Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2017, 07:16   #8356
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I am facing the following problem with our LG LED TV 47".
Can experts please tell me what is the problem and cause behind
The panel has gone KAPUT. You will need a new panel or if it is too expensive, purchase a new TV.
Old 6th April 2017, 12:45   #8357
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
What I was thinking of, to chalk out my requirements:
  • Need a TV that looks like a TV, 32 inch or may be 40/43 inch, not a inch more than that.
  • TV running around 4-5 hours a day, but we are lazy people and TVs are switched of from remote and not from mains.
  • If I can mirror videos from my mobile (android phones) I am bought, can I mirror amazon prime things running on iPad
  • 5-6 years of life that I should expect at least and I hate calling customer support or service guys, that means it should run with zero issues till it stays with me
  • I don't have space to keep a sound bar, but I have a Herman blue-tooth speaker which I can use if possible. So it sould support blue-tooth speaker as plug in or must have good in-built speakers.
  • I can max spend up to 40K, 10% up and down.
And lastly, what should I do to my Maruti 800, I mean my current tv?
Made a fool of myself and bit the dust. Purchased a Sony KDL-43W800D from croma. With a 5% cashback on SBI card, cost me a fortune at 60K. Who can survive the demand from home ministry .
They will be delivering it today and installation would follow then. May be I will be able to get a glimpse of the jewel from next week onward.

Sold my beloved LG on OLX for 4K in record 8 hours flat.
Old 7th April 2017, 06:12   #8358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Purchased a Sony KDL-43W800D from croma. With a 5% cashback on SBI card, cost me a fortune at 60K. Who can survive the demand from home ministry lol
The home ministry and you, have taken the right decision in the end, there is no brand better and more reliable. Its also always best to sell off LCD's at this point while they are still semi-relevant and 4k is a good sum for it. Also if it helps, 60k in today's terms is still quite modest for a television, a few phones and laptops are priced higher and this is a 43 inch t.v. Give it time, the value should be apparent.

Any special features on this one? Is it smart? Android? Although with all the news of governments using smart products to spy on people I'm not sure how good they are anymore, I cut my t.v off the net grid after that news.

Last edited by dark.knight : 7th April 2017 at 06:14.
Old 7th April 2017, 11:28   #8359
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
The home ministry and you, have taken the right decision in the end, there is no brand better and more reliable. Its also always best to sell off LCD's at this point while they are still semi-relevant and 4k is a good sum for it. Also if it helps, 60k in today's terms is still quite modest for a television, a few phones and laptops are priced higher and this is a 43 inch t.v. Give it time, the value should be apparent.

Any special features on this one? Is it smart? Android? Although with all the news of governments using smart products to spy on people I'm not sure how good they are anymore, I cut my t.v off the net grid after that news.
Thank you for your kind words.
Among all those available models; display of Sony is indeed remarkable.

Just my observation, I found IPS panels of LG to be a bit on darker side and Panasonic too bright. Also the dumb Panasonic 32 inch at my Dad' place have not so good picture quality to SD channels on an Airtel box. Recent bad experiences with Samsung service forces us out of that name.

So that left us with 2 choices either a Sony or the gangs of Vu and others. So to make a choice was pretty simple, only bug was to choose the model.

Our main priority was good sound and good visual, everything else is secondary. Point is to have these 2 basic features, we have accepted loads of garbage .

This modest TV runs on lollipop, up gradable to Marshmallow (not 100% sure on this, just quoted the salesman' voice) with a small 2GB RAM and 8GB inbuilt storage and comes with an active 3D panel (3D specs are not included and Sony is asking 2K for a piece, not for me). Comes with an IR blaster to control other devices as well.
Waiting for the Sony guys to send someone to hang it on wall, till then no option for me to check out other features.

Regarding Govt planning to spy on me, I will be privileged. Let them spend all those money, energy and power to spy on a guy who post his savings bank interest to income tax department.
Old 24th April 2017, 17:19   #8360
BHPian

Hello Guys,
I have Samsung 55H6400 LED TV.
My IR blaster gave up a week back. I called customer care and service person said, his technical team says, there is a small cell (button type battery) inside IR blaster. It needs to be changed. Now this person will visit me by day after tomorrow i guess to replace battery.
Does anybody know if IR blaster has battery?

regards;
komal
Old 4th May 2017, 12:33   #8361
BHPian

Any reviews of the LG Model: LG 49UH770T? Would also appreciate if someone could point out showrooms in Hyderabad where one could get a good deal.

Thanks.
Old 5th May 2017, 13:20   #8362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Hello Guys,
I have Samsung 55H6400 LED TV.
My IR blaster gave up a week back. I called customer care and service person said, his technical team says, there is a small cell (button type battery) inside IR blaster. It needs to be changed. Now this person will visit me by day after tomorrow i guess to replace battery.
Does anybody know if IR blaster has battery?

regards;
komal

Update to this topic:
Engineer came and opened the IR blaster. Found out that it doesn't need battery to operate.
It was just a loose connection which he repaired and it was working again.
Old 6th May 2017, 15:28   #8363
BHPian

Any reviews regarding Panasonic led 's?
I am getting a good offer on 58 inch Tv.
Is it worth buying of should I stick with Samsung or Sony?
Old 6th May 2017, 20:09   #8364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Any reviews regarding Panasonic led 's?
Is it worth buying of should I stick with Samsung or Sony?
I have a Panasonic 39' since 2012. No issues till now. Working quitely and efficiently as expected. The sound is not great but for that matter I don't expect that too from an LED tv.
Old 6th May 2017, 20:33   #8365
BANNED

Just wanted to give a quick review. Got an Intex 50 inch LED (Non smart) for about 37K with a 3yr warranty.

I don't see any problems with the picture quality, its 1080p. Best to see full hd or 720p content. SD TV doesn't look good, as expected.

Has 2 usb ports, one even 3.0. HDD works, most formats supported (except x265).

But the best part about it, something that i didn't expect is the Sound. Its very loud and very crisp. The bass is obviously not as good as a dedicated Sub, but a little bit is there. And otherwise it is great for Watching TV , no need for external speakers at all. Had a videocon and LG lcds in the past, and never felt like they were enough. I was used to the Sony CRTs with the Subwoofer. Needed to use a Bose portable speaker for a quick remedy. But this intex one is very good. The bose is rarely needed now.

I would recommend this as a good budget 50 inch option with a great sounding speaker(something that mostly is neglected by the brands)
Old 6th May 2017, 21:47   #8366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Just wanted to give a quick review. Got an Intex 50 inch LED (Non smart) for about 37K with a 3yr warranty.

Has 2 usb ports, one even 3.0. HDD works, most formats supported (except x265).

But the best part about it, something that i didn't expect is the Sound.

I would recommend this as a good budget 50 inch option with a great sounding speaker(something that mostly is neglected by the brands)
I got a 50 inch Samsung smart TV from gaffar last month for 38k Series 5. It was obviously without warranty but is working fine and am pretty happy with the image quality and sound performance upgrading from a 40 inch Bravia. I know buying without warranty is a risk but I have a 40 inch Samsung working in the clinic from thailand for the past 5years and have not had any problem with it hence took the risk. Good decision on buying non smart as Chromecast does 90% of the work and cost only 3k. I was also thinking of the same but the difference between non smart and smart was also 3k hence it was a no brainer. Hope your TV works well. Cheers.
Old 6th May 2017, 22:20   #8367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I got a 50 inch Samsung smart TV from gaffar last month for 38k Series 5.
That's a great price, is it UA49K5100 or 50J5100?
Old 7th May 2017, 01:13   #8368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
That's a great price, is it UA49K5100 or 50J5100?

UA49K5100 if I am not wrong was an older model. It was available for 36k in gaffar. I got UA49K5300 for 38k. There are no major differences except slight difference in the smart features which keep on changing with each model change. There's no bargaining involved and all the shops had more or less the same price give or take 500 rupees. Hopefully it serves me well. Cheers.
Old 10th May 2017, 16:50   #8369
Senior - BHPian

My 4.5 years old Panasonic Plasma went kaput few months back. Panasonic is not able to repair the same as part (main board) is not available. They gave an offer on new TVs instead of repairing the same. But their special offer price is higher than what amazon/fk/croma/snapdeal/paytm offering for same models.

+Panasonic Customer Care is Pathetic.

Last edited by Latheesh : 10th May 2017 at 17:01.
Old 11th May 2017, 11:49   #8370
Senior - BHPian

Looking for a 40-43 inch LED TV.

The Great Indian sale on Amazon has some good choices.

How is this one:

http://www.amazon.in/Sanyo-inches-XT...led+tv+43+inch

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks