Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2012, 23:19   #5446
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Thanks, @NPV. No wonder the 42" X is going for so less - 35K at Reliance Digital.
Yes sir and that's why I got the ST42 which is Value for money compared to VT series (and only 50/65") - go for ST if you plan to get one

Last edited by NPV : 28th April 2012 at 23:21.
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:08   #5447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I have LG 47LW5700 3D LED tv and Iam happy with the purchase. If you are comparing it with any 3D tv the main advantage is that it uses passive 3D and is a pleasure to watch compared to other brands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive View Post
I bought this model(42 inch) 10 days back and am very happy with the quality. Specially the 3D effects. Picture quality is also good and overall VFM if someone is not considering smart TV.
I bought it from Croma Bangalore who gave me a better deal than Reliance Digital.

Cheers.
GD
Thanks for the response. I purchased the LW4500 32 3D. The picture quality is stunning to say the least and I found the viewing angle better compared to other models. Really love it.
Old 2nd May 2012, 15:16   #5448
BHPian

In the market for a 50" plasma. Decided it has to be a panasonic (my previous being the 42X20D, now being used by folks). Asked the Great India Place Panny brandshop and they replied most of the 2D 50" are discontinued as they are coming up with the 2012 lineup, only 3D versions are available. My budget is 60-70K. Anyone having info as to where can i source 50" 2D panny plasma's in Delhi?
Old 3rd May 2012, 14:07   #5449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
... go for ST if you plan to get one
From where did you buy the 42ST30D? I am thinking of a 50ST30D. Modern World asked 90K for it, with 2 glasses.
Old 3rd May 2012, 21:56   #5450
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
From where did you buy the 42ST30D? I am thinking of a 50ST30D. Modern World asked 90K for it, with 2 glasses.
I bought it from the Pana Brand Store on Dickenson Road. Get pricing from all the brand stores as well as other multi-brand retail outlets and also compare with the online prices, use the best price as reference to bargain with the others

Last edited by NPV : 3rd May 2012 at 21:57.
Old 5th May 2012, 05:01   #5451
BHPian

So guys I need to buy another TV and am in the soup again :(

Budget 1L, viewing distance is 5'-10', 46"+ screen size.

There is a big battle going inside my head between Plasma and LED and I can't seem to figure out which to choose.

Priority is PQ, Warranty, DLNA, USB Playback (not as important if wifi is integrated, tough I could also run a LAN wire from the router) and finally 3D.

OT: I will be getting Onkyo 3500/3400 to complement it after I buy the TV. I was bending towards HTs with bluray player (Philips 3xxx) but my research says their SQ is quite inferior to the likes of Onkyo.
Old 5th May 2012, 09:20   #5452
Senior - BHPian

Take a look at the Sony HX 750, this has almost all of the features of the top of the line HX925 save for the local LED array and a lower refresh rate. Priced at 75K for a 46" you could add Sony's 2 year extended warranty and still be looking at 80K or less (depending on negotiations).

BTW what did you buy the last time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
So guys I need to buy another TV and am in the soup again :(

There is a big battle going inside my head between Plasma and LED and I can't seem to figure out which to choose.

Priority is PQ, Warranty, DLNA, USB Playback (not as important if wifi is integrated, tough I could also run a LAN wire from the router) and finally 3D.

OT: I will be getting Onkyo 3500/3400 to complement it after I buy the TV. I was bending towards HTs with bluray player (Philips 3xxx) but my research says their SQ is quite inferior to the likes of Onkyo.
Old 5th May 2012, 13:04   #5453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would really consider the Panasonic 50ST30D.
Old 5th May 2012, 16:10   #5454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Take a look at the Sony HX 750, this has almost all of the features of the top of the line HX925 save for the local LED array and a lower refresh rate. Priced at 75K for a 46" you could add Sony's 2 year extended warranty and still be looking at 80K or less (depending on negotiations).

BTW what did you buy the last time around.
HX750 46" costs 99k in the market but the cnet review I read says the series is not worthy of the asking price.

Last time I bought 46D6000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I would really consider the Panasonic 50ST30D.
What is the cost?

I also read that there is a VT series in Samsung and ST, which one is better?

How is Samsung 51E550 compared to Panasonic? Everyone seems to be raving about it in Hifivision.
Old 6th May 2012, 11:49   #5455
Senior - BHPian

Yes you are correct on the pricing, I posted prices for the 40" by mistake. Check out the CX520 seems to have good reviews

KDL-46CX520 : CX520 Series : BRAVIA

Also both the VT and ST are series from Panasonic, I myself have a 50VT20. In terms of PQ the hierarchy is VT>ST>GT>UT>U>X.

VT30 is now available only in 65". The ST series is available in 50" and 42". A fellow member picked up the 50ST30 for 86K around March end. At that time the 42ST30 was being sold for 56K. No idea on the current pricing and availability.

Quote:
HX750 46" costs 99k in the market but the cnet review I read says the series is not worthy of the asking price.

Last time I bought 46D6000.

What is the cost?

I also read that there is a VT series in Samsung and ST, which one is better?

How is Samsung 51E550 compared to Panasonic? Everyone seems to be raving about it in Hifivision.

Last edited by khoj : 6th May 2012 at 12:00.
Old 6th May 2012, 15:43   #5456
BHPian

Since panasonic would be launching new models soon and samsung is yet to launch their LED line, I will try and wait.

No reviews on 51E550?
Old 7th May 2012, 13:52   #5457
Distinguished - BHPian

I booked LG 42LW6500 yesterday.
I asked for the 2012 model range and it became clear that they would not bring these out until the 2011 model range is sold out.

I liked LW6500 performance so decided not to wait for the 2012 range, rather ask for better price. Anybody bought this model recently? And what price?

Thanks!
Old 8th May 2012, 13:06   #5458
BHPian

Got the P42ST30. Insanity this TV is - I have never seen such vibrant colors. Showroom lighting does such injustice to a plasma screen, it's not funny. To repeat - I have never seen colors so natural on a flat panel TV screen.
Can't concentrate at work. Need to get back and watch more HD stuff. My Hathway HD connection should be active today as well.
It's going to be fun watching Champion's League finals on this. I am inviting friends over.
Old 8th May 2012, 15:01   #5459
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
Got the P42ST30. Insanity this TV is - I have never seen such vibrant colors. Showroom lighting does such injustice to a plasma screen, it's not funny.
I am inviting friends over.
Congratulations.
I have read good reviews about Panasonic plasmas, pertaining to "infinite black", and high speed motion and 3D clarity.

How much did it cost you? Did you buy additional glasses and for how much?

Actually, I went with the sole intention to buy P42ST30, but the picture looked dull in the showroom (even more so in 3D). The thought did pass my mind that may be it's the showroom lighting or the presence of super-bright LED TVs around that create this impression but then my house also gets nice and bright sunlight and putting dark curtains always while watching the TV is not possible so held back.

And then this passive 3D versus active 3D issue was another difficult one. With panasonic, I can not invite the whole gang to watch 3D (will cost more than the TV).
Old 8th May 2012, 15:54   #5460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Congratulations.
I have read good reviews about Panasonic plasmas, pertaining to "infinite black", and high speed motion and 3D clarity.

How much did it cost you? Did you buy additional glasses and for how much?

Actually, I went with the sole intention to buy P42ST30, but the picture looked dull in the showroom (even more so in 3D). The thought did pass my mind that may be it's the showroom lighting or the presence of super-bright LED TVs around that create this impression but then my house also gets nice and bright sunlight and putting dark curtains always while watching the TV is not possible so held back.

And then this passive 3D versus active 3D issue was another difficult one. With panasonic, I can not invite the whole gang to watch 3D (will cost more than the TV).
I paid 62 with 1 pair of glasses.
(1) The PQ is at least 5 times as good in regular room lighting (1 tubelight, curtains)
(2) Even in the showrooms, plasmas look better. You can clearly notice how the colors look far more natural. On LCDs/LED lit LCDs, colors are too "white". Red appears pink, Yellow becomes light yellow etc. ST is possibly the best 42' plasma in the market - so I went for it.
(3) About 3D: If you want passive 3D, your only option is LG. However, do remember that 3D content is still very very rare (at most 20% of viewing time for most people). I had the same dilemma with 3D. I wanted to run 3D music visualizations, and invite my gang over when they were in a slightly altered state of mind However, I had to make that trade-off, and go for way better PQ, better warranty, build quality etc etc. I just convinced myself that I am buying the TV for myself, and not my friends

All the best with your purchase, and do keep us posted Don't go too deep into LCD vs Plasma or which brand. Just buy the TV you like the best. A 42''er in your room is just plain awesomeness.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks