Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2010, 21:39   #3391
BHPian

:)

@Jassi

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply..Appreciate it.I predict that the prices of the 2010 range would be very expensive as mentioned by you when it comes out.I also like the term lowly that you used w.r.t lcd's .Are the problems faced by the c10 owners really that bad elsewhere?what do you have to say about the Lg plasma's?
Old 28th February 2010, 22:10   #3392
BHPian

^^ well i have not heard any current panny plasma owners complain (believe me I have got plenty of people to buy panny plasmas both in india and abroad)
LG plasmas may not have this issue or maybe it is not reported - but is the lg plasma as good as panny? I doubt as I haven't heard any reviews indicating the same! Are the LG/sammy plasmas better than the lowly LCDs - i guess so :-)
Old 1st March 2010, 00:07   #3393
BHPian

Showroom set

Dear All ,

I have taken the plunge and taken home LG LED TV 42LH90 for Rs 68,500 . but when the set came home , it had lots of dust marks , It was pointed out to the dealer who has promised to replace it on 2/03/2010. meanwhile the old set is still with us.

Can you guys please let me know if LG LH90 has any setting which can indicate the no of hrs used on the set ? any advise would be appericated .

Regards,

Gaurav
Old 1st March 2010, 00:19   #3394
BHPian

^^ did the initial setting menu show up when you turned tv on for first time
check the manual page 37 'initial setting'
LG Product Support for 42LH90

If the dealer is intelligent enough they must have reset it - but thats the easiest way to catch em!
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:47   #3395
BHPian

beaware of LG set

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi;
^^ did the initial setting menu show up when you turned tv on for first time
check the manual page 37 'initial setting'
LG Product Support for 42LH90

If the dealer is intelligent enough they must have reset it - but thats the easiest way to catch em!

Hi Jassi ,

No there was no initial setting menu on start up of box. The delaer has replaced the TV but with the other one also does not have also did not have initial setting on first time installation. This is when i bought it from exclusive showroom.

I really do not know what to do ? all the happiness for getting a new TV has become a sad exp due to the fact that i am not sure if i am a new TV for not.

Regards,

Gaurav

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 2nd March 2010 at 15:01.
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:04   #3396
BHPian

^^ i had similar probs with panny showroom - the thing to keep in mind is this is not manufacturer owned showroom - its just an exclusive showroom owned by some regular dealer (who mostly has other stores with display units).

The way i caught them originally was
1) missing factory default initialization menu (can be reset by dealer though)
2) dust and smudges/marks I had put on showroom units :-)

So its best to escalate to manufacturer (i did that) and ask them to ship a fresh unit from godown (of manufacturer not dealer).
In my case new pieces where shipped from panny to showroom and they were not even unloaded at showroom. The moment the tempo left from manufacturer, they called me, so by the time it reached showroom, i was already there and same tempo unloaded all but one unit and followed me home :-)

Last edited by jassi : 2nd March 2010 at 15:05.
Old 6th March 2010, 00:39   #3397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi;
^^ i had similar probs with panny showroom - the thing to keep in mind is this is not manufacturer owned showroom - its just an exclusive showroom owned by some regular dealer (who mostly has other stores with display units).

The way i caught them originally was
1) missing factory default initialization menu (can be reset by dealer though)
2) dust and smudges/marks I had put on showroom units :-)

So its best to escalate to manufacturer (i did that) and ask them to ship a fresh unit from godown (of manufacturer not dealer).
In my case new pieces where shipped from panny to showroom and they were not even unloaded at showroom. The moment the tempo left from manufacturer, they called me, so by the time it reached showroom, i was already there and same tempo unloaded all but one unit and followed me home :-)
^^ i did just that and dealer has been returned the set , I am again on outlook for 42 inch

I have been offered
VIERA TH-P42X10D for 40,500
VIERA TH-P42C10D for 36,500 approx

In lcd's i have been offered

Samsung 40B530 - 47,450
LG 42LF20 - 47,000

Kindly suggest ....
Old 6th March 2010, 22:01   #3398
Senior - BHPian

Just bought Samsung plasma 50 inch (PS50B450 ) for 55k. Gave up 10 year old 29 inch CRT in exchange.

Picture quality is amazing.
Old 8th March 2010, 13:15   #3399
BHPian

Can anyone help me out with the rate of SONY BRAVIA LCD full HD in bangalore - Model - KDL-40W5500
Old 10th March 2010, 06:58   #3400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
^^

In lcd's i have been offered

Samsung 40B530 - 47,450
LG 42LF20 - 47,000

Kindly suggest ....
Thats a very good price for the sammy. here vijay sales opera house is quoting 54K for this model.

another thing the sales man mentioned that 37" will be phased out soon. in fact there wasnt a 37" available on display.

comments anyone
Old 10th March 2010, 16:00   #3401
BHPian

Hello all, I'm planning to get an LCD in the range of 50" to 52". Have shortlisted LG and Panasonic. Need your inputs regarding which one would be a better deal. If you know of any other brand that offers better picture quality in similar/slightly high price range, I look forward to it.
Thanks!!
Old 10th March 2010, 17:41   #3402
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Thats a very good price for the sammy. here vijay sales opera house is quoting 54K for this model.

another thing the sales man mentioned that 37" will be phased out soon. in fact there wasnt a 37" available on display.

comments anyone
Your right. I dont see 37" anywhere. The inches are growing my leaps and bounds. Nowadays folks are preferring 40" minimum and now you have over 50" also getting common.

When i bought a 40" Samsung LCD way back in Nov'07, i paid 80K for it. Now looking at current pricing, i guess i will get small change for an upgrade to a better/bigger LCD which i am considering down this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
Hello all, I'm planning to get an LCD in the range of 50" to 52". Have shortlisted LG and Panasonic. Need your inputs regarding which one would be a better deal. If you know of any other brand that offers better picture quality in similar/slightly high price range, I look forward to it.
Thanks!!
Between the two. Panny is much better. Why dont you consider Samsung too, they are also very good in picture quality. Only problem with them is sound quality ain't that great. But it doesn't matter if you have a good HT.
Old 14th March 2010, 00:09   #3403
Senior - BHPian

Went to survey TVs today but ended up buying one within an hour. Got a Philips 42PFL9703 TV for 56k from Croma. It has a 10 bit 1080p IPS panel, 100Hz Scan, Philips' top of the line Pixel Perfect HD processor and is made in the EU not china. Looks very pretty to boot and has lots of calibration options.
Old 14th March 2010, 04:34   #3404
BHPian

congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Went to survey TVs today but ended up buying one within an hour. Got a Philips 42PFL9703 TV for 56k from Croma. It has a 10 bit 1080p IPS panel, 100Hz Scan, Philips' top of the line Pixel Perfect HD processor and is made in the EU not china. Looks very pretty to boot and has lots of calibration options.
Congratulations -- ROC -- do post pics and snaps of the TV once its installed. I did purchase a 42" LG PQ70 plasma 3 weeks back, but the irony is this :
the afternoon the tv landed and was installed and working at my home, the same evening I was shipped off to US and am yet to get back home. So the snaps will have to wait.
Old 14th March 2010, 20:48   #3405
BHPian

Congrats reignofchaos. You have indeed deviated from the oft-beaten track of Pana, Sammy and LG.

The subject model was rated highly when it was first introduced, the only distraction mentioned being some sort of motion artefact, negligible though. It cost a bomb when it was introduced. If it were available in Tata Croma on 01 Jan 2010, I would have bought it too with my eyes closed instead of LG.

That apart, somewhere in one of the forums, I read that these TVs are being offered at such low prices now since it is some sort of a clearance sale by Philips. They plan to discontinue or have already discontinued this model.

This need not dampen your enthusiasm however since such things do happen in Electronics faster than in any other technology. Enjoy the bird in hand. Philips products are normally well-built and trouble-free.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks