Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2010, 14:02   #3916
BHPian

dre@ms, I am not sure of the differences between 530 and 550 as I never checked for 530. The rates quoted for both 530 and 550 seem to be high and I think there is a good scope for lowering them through hard bargain. I purchased 40C550 for 50.5K around 20 days back. 650 was quoted by this showroom at 61K or so, IIRC. Have you checked out Compare features and Shopping Online in India for Mobiles, Laptops, LCD TV, Cameras, Home Theaters, PDA, Automobiles and more ? I felt, they give you a good benchmark in pricing and you can start negotiating from this. I also felt that Delhi prices were always lower than Bangalore - atleast that is the percepttion I got while going through various other forums too.

PS : Just sent a PM to you.

Last edited by menonrajesh : 20th September 2010 at 14:12.
Old 20th September 2010, 15:51   #3917
BHPian

I bought the C650 for 65K a few months ago. It's a brilliant TV, highly recommend it for:

1) Seamless 720p and 1080p MKV playback via USB. Even plays files with DTS sound containers.

2) Can stream movies, music and images from your computer over the local network (plugged in via the ethernet port at the back or via a Wifi dongle)

3) Once online, you can download apps and games: check facebook, play over 20 games, use Google Maps etc etc

4) The extra HDMI ports help - I have a PS3, Xtreamer, Tata Sky HD STB connected via HDMI, and will soon be getting an Onkyo 5.1 system too. You always need more ports

Overall, it's an awesome television - the deeper blacks because of the higher contrast ratio also makes watching movies a treat.

Remember to upgrade the firmware!
Old 20th September 2010, 16:02   #3918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonrajesh View Post
dre@ms, I am not sure of the differences between 530 and 550 as I never checked for 530. The rates quoted for both 530 and 550 seem to be high and I think there is a good scope for lowering them through hard bargain. I purchased 40C550 for 50.5K around 20 days back. 650 was quoted by this showroom at 61K or so, IIRC. Have you checked out

Compare features and Shopping Online in India for Mobiles, Laptops, LCD TV, Cameras, Home Theaters, PDA, Automobiles and more
?

I felt, they give you a good benchmark in pricing and you can start negotiating from this. I also felt that Delhi prices were always lower than Bangalore - atleast that is the percepttion I got while going through various other forums too.

PS : Just sent a PM to you.
My bad I didnt update my profile. I have moved back to Chennai and all prices are from here. I have checked the price in Samsung plaza and the guy told the C650 is at 72k and C630 in croma was for 64k

No discount on the prices so far.

Story in croma: I checked in 2 of their showrooms and they had only the C530 model. I asked for C550 and they said not available. I told them since the C530 is off the website, I would like to go for C550 and asked for some offer/discount. They said, they dont have C550 and so no offer, but can give me a moto mobile if I purchase the C530. As well as, they suggested to go for C630 if I opt to go for C550.

Story in Samsung plaza: They had only the C550 in display and no offers/discounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoul View Post
I bought the C650 for 65K a few months ago. It's a brilliant TV, highly recommend it for:

1) Seamless 720p and 1080p MKV playback via USB. Even plays files with DTS sound containers.

2) Can stream movies, music and images from your computer over the local network (plugged in via the ethernet port at the back or via a Wifi dongle)

3) Once online, you can download apps and games: check facebook, play over 20 games, use Google Maps etc etc

4) The extra HDMI ports help - I have a PS3, Xtreamer, Tata Sky HD STB connected via HDMI, and will soon be getting an Onkyo 5.1 system too. You always need more ports

Overall, it's an awesome television - the deeper blacks because of the higher contrast ratio also makes watching movies a treat.

Remember to upgrade the firmware!
The same model was having a price of 72k in Samsung plaza. The model I saw and enquired was C630.

How is the model C530 not shown in their website???

LCD TV - Television | SAMSUNG
Old 21st September 2010, 09:41   #3919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
My bad I didnt update my profile. I have moved back to Chennai and all prices are from here. I have checked the price in Samsung plaza and the guy told the C650 is at 72k and C630 in croma was for 64k

No discount on the prices so far
If you are not in a terrible hurry, wait for the Diwali discounts. I feel that now is not the best time to get a bargain. Every Diwali there are discounts galore.

Samsung Internet prices are given here. LCD TV - Television | SAMSUNG

In Delhi you get at least 10-20% off on these.
Old 21st September 2010, 10:58   #3920
BHPian

Unfortunately I will not be able to wait till Diwali since the TV is needed when I shift to my new house.

Going to contact Samsung why the C530 is not listed in their website
Old 23rd September 2010, 07:35   #3921
BHPian

I am on the look out for a LCD/LED/Plasma tv. Not being a gadget freak doesnt help. Please somebody help me with these doubts.
1.Plasmas had some shortcomings. What are they? Are they overcome now? Plasmas are far cheaper.
2.How useful are the internet features(internet video on sony,vieracast on panasonic) on LCD/LED tvs? I am told more links will be added in the future. Will a TV brought now be able to access those?
3.What is difference between wifi integrated and wifi ready?
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:43   #3922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Going to contact Samsung why the C530 is not listed in their website
Look up this link LCD TV - Television | SAMSUNG, then go to 5 series. C530 is listed in the following sizes - 46", 37" & 32".
Old 23rd September 2010, 11:18   #3923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I am on the look out for a LCD/LED/Plasma tv. Not being a gadget freak doesnt help. Please somebody help me with these doubts.
1.Plasmas had some shortcomings. What are they? Are they overcome now? Plasmas are far cheaper.
2.How useful are the internet features(internet video on sony,vieracast on panasonic) on LCD/LED tvs? I am told more links will be added in the future. Will a TV brought now be able to access those?
3.What is difference between wifi integrated and wifi ready?
I was in such dellima few months back.

Was considering Plasma...after comparing with Full HD LCD,
I opted the samsung c530 32" Full HD LCD.

In my budget only " Panny 42 plasma HD ready " was available.
The only major drawback in plasma is the reflection. It reflects like hell. If you close all doors and window then it may viewable. But in practical its not doable to switch off all lights and close all the doors / window etc.
No idea about other models or high end models.

LEDs are costly then LCD.
Old 26th September 2010, 09:57   #3924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Look up this link LCD TV - Television | SAMSUNG, then go to 5 series. C530 is listed in the following sizes - 46", 37" & 32".
Thanks, but I am concerned why the C530 is not listed under 40"

Did contact Samsung and got a generic reply to send my address and contact number. Will do and wait. Fingers crossed.

But, decided to buy the C550 40" today.

Wish me luck!!!
Old 26th September 2010, 22:56   #3925
BHPian

Great discussion guys.
I have decided to take a plunge into buying the Samsung flat panel 40".
Out of my research, it appears that the Series 6 40C630 is available for 65000 and the 40C650 is available for 71000. I think the only difference is the internect connectivity.
The 6 series LED version 40C6900 costs 98000.
Talking about the 5 series ( i noticed a profound difference in the panels of the 5 and the 6 series, LCD variants) the LED variant stood out pretty well. The LED 40C5000 is costing 76000.
One of the dealers is offering an Airtel DTH setup with 3 months of free connection as complementary with any of the above.
My dilemma is whether i go for the LED 5 series (40C5000) or the LCD 6 series (40C650)? Need help. Also is there any other place where i can find a better deal in Bangalore?
Old 27th September 2010, 09:43   #3926
Senior - BHPian

@Nayyar: LED picture is better than LCD TV. In short go in for 5 than 6. Cheers!
Old 27th September 2010, 12:30   #3927
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

any idea what is the best price for the following panels in Pune :

1. LG 42PJ560, PJ650 and PJ350
2. Panasonic 42X20D
Old 27th September 2010, 15:10   #3928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
I was in such dellima few months back.

Was considering Plasma...after comparing with Full HD LCD,
I opted the samsung c530 32" Full HD LCD.

In my budget only " Panny 42 plasma HD ready " was available.
How much did the LCD cost you? Which Panny 42'' plasma you are talking about and how much was the price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
The only major drawback in plasma is the reflection. It reflects like hell.
Maybe/May not be true but the drawback in plasma is the electricity consumption. Plasmas consume a lots of electricity and that was the reason it is bought less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayyar.rao View Post
Need help. Also is there any other place where i can find a better deal in Bangalore?
I have been to GIRIAS, E-Zone, Chroma, Electronic Bazzaar and out of all I found Chroma the best and GIRIAS the worst. You get good deals in Chroma is you know to bargain.

Last edited by Googleman : 27th September 2010 at 15:16.
Old 27th September 2010, 15:29   #3929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Maybe/May not be true but the drawback in plasma is the electricity consumption. Plasmas consume a lots of electricity and that was the reason it is bought less.

Panel reflection depends on the finish of the panel and not on the technology behind it. I have a 42" Panasonic G10 since one year and it is an outstanding product, especially for watching Hollywood movies (with more dark scenes). I use Xtreamer media player for watching them in 1080p resolution.

Plasma TVs dont sell mainly because it is not marketed as well as LCD TVs and not available in sizes less than 40-42", not necessarily because it consumes more power. There are also much lesser players in that space. I have a 32" Samsung B530 as well which is good enough for normal TV viewing including cable and DTH and for occasional games.
Old 27th September 2010, 15:59   #3930
Senior - BHPian

@Googleman: Sir, your statement in its entirety is not correct. Plasma consumes more electricity that is true, over its life it will consume more than 2x the power than LCDs (again depends on the comparison of quality of Plasma and similar size).

It is not due to this only reason that it is unpopular:
1. It costs more to build {Bigger TVs were only made possible due to this technology}. Thus I owe to these big boys that we are not stuck with humongous projection TVs or CRTs.

2. It costs more to ship /sq inch = all factories were in SE Asia. Initial tech was not ready for prime time. Ghost and burn in. However as we saw in the best Plasmas from Pioneer Kuro series the sets were magnificent. No LCDs or LEDs come close.

It was tough to justify the costs and so LCDs became popular. It is always consumer market for volume generators.

It is still the best choice and is selling if you opt for more than 60inch. The price advantage of LCDs stop right there. However, 3D is now getting onto Plasmas that is now reviving the market.

More info at
http://www.i4u.com/34501/plasma-better-3d-tv
http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/3...vs-lcd-3d.html

Plasmas as many will vouch for has a great PQ if you watch HD Hollywood content.

This might have been OT. Sorry.

Last edited by Sn1p3r : 27th September 2010 at 16:04. Reason: Found more relevant information. Sorry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks