Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2017, 15:06   #8371
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Looking for a 40-43 inch LED TV.

The Great Indian sale on Amazon has some good choices.

How is this one:

http://www.amazon.in/Sanyo-inches-XT...led+tv+43+inch
I have this one. I am not a TV buff, hence I will not be able to do a deep dive on the PQ or other tech points.

IMO, it is good TV for the price point with some short comings.

I had posted this earlier.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post4125001

The sound output is mediocre (8W) compared to other TVs.
Old 11th May 2017, 15:12   #8372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
I have this one. I am not a TV buff, hence I will not be able to do a deep dive on the PQ or other tech points.

IMO, it is good TV for the price point with some short comings.

I had posted this earlier.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post4125001

The sound output is mediocre (8W) compared to other TVs.
Thank you.

The points you mentioned in your earlier post are mostly related to playing of videos via external source like USB.

However my primary usage would be with Chromecast/Amazon Firestick. So i think the file format compatibility issues won't arise obviously.

But i would like to understand more about Sound quality. Some reviews on Amazon mention that:

1) Sound is so low and unclear thats sometimes you cannot understand spoken words from the channel.

2) If an external soundbar/home theater is connected via AUX (3.5mm jack), there is a constant "grrrr grrr" disturbance in the audio output.

Could you please provide your views on these?
Old 11th May 2017, 16:04   #8373
BHPian

Quote:

1) Sound is so low and unclear thats sometimes you cannot understand spoken words from the channel.
I primarily used the TV to play content from the web via Chromecast or other sources via USB. For some movies that I watched, the sound was low that the dialogs were difficult to hear. I have not used it with standard SD set-top box.

Quote:
2) If an external soundbar/home theater is connected via AUX (3.5mm jack), there is a constant "grrrr grrr" disturbance in the audio output.

Could you please provide your views on these?
I have not tried connecting an external speaker or soundbar to it, so do not have first hand experience.
Old 11th May 2017, 16:44   #8374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi
I am facing the following problem with our LG LED TV 47".
Can experts please tell me what is the problem and cause behind it? I guess the TV is 3-4 years old (Don't remember).
Quote:
Originally Posted by F150
The panel has gone KAPUT. You will need a new panel or if it is too expensive, purchase a new TV.
Sorry for not updating earlier.

The TV got restored on its own without any repairs.
How? Well even I don't know.
But I had tried Factory Reset earlier but it did not solve the problem immediately.
Old 31st May 2017, 13:58   #8375
BHPian

I have a sony Bravia LCD 26". Facing the below issue:

When I turn the tv on with my remote it keeps making a tik tok tik tok tik tok .... sound like its automatically turning on and off without any display. The red light keeps blinking along with the sound. Sony people said it will need a power board rplacement which will cost around 7000 rupees.

Is it a good idea to get it repaired or shal I buy a new LED? Any good recommendation? (budget 40-50k)

(I had once replaced the main board from sony service costing me around 7000 5 years back.)
Old 31st May 2017, 14:10   #8376
Senior - BHPian

Please suggest a cheap and best basic LED TV? Primary requirement is watching Indian soaps :-) and movies (DTH and USB). Screen size 32" and above.

Don't want to spend more due to recent issue faced with our junk Panasonic TV.

Last edited by Latheesh : 31st May 2017 at 14:13. Reason: typo
Old 1st June 2017, 02:07   #8377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmax View Post
Sony people said it will need a power board rplacement which will cost around 7000 rupees.
Did Sony India send someone home to check it out? I have had component level repair on my Sony 46 as well as a couple of friends tvs through a known Sony India technician and in all cases the repair cost was about 2k. Mine cost me 1200, the issue was that the colors had gone negative and red. My uncles TV had all hdmi ports stop working and that cost 2000.
Old 7th June 2017, 07:49   #8378
Senior - BHPian

Mom had a Sony, but after few issues picked up a cheap VU. Its ON 24 hours and is still on its feet, even after 2 years. Zero issues.
Old 7th June 2017, 08:26   #8379
BHPian

Planning to go in for a 48 - 50 inch screen. After scouting around came across a model that Panasonic is offering a great price on as part of some stock clearance.
49DX650 its 49 Inch, SMART and a 4K LED TV.

Does anyone have this model and have any feedback to share ?
The only official web review I saw rated this TV at average.

Also not sure if I should go in for a 4K or just a regular 1080p SMART TV. One thought says if you are upgrading might as well go for a future proof one. The other says does it really make a difference for the content we watch ?

Last edited by Fillmore : 7th June 2017 at 08:31.
Old 7th June 2017, 08:56   #8380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
The only official web review I saw rated this TV at average.
A good tv will never land up under stock clearance (Unless overpriced in the first place) so that web review does seem to align to how good the tv really is. I suggest you check the tv yourself with blu ray content. Even if it ain't 4K, you'll get an idea of the picture quality. Also; I have not heard anyone singing praises for Smart TV functionality other than LG's brilliant Web OS so don't fall for the Smart stuff.

Also; when you say 4K, that should factor high dynamic range which the tv does not support.

Truth be told, 1080p looks stunning right up to a good quality 55" TV. Not sure how much additional benefit you stand to gain with 4k on a 49". By the time 4K telecasts come aorund, our genius manufacturers will be pushing 8 or 10k!

The DX 900 series are stellar.

I suggest a top notch full hd tv instead of this Panasonic.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 7th June 2017 at 08:59.
Old 7th June 2017, 09:06   #8381
Senior - BHPian

Took an old TV out of storage in Bengaluru and the dumb Samsung SD TV turned out not to be so dumb afterall as even after 14 years the picture quality evokes awe. This one is an odd sized 27 incher, considered 'massive' those days.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-tv-clar.jpeg  

Old 7th June 2017, 09:28   #8382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Took an old TV out of storage in Bengaluru and the dumb Samsung SD TV turned out not to be so dumb afterall as even after 14 years the picture quality evokes awe. This one is an odd sized 27 incher, considered 'massive' those days.
I have a Bravia 21" from 2006 that is just going on and on! In the meantime, I am on my 4th LCD/LED/Plasma TV in the space of 5 years. Same house, the bravia carries on , hunkered down like the queen mother!
Old 7th June 2017, 10:28   #8383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I have a Bravia 21" from 2006
Same here on the CRT Bravia. We had 4 Sony CRTs, oldest purchased 23 years ago and still working in my sisters house. Gave a 14" to our maid, sold the 29" recently for 5k and still left over with a 21. The 21 has not been used in 10 years but I switched it on and hooked it to a STB three days back and it works just fine. It's doing temporary duty now at my in laws till they purchase a Led.
Old 8th June 2017, 09:24   #8384
Senior - BHPian

A dealer quoted 67K for Sony 43X8300D 4K HDR Android TV. Price looks good, though might fall further due to GST coming into effect from July 1st.

Dealer said it is a fresh piece from an unopened box and with 2017 manufacturing date. How to ensure this? Hope he doesn't palm off a display piece.
Old 8th June 2017, 14:46   #8385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Truth be told, 1080p looks stunning right up to a good quality 55" TV. Not sure how much additional benefit you stand to gain with 4k on a 49". By the time 4K telecasts come aorund, our genius manufacturers will be pushing 8 or 10k!...
Thanks for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
A dealer quoted 67K for Sony 43X8300D 4K HDR Android TV. Price looks good, though might fall further due to GST coming into effect from July 1st.

Dealer said it is a fresh piece from an unopened box and with 2017 manufacturing date. How to ensure this? Hope he doesn't palm off a display piece.
Btw just FYI the TV I was looking at is on sale for 63k
This is 49DX650 a 49 Inch, SMART + 4K UHD LED TV.
Panasonic TV's run on the Firefox OS.

You might want to check it out if interested.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks