Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2017, 15:08   #8386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
A dealer quoted 67K for Sony 43X8300D 4K HDR Android TV. Price looks good, though might fall further due to GST coming into effect from July 1st.

Dealer said it is a fresh piece from an unopened box and with 2017 manufacturing date. How to ensure this? Hope he doesn't palm off a display piece.
43 inches 4k TV? You will have to sit very near the TV to enjoy 4k experience. I don't think 4k is useful for size less than 55 inches practically. I know that all manufacturers are pushing new features more on 4k sets now if that is what you are looking.
Old 8th June 2017, 21:15   #8387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I got a 50 inch Samsung smart TV from gaffar last month for 38k Series 5
What are the chances that one lands up with a TV that's not original? Or is it that gaffar doesn't have cheap duplicates (if at all that's possible when it comes to LED TVs)
Old 9th June 2017, 18:32   #8388
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

I just had the most disappointing experience with VU TV's

I purchased a VU 40 inches LED from Flipkart and the same was delivered on 2nd Jun’17 & installed on 3rd Jun’17. I did not have any complaints with the product until then

Below are the chain of events that seem to have made this purchase an ordeal:

• On 3rd June, I tried connecting a Home Theater (three different Home Theaters actually) and there was a constant buzzing sound from the speakers
• I raised a replacement request and a technician visited my premises on Monday 5th Jun’17
• The technician acknowledged there is an issue and they would need to replace the board
• I denied having a 3 day old product opened up as Flipkart has a 10 day return policy
• The technician raised a replacement request that very moment
• To my utter dismay, the technicians supervisor has rejected the replacement request in spite of knowing that it is a defected product
• I have made numerous calls to the supervisor in question but there is no response
• An individual from the email support team wrote to me stating "Home Theater does not support this model" LOL
• There is absolutely no ownership from either Vu or Flipkart

I am appalled by the extremely callous attitude of the team as I am not comfortable with having a four -five day old TV being repaired and that too when these guys assure that there is a ten day replacement. Flipkart assures a 10-day replacement but can only do so post Vu's technicians approve it. According to their technicians, the issue is “resolved”, when it actually is not
Old 10th June 2017, 11:15   #8389
Senior - BHPian

Looking for a 24 inch TV for my bedroom as my 17 year old 21 inch Sony CRT (the picture quality is too good) gave up. Any recommendation?

Also, how to dispose the old CRT TV?
Old 11th June 2017, 08:07   #8390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
You might want to check it out if interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
43 inches 4k TV?
I was looking for 43" Android TV with HDR and 43X8300D was the cheapest one. 4K wasn't a requirement for me.

Updated: Placed order on Thursday. TV was delivered & installed on Friday. Picture quality is superb. I think HDR makes the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Also, how to dispose the old CRT TV?
I had a 17-year-old, working 21" Sony Wega. I got 3,500 off the bill for exchange.
Old 11th June 2017, 17:47   #8391
Distinguished - BHPian

Are there discounts on TV to clear old stocks before GST is implemented. Am planning for a 42 inch LED and am inclined towards Sony w800d . Is it a good buy or are there any better options in the same price band?

Last edited by noopster : 11th June 2017 at 19:39. Reason: Typos
Old 15th June 2017, 13:02   #8392
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Are there discounts on TV to clear old stocks before GST is implemented. Am planning for a 42 inch LED and am inclined towards Sony w800d . Is it a good buy or are there any better options in the same price band?
So far running fine for me for last 3 months. I have the 43 inch one.
Google cast other app works seamless. It have Amazon prime, Netflix and google movie inbuilt, so no need to install anything else.
Recently got the Android 6 upgrade, noticed minor improvement in sound department after upgrade.
Old 15th June 2017, 13:23   #8393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
• On 3rd June, I tried connecting a Home Theater (three different Home Theaters actually) and there was a constant buzzing sound from the speakers
While the TV could have an issue, it may be worth to check for "ground loop" issues. I had issue when connecting my 2.1 speaker to the laptop (also connected to the TV); causing a lot of hum from the speakers. Problem was resolved by "ground lifting" of the laptop power adapter. What I did was to use a multi-pin adapter with its earth pin removed for connecting the laptop power adapter.

Some info here:
http://www.audioholics.com/home-thea...m-hum-and-buzz
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_lift
Old 15th June 2017, 13:36   #8394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was looking for 43" Android TV with HDR and 43X8300D was the cheapest one. 4K wasn't a requirement for me.

Updated: Placed order on Thursday. TV was delivered & installed on Friday. Picture quality is superb. I think HDR makes the difference.

I had a 17-year-old, working 21" Sony Wega. I got 3,500 off the bill for exchange.
Are you watching hdr10 or Dolby vision content? Otherwise it is just a placebo effect. Only a handful of Netflix shows support HDR that too when played via their windows store app in windows 10.
Old 16th June 2017, 19:32   #8395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Problem was resolved by "ground lifting" of the laptop power adapter. What I did was to use a multi-pin adapter with its earth pin removed for connecting the laptop power adapter.

Some info here:
http://www.audioholics.com/home-thea...m-hum-and-buzz
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_lift
Hey, Thanks for the reply. I did google about the issue and might have to buy a ground loop isolator to stop the sound. Any other advise on how to reduce the sound would be helpful

Apparently, this model 40D6575 has an issue and even a replacement with the same model wouldn't solve the issue
Old 19th June 2017, 11:23   #8396
BHPian

Sony, Samsund or VU

I am in the market for a ~50" 4K Android TV as our trusted Hyundai 42" Plasma TV stopped working after 12 years of flawless service.

Our TV usage is limited, around 2 hours max per day. So, I am in a dilemma on whether to buy Sony and get peace of mind plus better user experience or go for Vu TV at almost 50% lesser cost.

The models we are considering are :-
1. Sony 49" 4K TV (KD-49X8300D) - Price is 1.2L (Croma Rate)
2. Vu 50" Premium UHD Series - Price is 0.62L (MRP)

At Croma store, salesman was pushing hard for Samsumg models at ~ 20% lesser cost than Sony. We became apprehensive due to his over-selling.

Looking for inputs and suggestions.
Old 19th June 2017, 13:05   #8397
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sony, Samsund or VU

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Are you watching hdr10 or Dolby vision content? Otherwise it is just a placebo effect. Only a handful of Netflix shows support HDR that too when played via their windows store app in windows 10.
My comment on picture quality was for SD content. I checked and found that Sony TVs with HDR has excellent PQ for SD content compared to other TVs. This TV will mainly used by kids watch their channels and family for the daily dose of soap, the content for both of them is mainly SD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post
Croma listed price for 43" is around 62K. Does 49" cost double that?
Old 19th June 2017, 13:20   #8398
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, It is so. I also didn't notice this before you said.
Old 19th June 2017, 13:57   #8399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My comment on picture quality was for SD content. I checked and found that Sony TVs with HDR has excellent PQ for SD content compared to other TVs. This TV will mainly used by kids watch their channels and family for the daily dose of soap, the content for both of them is mainly SD.
Most HDR televisions will work in normal BT709/BT601 color space unless it detects HDR metadata. It only switches to DCI-P3 when it detects this metadata.

So on paper if the TV is calibrated properly, all else remaining equal, an HDR television should have exactly the same picture with SD/standard HD content as a non HDR TV.
Old 19th June 2017, 19:57   #8400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatmakar View Post

2. Vu 50" Premium UHD Series - Price is 0.62L (MRP)

Looking for inputs and suggestions.
What will be your source, if you are going to watch SD content via your STB, stick to Sony.
If it is going to be HD/Netflix i would suggest the VU.
When i was checking out VU that is what made me drop it off my list was the SD playback.

There is very little 4K/UHD content out there.

If you can find a Full HD Smart TV, i would suggest that. Sony has a 55" W800D series, see what is the best price you can get for it.

Last edited by yajaman99 : 19th June 2017 at 19:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks