Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2012, 21:26   #5476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash

I just purchased 46" sony EX 52 LED model and quite satisfied with its performance further i was in the mood to go for a 3D model but the sales guy said its useless to buy it as per his customer feed back nearly 95% of them who bought 3D never watched it regularly as content for it is very limited.

This model is internet ready but the sony service guy says even after connecting the wifi dongle i will be able to access only the preloaded entertainment sites is it true that i can't get intoTeambhp site or any other sites of my choice its very urgent pls clarify thank you.
Sorry, I haven't tried it yet. Waiting fit the dongle to come. Will update once I get it. If it doesn't have browser, then we won't see all sites other than preloaded.

Check this URL
http://www.sony.co.in/support/faq/44...ct/kdl-40ex520

Last edited by aks_karthik : 13th May 2012 at 21:42.
Old 14th May 2012, 11:28   #5477
BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Panasonic loss balloons for record red ink - Yahoo! News

Just read that panasonic has run into huge losses 10 fold! How does this augurs to most of the Panasonic Plasma enthusiasts who have bought the TV or are in the process of buying one.
Old 14th May 2012, 15:44   #5478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post

This model is internet ready but the sony service guy says even after connecting the wifi dongle i will be able to access only the preloaded entertainment sites is it true that i can't get intoTeambhp site or any other sites of my choice its very urgent pls clarify thank you.
There is no browser. Only the preloaded sites will work. This is how it is with Sony and Panasonic. I dont know about Samsung. Samsung however, I think, has the highest number of preloaded sites.
Old 15th May 2012, 18:57   #5479
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone using any surge protection devices (on the set-top box end) for their flat panels?
By the set-top box end, I mean a device which sits between your dish and the box, to protect it (& the panel) from any surges which might be transmitted by the cable connecting the two.

Any pointers from where I can get them would be tremendously helpful.

As of now, I could find only this product that seems to be available in the Indian market. I am not really sure if I am looking at the correct one for my requirement.
REPLACEABLE, RACKMOUNT, 1U, SINGLE LINE, CableTV SURGE PROTECTION MODULE
Old 15th May 2012, 21:34   #5480
BHPian

Any ideas when the new Panasonic Plasma Line would Launch?

I would still prefer 50ST50 or above instead of Samsung 51E550.

@all, could you give me your views on the 400 Motion Rate that comes with Samsung D6600 and HX750 or even 500 Motion Rate that comes with EH6800?
(The above is in case I do not end up getting a Plasma for some reason)

How long and how good is the warranty on Panasonic Plasmas? And do they have AMCs?
Old 15th May 2012, 23:17   #5481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
There is no browser. Only the preloaded sites will work. This is how it is with Sony and Panasonic. I dont know about Samsung. Samsung however, I think, has the highest number of preloaded sites.
I am surprised to see this quote as there is indeed URL Browser in Sony and I have used it quite many times to access various webpages. My father uses it sometimes to check his high-court case schedules. I have browsed FB, checked my Gmail accounts as well. I am right now currently in office hence unable to upload pics.

But, there is indeed a browser where you can type any URL's be it teambhp or anyother websites.
Old 16th May 2012, 10:43   #5482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksperliter

I am surprised to see this quote as there is indeed URL Browser in Sony and I have used it quite many times to access various webpages. My father uses it sometimes to check his high-court case schedules. I have browsed FB, checked my Gmail accounts as well. I am right now currently in office hence unable to upload pics.

But, there is indeed a browser where you can type any URL's be it teambhp or anyother websites.
Then it is my mistake. I apologise for the error.

The Sony showroom guy told me that there is no browser, so I assumed the same.

I have not seen a browser on my Panasonic. If I am missing something, somebody enlighten me.
Old 16th May 2012, 11:36   #5483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Any ideas when the new Panasonic Plasma Line would Launch? ...
Already in the Brand Shops, though stocks have not arrived across the model lines. I saw a 42XT50: off-state screen tint (brownish) is different from the 42XT30 model (grey), and blacks are slightly darker out of the box.

The official Launch was supposed to have been May 15 according to the Brand Shop people, though there is nothing in the media yet. Internationally, the ST50 line has 4 screen sizes - 50"/55"/60"/65" (42 omitted after ST30), but they are bringing in only 2 into India apparently. May be 50" and 65".
Old 16th May 2012, 11:42   #5484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksperliter View Post

Check this URL
http://www.sony.co.in/support/faq/44...ct/kdl-40ex520
Old 18th May 2012, 15:17   #5485
Distinguished - BHPian

As I got the LG 42LW6500 last week, yesterday upgraded my Airtel Set top box to an HD one. I see this STB supports 1080i and not 1080p. Is this normal or does anyone have an STB supporting 1080p? How about the HD STBs of Tata Sky, Videocon etc?

BTW, the SD channel picture quality seems to be better now. Not sure if it's because of the HD box or the HDMI cable or just a Placebo effect...
Old 18th May 2012, 19:52   #5486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Already in the Brand Shops, though stocks have not arrived across the model lines. I saw a 42XT50: off-state screen tint (brownish) is different from the 42XT30 model (grey), and blacks are slightly darker out of the box.

The official Launch was supposed to have been May 15 according to the Brand Shop people, though there is nothing in the media yet. Internationally, the ST50 line has 4 screen sizes - 50"/55"/60"/65" (42 omitted after ST30), but they are bringing in only 2 into India apparently. May be 50" and 65".
Thanks mate. I will visit the brandshop during the weekend and heck these out.

Sadly Panasonic website is still not updated in regard to these models.

BTW, how are the various series in Panasonic different?
Old 18th May 2012, 20:04   #5487
BHPian

Anyone bought latest Samsung LED 4000 series ?
Its going cheap (only 29,000/-) and wanted to check if its true HD and how is the performance.

Please respond as i need to buy it this weekend.
Old 19th May 2012, 00:01   #5488
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, I activated the HD channels and I must say I am AMAZED by the picture quality of the LG LW6500. Hats off to LG.
I looked up the web and I think 1080i is good enough and in fact the de facto for satellite TV transmission and the full HD TVs like the LW6500 do a great job of displaying the 1080i content using the progressive scan.

LG has pulled off a master piece.
Old 19th May 2012, 00:58   #5489
BHPian

Go for any SAMSUNG/LG/PANASONIC/SONY all seem the same to me. SONY being costlier among them(God knows why,it looks the same to me as the other three)

VIDEOCON/SHARP/ONIDA are cheaper and it reflects in the quality and design.PHILIPS comes somewhere in between(both price and quality)

KORYO(Future brands,the ones you get in Big Bazar) are the cheapest and probably the worst,but seems VFM considering the price.

We used to have a Grundig CRT TV in my childhood and it was amazing. Any idea on if their LCDs/LEDs are available in India now?
Old 20th May 2012, 12:43   #5490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Go for any SAMSUNG/LG/PANASONIC/SONY all seem the same to me ...
All seem same to you?

One can clearly make out the difference even between series of the same make. For example, one can make out the color difference between Sony 720 and 750 - the 750 clearly has better contrast and more natural colors.

With most showrooms stacking a wall with comparable models from different makes (i.e. LCDs together, then LEDs and then Plasmas), and using HDMI splitters sending the same high quality signal to all of them, it is quite easy to spot differences between TVs.

Since the shops have no bias for or against brands, they prefer the prospective buyer to figure out which one they like. Do take some time to compare before you buy - they are not all the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks