Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2015, 14:09   #4366
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Yes, have noticed the same. Also, anyone with an idea how to track Singapore Post - once it has reached Indian shores? I am not able to track after this.
https://www.17track.net/en

I use it to track every parcel, Give it a shot.
Old 4th December 2015, 23:59   #4367
Team-BHP Support

What's with Amazon.in and their rationing of product quantity? I wanted to order 3 routers, they say no. I simply went to flipkart and ordered 3 items of the same without any problem at the same price.
Old 5th December 2015, 08:25   #4368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
What's with Amazon.in and their rationing of product quantity? I wanted to order 3 routers, they say no. I simply went to flipkart and ordered 3 items of the same without any problem at the same price.
I've often assumed that its to prevent profiteering and hoarding. The MRP sticker is often a higher price than what Amazon sell it for (even when its not discounted in a sale), so they wouldn't want people reselling these for profit.

Granted, you could buy more across multiple orders, but that might result in a red flag being raised at a later point against your account.

Quoting from http://www.amazon.in/gp/help/custome...eId=200545530:
Quote:
Note: We strive to provide customers with great prices, and sometimes that means we limit quantity to ensure that the majority of customers have an opportunity to order products that have very low prices or a limited supply. We may also adjust your quantity in checkout to reflect your recent purchases of a quantity-limited item.
Old 5th December 2015, 08:53   #4369
Distinguished - BHPian

Is amazon delivering in Chennai these (wet) days?
Old 5th December 2015, 09:30   #4370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
https://www.17track.net/en

I use it to track every parcel, Give it a shot.
Yes, have used that in the past and doesn't track some numbers. Thankfully I received this item 2 days back.
Old 5th December 2015, 09:53   #4371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Sale items are restricted to qty 1; I've been frustrated by this at times. Non-sale items are restricted in quantity if they are high-demand items.

Flipkart is almost always higher than Amz; surprised you got the item for the same price.
Old 5th December 2015, 10:27   #4372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
My orders are pending now for 4 days, unlike earlier when I used to get them in one or two days on average. It must be difficult for anyone to consider working as most chennaiites need to rebuild their own lives!
Old 5th December 2015, 19:55   #4373
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks.
I really don't envy couriers job in these conditions so no complaints from me.
... But I lost my phone in the flood.
Old 11th December 2015, 00:45   #4374
BHPian

Quote:
Ordered a satchel on Nov 30. The web site said they will deliver by Dec 9. Now it says Dec 12. The status says dispatched and in transit. Dispatch was from Kolkata; it must probably be sitting in some warehouse as the Chennai airport is closed for some days.
Old 11th December 2015, 09:31   #4375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Per Amazon:
Due to inclement weather conditions, deliveries to areas in Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Andaman and Andhra Pradesh have been temporarily suspended.

Now if you get a new phone, please get one with a fingerprint sensor, and not one without it. Far more secure and hasslefree.
Old 13th December 2015, 14:05   #4376
Senior - BHPian

had a strange experience with an amazon fulfilled order. was pending for dispatch for 2 days. contacted customer care who spent 10 mins with me and confirmed that it is being shipped from the mumbai warehouse and apologised for the delay. said thanks.

30mins after that, i get a mail from amazon saying the order is cancelled and amount is being refunded.

Sigh.
Old 13th December 2015, 18:05   #4377
BHPian

Most portals are not shipping to chennai. Flipkart, Ebay, paytm... My sisters house in Bangalore is piling with my stuff
Need to find an excuse to travel to Bangalore and fetch all my stuff...
Old 13th December 2015, 18:10   #4378
Senior - BHPian

What is the problem in shipping to Chennai now? I too tried Flipkart for a few items, finally ended up buying from the friendly neighborhood store.
Old 13th December 2015, 21:41   #4379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
What is the problem in shipping to Chennai now?
There could be fraudulent claims of damaged goods I think as one reason for not shipping to chennai at this point in time. I imagine a lot of warehouses along the river would have been swept away of their goods and even if some escaped, in all likelihood the folks would use this as an excuse to exaggerate their losses...
Old 13th December 2015, 22:45   #4380
BHPian

Amazon has blocked my friend's Account, citing abuse of Amazon Policies. When enquired about what are the Policies which were abused, there's no reply from Amazon. They've asked to appeal, but there's no such system with the Company.

As far as the affected person is concerned, he has returned 2 Mobile Phones in a span of about 3 months. In both the cases, the items were defective, so the manufacturer has asked them to be returned. But Amazon is not ready to listen.

Has anyone faced such problems with Amazon? In fact, the problem with Amazon is that they don't have the policy of replacement. So, even If the Customer asks for a replacement, he/she is asked to return the item and place a fresh order. In this scenario, who is to be blamed.

And here in this situation, the manufacturer has advised to return their product, then what's the point being raised by the Market place?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks