Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2020, 23:40   #9256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I just saw the 65 inch variant of this model on Flipkart listed at 1.3 lakhs, which I think is a good price. However, on contacting a sales chap at Reliance Digital, I was informed that this model has been discontinued. Instead of going for 8 or 7 series this is best bargain IMHO in terms of picture quality.

Some online research tells me that the successor of this model (the X9500G) is hardly any different except for an upgraded processor, and it costs 2.2 lakhs which is way beyond my means.

Is it still a good idea to buy the X9000F from Flipkart? The Samsung Frame 65 inch variant is listed at 1.4 lakhs but the Sony seems much better value in comparison.

Also, how has your experience been with this television
This is good price for 65 inch TV. As said there is marginal improvement in Processor, in built memory capacity every year. I do not think there will be discernible picture quality improvement. This is very good model. Previously I had 5 series Samsung plasma for 5 years. My eyes do not hurt at all after prolonged use even though it is LED. In April 2018 this was price of 55 inch same model.

Last edited by HydroFuel : 21st January 2020 at 23:51.
Old 30th January 2020, 16:57   #9257
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
This is good price for 65 inch TV.

I just checked out this TV at the local reliance store, they have 2 pieces left. With casual bargain, they offered 150000 as the last price am sure they will reduce more and are also ready to buy back my 65-inch plasma which I have been planning to dispose of. Its a Samsung 64 F 8500 flagship plasma of yesteryears but the power consumption and heat is just too much for today. So they are ready to buy back this TV at 10 K. I am going to bargain for 2-3 more days and close the deal.

The only crappy part is the extended warranty form SOny is 35 k for extending the standard warranty by 2 years. So the cost of TV + 35 k will give me a peaceful experience for 3 years.
Old 1st February 2020, 11:20   #9258
BHPian

Since our 10 year old Sony 46 inch tv is being shifted to another room, we are now needing to buy a big screen TV in the main living room. We want to get a 65 incher this time. I would prefer reputed brands and no Chinese ones. I intend to keep TV as much as I can. Don't have a set budget but can do upto 1.5 lakh if needed. TV needs to be 4K and I know most tv now are smart tv but I plan to use fire tv stick 4k connected to the tv.
Also I had read that some tvs now have the apple TV embedded (not sure if it is full featured) but that would be nice to have but not necessary.
Old 1st February 2020, 13:36   #9259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
, we are now needing to buy a big screen TV in the main living room.
Check out
SONY 950G VS SONY 900F
950 G is was this years flagship and 900 F was last years but they're 99.5 % similar with a few extra features in 950 G , I for one wouldnt pay extra for that.

the 950 G has been topped with the new master series from Sony . The picture quality of these TV is just unmatched . I compared the flagships of LG and Samsung and SOny in the store itself playing 4 K clips watching HD pictures and Sony was leagues ahead .

The master series is close to 3 Lakhs for 65 inch .
950 G was 2.4
900 F was being offered at 1.5 lakhs plus free sound bar and buy back at 10 K for our old plasma in working condition and he promised he would bring down the price further when we came to pay .
Old 1st February 2020, 15:49   #9260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
Check out
SONY 950G VS SONY 900F
950 G is was this years flagship and 900 F was last years but they're 99.5 % similar with a few extra features in 950 G , I for one wouldnt pay extra for that.

the 950 G has been topped with the new master series from Sony . The picture quality of these TV is just unmatched . I compared the flagships of LG and Samsung and SOny in the store itself playing 4 K clips watching HD pictures and Sony was leagues ahead .

950 G was 2.4
900 F was being offered at 1.5 lakhs plus free sound bar and buy back at 10 K for our old plasma in working condition and he promised he would bring down the price further when we came to pay .
Where did you see the 900F at 1.5L plus soundbar? I only going the tv on flipkart but it is 2.13L and is not available on amazon.
I also saw this on flipkart KD-65X8000G. Any idea how this is?
Old 1st February 2020, 17:35   #9261
BHPian

Quote:
900 F was being offered at 1.5 lakhs plus free sound bar and buy back at 10 K for our old plasma in working condition
I too would be interested to know the place where you got this offer. I thought Plasma would not be considered for exchange as it is a dead technology. Atleast online retailers don't give an option for plasma exchange.

My TV has developed 3/ 4 vertical lines so not sure if they would accept it.
Old 1st February 2020, 17:43   #9262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post

My TV has developed 3/ 4 vertical lines so not sure if they would accept it.
I saw this in Reliance Digital in Aundh in front of Sarjaa . YOu can go and check it out.

The freebies will keep adding up, soundbar is just the start. They will give more, if you negotiate well.

The standard Sony warranty which can be purchased from Sony directly is for 35 K for 2 additional years.

However, Reliance is willing to provide its own extended warranty for 1 + 4 years. The reliance ResQ service . 4 Yrs for 29 K. NOt sure which one to opt for .
Old 1st February 2020, 18:28   #9263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I
However, Reliance is willing to provide its own extended warranty for 1 + 4 years. The reliance ResQ service . 4 Yrs for 29 K. NOt sure which one to opt for .
Obviously the Sony direct warranty. Reliance warranty will only be as good as the paper it was printed on.
Old 2nd February 2020, 12:23   #9264
BHPian

Quote:
Check out
SONY 950G VS SONY 900F

950 G was 2.4
That seems like an excessive amount for a 65 inch TV. Compare it to a 4k 65 inch TCL Android TV now being sold for just 40k. I have a TCL 75 inch 4k TV and its picture quality and performance is quite close to LG, Samsung and Sony TVs. That 75 inch TCL is now available for 1.09 lakhs! I would go for a bigger screen TV for a cheaper price or if I only wanted 65 inches, I would go with a price of 40k and save over a lakh. In about 3 years, I would upgrade to a bigger TV with newer technology anyway. Many TCL and Sony TVs use the same LG panels in any case!
Old 2nd February 2020, 15:18   #9265
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Many TCL and Sony TVs use the same LG panels in any case!
TCL mainly uses ips panels from china star optronics which is a subsidiary of tcl and they do not use lg.
Old 8th February 2020, 22:51   #9266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoscenario2000 View Post
Today got delivered ONIDA 108 cm (43 Inches) Full HD Smart IPS LED TV – Fire TV Edition through AMAZON. Yet to install it.

I was searching for a smart TV in replacement of my 1.5 yrs old VIDEOCON 43" FHD LED TV. I wan't facing much issues with this TV but considering future service issues (as VIDEOCON is no more in the business), booked ONIDA FIRE TV as outcome of impulse decision.

Has anyone bought ONIDA Fire TV ? How's the experience ? Is it possible to connect Google Chromecast to it ? (since I already have it)
How is this tv working for you? We are planning to buy the same (43 inch). We are used to fire tv interface so we want this tv. Also, have you wall mounted it? Does the onida guy do that when he comes post purchase of tv?
Old 8th February 2020, 23:32   #9267
BHPian

Quote:
How is this tv working for you? We are planning to buy the same (43 inch). We are used to fire tv interface so we want this tv. Also, have you wall mounted it? Does the onida guy do that when he comes post purchase of tv?
The first TV unit delivered to me was faulty, it was rebooting again & again on it's own, alexa wasn't working, remote was getting unpaired every now and then. After lots of follow up with Amazon and inspection by Amazon & Onida technical team, I got brand new replacement. And now new replacement TV unit is working absolutely fine. Fire TV OS is super smooth & user friendly. My Google Chromecast also supported by this TV. Although sound quality is flat and bit disappointing, this is taken care by external home theater system.

Yes, I've wall mounted it. Onida service is very prompt and good here. Onida technician do this installation free of cost since it is included with purchase.

Hope this helps!
Old 9th February 2020, 20:11   #9268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoscenario2000 View Post
The first TV unit delivered to me was faulty, it was rebooting again & again on it's own, alexa wasn't working, remote was getting unpaired every now and then. After lots of follow up with Amazon and inspection by Amazon & Onida technical team, I got brand new replacement. And now new replacement TV unit is working absolutely fine. Fire TV OS is super smooth & user friendly. My Google Chromecast also supported by this TV. Although sound quality is flat and bit disappointing, this is taken care by external home theater system.

Yes, I've wall mounted it. Onida service is very prompt and good here. Onida technician do this installation free of cost since it is included with purchase.

Hope this helps!
Even many Amazon reviews mention that sound is disappointing. So is the sound ok for someone who is going to only watch news or sab tv etc channels, rarely movies. No music as such. The tv is going into the room for my dad.
Old 10th February 2020, 12:37   #9269
BHPian

Hello,

I am thinking of Purchasing LG Oled B9 or C9. My current TV is Sony HX850 55 inch. My sony TV shows screen bleeding on all four sides and a few dead pixels at extreme corners of bottom left and right.
I have a TATA sky connection, my concern is Burn in with that persistent TATA sky logo on the OLED TV.
Should I be concerned or it will not have any issue with Pixel refresher built in to the latest gen of LG OLEDs.
Warranty does not cover screen burn in.
Old 11th February 2020, 21:04   #9270
BHPian

Quote:
Even many Amazon reviews mention that sound is disappointing. So is the sound ok for someone who is going to only watch news or sab tv etc channels, rarely movies. No music as such. The tv is going into the room for my dad.
Well.. To be honest, I can't vouch about sound quality output from TV speakers if it's okay or not. It totally depends on individuals choice. But if you ask me, it is too flat for my likings even for news.

I would suggest, bit of fiddling up/fine tuning with sound settings (for instance: keep bass up to the max level & treble to the minimum) can make it sound better. Or you can try different options in the sound settings menu. There are modes available like News, movie, Music and so on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks