Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 18:28   #2836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
Is the 430 good at SD content also compared to the PV8?
I think it is better.
Old 4th August 2009, 17:57   #2837
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I am about to pick up the TV for my room within the next day. Croma and Vijay Sales have some nice sales happening in Mumbai, so I figured this would be the best time to pick it up. Just need final confirmation on whether this is a good price and choice from you guys. Like I mentioned in my earlier post, viewing distance would be between 5 to 7 feet and would be placed in my bedroom. Should I go for a reputed 26” from LG or Samsung or spend an extra 2K and get a VU 32” – A company that is essentially being marketed by erstwhile Akai / Aiwa etc guys a.k.a Zenith? So amongst the 4 choices below, which would you pick? Budget is 25K so I really don’t want to stretch for more expensive 32 inchers.
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-specs.jpg

Thanks!
vcash

Last edited by vcash : 4th August 2009 at 17:58.
Old 4th August 2009, 18:07   #2838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Hi Guys,
I am about to pick up the TV for my room within the next day. Croma and Vijay Sales have some nice sales happening in Mumbai, so I figured this would be the best time to pick it up. Just need final confirmation on whether this is a good price and choice from you guys. Like I mentioned in my earlier post, viewing distance would be between 5 to 7 feet and would be placed in my bedroom. Should I go for a reputed 26” from LG or Samsung or spend an extra 2K and get a VU 32” – A company that is essentially being marketed by erstwhile Akai / Aiwa etc guys a.k.a Zenith? So amongst the 4 choices below, which would you pick? Budget is 25K so I really don’t want to stretch for more expensive 32 inchers.
Attachment 169895

Thanks!
vcash
LG specs look good (on paper). Dont know how good their after sales is.

If I were you I wud stick to LG/Samsung!
Old 4th August 2009, 20:03   #2839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd_maverick View Post

Vu lcd's are VFM products, serviced by the vast network of zenith computers. its an californian brand and has done decently well in india.
A californian brand owned by Zenith . Californian is only on paper. They have decent quality panels but terrible electronics.
Old 4th August 2009, 22:08   #2840
Senior - BHPian

thanks jassi, btw any clue about the pricing of the G10? the hyd panny brandshop quoted it close to 1l, and said he will confirm in a few days, if thats the case the panny is out of the picture. they have no clue about the s10.

vcash: bargain more, the lg 26 incher is available for 22k here in hyd at the lg brandshop.
Old 5th August 2009, 01:06   #2841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
thanks jassi, btw any clue about the pricing of the G10? the hyd panny brandshop quoted it close to 1l, and said he will confirm in a few days, if thats the case the panny is out of the picture. they have no clue about the s10.
aah given that i bought the pv80 at 72k, i am not the best guy to ask about pricing I generally dont have the patience to hunt around or wait for prices to drop. The neopdp is fairly new, but there are loads of deals on pv80.
And yeah the dealer (forgetting the name) that all bhpians goto and buy pv80s for 45k must be the one who can give the best price. I am hoping someone else on this thread can help you with low pricing. the phone number of this dealer has been mentioned before on this thread and yes he ships to all locations
Old 5th August 2009, 02:18   #2842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

vcash: bargain more, the lg 26 incher is available for 22k here in hyd at the lg brandshop.
65K or so is a good price.
Old 5th August 2009, 12:01   #2843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
And yeah the dealer (forgetting the name) that all bhpians goto and buy pv80s for 45k must be the one who can give the best price. I am hoping someone else on this thread can help you with low pricing. the phone number of this dealer has been mentioned before on this thread and yes he ships to all locations

yup, will contact that person as a last resort, getting pv80 here also for the same rate, but since the g10 hasnt come to hyd yet, the confusion prevails!

Quote:
65K or so is a good price.
yup, this is the same price am hoping it will retail for, lets see
Old 5th August 2009, 14:33   #2844
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that information - I will check out LG exclusive shops as well.
Old 5th August 2009, 14:53   #2845
Senior - BHPian

Any idea about Dynamic Contrast Ratio and Response time? Some say that these are important while buying LCD.
Old 5th August 2009, 15:10   #2846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Any idea about Dynamic Contrast Ratio and Response time? Some say that these are important while buying LCD.
please tell me its some lcd salesman who told you dynamic contrast ratio is important! Its like pmpo which makes a lame audio system seem like it has a monstrous gazillion watts of sound output.
Old 6th August 2009, 23:24   #2847
BHPian

Best price for LG 32"

Can you please let me know what's the best price for the following two LG 32" models in Bangalore and in which shop.

32LH20 (HD ready, MRP: 38,000)
32LF20FR (Full HD, MRP: 42,000)

Which model do you recommend?

Last edited by arindamray : 6th August 2009 at 23:25. Reason: To remove [Font] tags
Old 7th August 2009, 18:33   #2848
BHPian

SAMSUNG 430 or PV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima;
I think it is better.
Hi Proxima , Can you also please confirm if your TV has PIP ( picture in picture)

Hi Jassi ,

I did ask about the contrast Ratio for both PV8 and SAMSUNG 430 but its not listed on the mannual / website.They only have Dynamic Contrast Ratio which is better in SAMSUNG

Can you shed some light on this. Please

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 7th August 2009 at 18:35.
Old 7th August 2009, 19:58   #2849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Hi Jassi ,

I did ask about the contrast Ratio for both PV8 and SAMSUNG 430 but its not listed on the mannual / website.They only have Dynamic Contrast Ratio which is better in SAMSUNG

Can you shed some light on this. Please
What is dynamic and native/static contrast ratio
WikiAnswers - What is the difference between contrast ratio and dynamic contrast ratio

for panasonic its stated on their website both dynamic and native
VIERA TH-42PV80D | Plasma TV | Digital AV | Panasonic India
VIERA TH-P42X10D | Plasma TV | Digital AV | Panasonic India
if samsung doesn't state this for a plasma of all things, then they maybe upto something. Contrast ratios (static or native) are a strength of plasmas and LCDs are pathetic at the same (hence they use dynamic contrast ratios for marketing)
if samsung is not stating
Old 7th August 2009, 23:55   #2850
Senior - BHPian

I needed a TV for short term use until i move in to my new home and buy a bigger tv. I went and bought the new Benq SE2231 Monitor TV. BenQ India - Consumer Electronics. It fits my needs. Later i am either going to use it as PC monitor or second tv.

I bought from Benq distributor General Electronics in Hyderabad and paid Rs.15,500. I also got a DTH package for free. This includes the DTH box(TataSky or Airtel or Sun), free installation and 6 months basic package.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks