below

VIERA TH-P42U30D | Panasonic

i am a but bewildered since Panasonic brand showroom is selling it for some 29 K Where as flipkart is selling it for some 42 K . not sure how come but has the prices gone down so much off lately really . What is known to me that Online retailers keep their prices to realistic levels , how;s this thing possible.
Old 16th April 2012, 16:55   #5428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
I am looking for 42 inch LCD tv.
was thinking of getting samsung series 5, but now the same is not listed anymore on samsung website. any specific reasons for discontinuing?

Could you please suggest any other (brand, series) 42 inch LCD models?
Even am in search for one to play xbox. Came across Toshiba 32" LCD for ~17K on flipkart. Considering it seriously.

Features seem to be rich for that price.
Old 16th April 2012, 16:55   #5429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Gents,

Need your inputs, I am in market for a 42" plasma and has zeroed in on Below . Need your expert suggestion on below

VIERA TH-P42U30D | Panasonic

i am a but bewildered since Panasonic brand showroom is selling it for some 29 K Where as flipkart is selling it for some 42 K . not sure how come but has the prices gone down so much off lately really . What is known to me that Online retailers keep their prices to realistic levels , how;s this thing possible.
Try searching this thread since we have lot of review about Pana plasma
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-cut.jpg  

Old 16th April 2012, 17:44   #5430
Senior - BHPian

I am really surprised at the falling prices of LED's being imported from Thailand. I picked up 2 pieces of 40 inchers Samsung UA40D5000, yesterday from Gaffar Market, Delhi, for an incredible price of 35.5K each. 40" LCD Samsung was quoted to me at 30K.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks