Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2020, 19:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: 2.7 lakh dispute with Tata Cliq

This is really disappointing and unbelievable. A reputed brand like Tata Cliq allowing this to happen is really impossible unless one of its employee played foul. I have bought 3 ACs and just 2 months back i bought a bosch washer dryer from Tata Cliq. My experience with them was phenomenal. Customer service, sales experience was all great. I hope you get a resolution quickly.
amit_mechengg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 19:34   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikalp View Post
Please can somebody tell what should I do further to get my money back? I would be highly obliged.
I understand it's not easy for you to calm down, because it is your money at stake, and a really large amount. But, you do need to take it easy. You have the unboxing video, and that is your trump card.

That said, given that you have that video and complained right away, I am very disappointed that Tata Cliq is taking this long to get this sorted for you. They probably need to conduct some investigation on who messed up but since you have the proof, they should have resolved this for you first (refund/ replacement) and then gone about finding blame. I know Amazon isn't spotless but they're far better in such cases. We (yep, Tata too) have a long way to go when it comes to customer satisfaction/support/delight.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 19:38   #18
BANNED

I was on verge of buying Garmin Fenix6x Sapphire at 77k from Tata Cliq but cancelled the cart and went with Amazon at 85k owing to fear of what if . Hope you get your money back.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 19:46   #19
BHPian

Hi Vikalp,
Sad to hear the harrowing experience you are going through.
Just keep your cool and stay strong for the long haul of justice.
Though the wheels of justice roll slowly in India, you will get justice.

I can relate to your experience since I too had a similar experience with Flipkart although for a lesser value.
It took quite some time for Flipkart to acknowledge the problem and much longer to get a full refund.
During this long process, I could get hold of one sensible guy (who in my experience in dealing with him demonstrated qualities that were different from his irresponsible employer Flipkart).
He stayed in touch with me almost everyday and it was very reassuring.
See if you can get hold of someone like this.

Finally I cannot imagine that this has happened in TataCliq.

Try to remain calm and have lots of patience, surely you will get your money back.
Habanero City is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 22:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

File a consumer complaint in the District Consumer Court.

Send a notice to Tata Cliq stating your desire to proceed to the consumer forum if the issue is not addressed.

If they do not revert proceed with filing your complaint and attach the necessary bills/vouchers/bank transactions/copy of notice. The complaint needs to be accompanied by an affidavit.

A complaint can be filed in person or online.

If you really want to make their life miserable, file an FIR for cheating, criminal breach of trust and forgery and name the directors and day to day in charge of operations.

Send them a legal notice and if they do not respond to the legal notice approach the magistrate requesting for registration of the FIR. Alternatively, if you know the local cops ask them to file an FIR directly.

And never ever buy something of such high value online in India. Always head to the local brick and mortar stores because that way you ll always have a face and a collar to hold on to incase things go south.
bigron is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 23:49   #21
BHPian

Vikas Purohit is the CEO of Tata Cliq, so I would suggest you pepper him on his social media handles retweeting what you have done already and sending him a link to this thread:

1) Vikas Purohit Twitter
2) Vikas Purohit LinkedIn

If anyone has his email ID then I have always found that emailing the CEO directly almost always guarantees a resolution. You could try variations of the following hoping it goes through to him:

vikaspurohit@tatacliq.com
vikas.purohit@tatacliq.com
vikasp@tatacliq.com
vpurohit@tatacliq.com

Interestingly his LinkedIn handle seems to have posts with him interacting with customers for a refund and seems to have been sorted out in most cases.

Don't feel too disheartened, am sure this will get sorted out, just be patient.
s4ch is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 01:11   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisailendra View Post
I totally understand how it feels to be cheated. I've recently bought a used Intel core i7 processor for 7.5k on OLX and the person cheated me. The processor was non functional and the person did not lift my call later. I was very annoyed with that incident. I tried selling the processor on OLX, but mentioned every buyer that it had issues. Well, I didn't want to be a cheat and so ended up keeping a useless processor and giving my long time savings to some idiot. But with time, I slowly got over it. Took more than a month to get over the fact that I just handed over 7.5k to someone for nothing. I can imagine how it feels to lose something in Lakhs.
Sir, thank you for the kind words. Sorry about the OLX scam, I couldn't imagine how such people would be able to sleep at night.
I am trying to cope with it and looking for anything that could be done to gather their attention at this point of time. I have got hold of the mail of Tata Cliq's CEO and will send him an email right away.
Thanks to the fantastic TBHP community, I am sure I'd be able to get my money back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
oh man. really sorry to hear this. could this dastardly deed be done by the delhivery team somewhere down the line?
Sir, I don't know, anything could be possible. But this was Tata Cliq's responsibility to investigate and find the culprit. But given their automated messages to my every question, I doubt that they are doing anything of use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
First up, just relax. Sure this might be a substantial blow to your finances but trust me, everyone goes through such losses at some point or the other. But you cannot let this one negative experience mess up your head.

It's not over yet. You are doing all the right things. Try a few more which people have suggested here. I am sure you will be able to recover the amount, given you have all the evidence of the fraud with you.

Lastly, discuss this within your family if you haven't done this already. You don't need to go through this alone. Having someone you can discuss or talk to always helps.
Sir, thanks for the kind words. You are right, I haven't told about this to anyone in the family. They were so excited seeing the package, luckily I somehow managed to do the unboxing all alone. I have told them that the company has mistakenly sent me a different model of the laptop and will be coming in some days to pick it up back and deliver the correct one. Can't imagine seeing them disheartened.. Of course with each passing day they'd get suspicious. I just hope all of this mess gets sorted out before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Dear Vikalp, you have already done the right things!
In addition I would suggest the following
a) visit your local police station, and check if you can lodge a FIR or atleast a written complaint.
b) Keep the media attention up(like the twitter post/ this TBHP post etc.), also try writing to your local news paper. You never know which channel wakes up the right persons.
Thank you sir. I was thinking to lodge an e-FIR, since going to the police station is of no use, I know they won;t file the FIR. Thinking to lodge an e-FIR instead.
Will also try to get hold of any local newspapers or channels.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
I was on verge of buying Garmin Fenix6x Sapphire at 77k from Tata Cliq but cancelled the cart and went with Amazon at 85k owing to fear of what if . Hope you get your money back.
Sir, rightly done. I wouldn't suggest Tata Cliq anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Hi Vikalp,
Sad to hear the harrowing experience you are going through.
Just keep your cool and stay strong for the long haul of justice.
Though the wheels of justice roll slowly in India, you will get justice.
Thank you sir, so far the people from Tata Cliq I have come across are only sending the automated replies. I just hope to get hold of someone sensible enough to understand my ordeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
File a consumer complaint in the District Consumer Court.

Send a notice to Tata Cliq stating your desire to proceed to the consumer forum if the issue is not addressed.

And never ever buy something of such high value online in India. Always head to the local brick and mortar stores because that way you ll always have a face and a collar to hold on to incase things go south.
Thank you so much sir for all the points. This will definitely help.
Also, I realize this was a big mistake on my part doing such high valued transaction online, but being backed by Tata brand, I thought they were free of scam, got to know the reality in the most brutal way possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Vikas Purohit is the CEO of Tata Cliq, so I would suggest you pepper him on his social media handles retweeting what you have done already and sending him a link to this thread:

1) Vikas Purohit Twitter
2) Vikas Purohit LinkedIn

If anyone has his email ID then I have always found that emailing the CEO directly almost always guarantees a resolution. You could try variations of the following hoping it goes through to him:

Interestingly his LinkedIn handle seems to have posts with him interacting with customers for a refund and seems to have been sorted out in most cases.

Don't feel too disheartened, am sure this will get sorted out, just be patient.
Sir, thanks for the suggestions, I managed to get hold of the CEO's email. Will send him an email and update here of the results.

Last edited by Sheel : 17th November 2020 at 08:46. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Vikalp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 01:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

Vikalp, so saddened to hear of your experience. Hang in there my friend, don’t lose hope and keep fighting.

One thing to add to all the superb pointers by our team, please find Mr. Ratan Tata’s contact details on Twitter and wherever else, write to him of your heartbreaking experience (with as much documentation as possible) due to fraud committed somewhere in the chain while dealing with Tata Cliq.

He has retired but if he is made aware of something like this happening with the Tata brand, he will intervene and you will get justice.

All the best Vikalp!

Last edited by Cyborg : 17th November 2020 at 01:34.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 06:49   #24
BHPian

Did you try registering consumer redressal online.

Link

The portal has also has Apps that can be used to register a complaint and track. Not sure though how effective they are. Going by comments, of the three apps cited, I think the “Consumer App” has some positive outcomes. If nothing works, you should probably hire a lawyer.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 17th November 2020 at 07:10. Reason: Link added
Thermodynamics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 08:03   #25
Team-BHP Support

Very sorry to hear of your situation.

I want to just highlight one common aspect in a recent experience I had. The reason is the common courier partner in each of our cases - Delhivery.

I ordered TWO helmet hangers from a stand-alone but well known retailer. When I opened the package it had only one hanger. When I inquired with the retailer they informed me that they only pack one hanger in one box and they had in fact sent two boxes although I was delivered only one. They said they will take it up with their courier partner but promised that they will anyway send me my second hanger right away, apologising for the inconvenience. (Good on them but that is the least I expect from a credible retailer).

My point is - assuming they are right and they did indeed dispatch two boxes, how is it that I received only one. I am also wondering if Delhivery as a courier setup is exposed to some incompetence of dishonesty within its network. In my case, it could be either since I simply did not receive one box. In your case however it has to be active fraud since you got a dummy item. And that would be either from the original seller (more likely I feel) or could potentially be from the delivery partner.

As a general matter, I would be very careful about expensive purchases and would personally only trust Amazon because as a platform they ought to have suitable buyer protection programs. Even then I would look at seller profile, check for Amazon certifications on seller status etc. someone who's basically got lots of reviews and strong reviews at that.

Good luck having this redressed. It is unfortunate that as a platform Tata cliq is not being more efficient and proactive about this. Hope it resolves for you soon. 2.7 lakh is a LOT of money.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 08:58   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Sir, thanks for the suggestions, I managed to get hold of the CEO's email. Will send him an email and update here of the results.
That should do the trick. My experiences of getting resolution for consumer grieviances has always worked when I reach to the top - done this with Reliance broadband and PayU. Be cordial and factual (with proofs, etc) please - helps with such a senior audience.

On a side note, why is your unboxing video broken up into two parts/videos? Wouldn't it been better as one combined video, considering the break is at the crucial point of the seals being broken in the first video and the opening of the package is in the second video?

I'm second guessing here what the folks at @TataCliQ are doing - but maybe this might be a point of validation/checks they would be doing or questioning at their end. (On a very remote angle) It might help if you share the full/combined video (if possible) with the CEO along with the other proofs.

Edit: Seems like Vikas/CEO is quite active on LinkedIn too - he's definitely given attention and replied to consumer grievance posts like these. If not attempted already, you should try that too.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 17th November 2020 at 09:09.
ninjatalli is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 09:23   #27
BHPian

I understand your situation which does make one really depressed. But that's not Tata Cliq exclusive though. I have bought Apple pencil from them 9 months ago which works like a charm and they had the lowest price with good discount schemes.

Once my cousin returned a phone on Flipkart but the money wasn't refunded. Flipkart said they sent it to the bank but it wasn't reflected and bank denied of any such deposit.

That being said since you have the proof you do not have to become suicidal as the price of your life isn't Rs. 2.5 lakh!

You can get a resolution. It will take time. But it will come. Just think about the car owners who had to wait almost a decade to get refunds.

All the best. Don't give up. I know it's easier said than done but that's what the right way to do is.

Last edited by RavSam : 17th November 2020 at 09:25.
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 10:37   #28
BHPian

1) Post the link to the unboxing videos here, enable comments on it & Un-mute it so it paints a fair picture of your scenario.

2) tell us why was there a cut before you opened the seal.

3) Tell your family. Since you've posted comments on your emotional and mental state, you absolutely have the duty to tell your family. They'll understand, especially parents.

4) Make it formal, i.e. go to a lawyer, draft a notice & send it. Either way with how Tata Cliq reacts, file a petition with the consumer forum after 2 weeks.

5) Your lawyer can tell you what you're entitled as remedy & allowed to claim as damages. Almost all companies sell under the condition that their total liability is limited to product value.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 17th November 2020 at 10:39.
WorkingGuru is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 11:38   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am scared to death and on the verge of mental breakdown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
Well if you have recorded the unboxing video, just file a case at your nearest Consumer Court.!
Quote:
I managed to get hold of the CEO's email. Will send him an email and update here of the results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
1) Post the link to the unboxing videos here..Almost all companies sell under the condition that their total liability is limited to the product value.
I second the ideas WorkingGuru has stated. In addition to this...

1. Like my son would tell me, "Take a chill pill". A laptop or any material item is not worth getting stressed over. This will resolve itself.

2. Any response from Vikas Purohit?

3. Also email Tata Intl. MD Noel Naval Tata (he was ex-MD of Trent before being promoted to Tata Intl. and is a Board member of the Retailers Association of India) and Tata Group CEO Natrajan Chandrasekaran aka Chandra.
Noel's email ID is nntata@tata.com
Chandra's email ID is nchandra@tata.com

Please keep posting updates here, it will help keep the thread current.

Last edited by navin : 17th November 2020 at 11:42.
navin is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 12:21   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Vikalp, so saddened to hear of your experience. Hang in there my friend, don’t lose hope and keep fighting.

One thing to add to all the superb pointers by our team, please find Mr. Ratan Tata’s contact details on Twitter and wherever else, write to him of your heartbreaking experience (with as much documentation as possible) due to fraud committed somewhere in the chain while dealing with Tata Cliq.

He has retired but if he is made aware of something like this happening with the Tata brand, he will intervene and you will get justice.

All the best Vikalp!
Thanks sir, I had tagged Mr. Ratan Tata twice at the twitter post, but I don't think he'd notice a tag among thousands he must have received daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Did you try registering consumer redressal online.

Link

The portal has also has Apps that can be used to register a complaint and track. Not sure though how effective they are. Going by comments, of the three apps cited, I think the “Consumer App” has some positive outcomes. If nothing works, you should probably hire a lawyer.
Sir, already filed grievance at NCH on 11th November. So far the status is "In Process" and no progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Very sorry to hear of your situation.

I want to just highlight one common aspect in a recent experience I had. The reason is the common courier partner in each of our cases - Delhivery.

Good luck having this redressed. It is unfortunate that as a platform Tata cliq is not being more efficient and proactive about this. Hope it resolves for you soon. 2.7 lakh is a LOT of money.
I agree, I just hope Tata Cliq is actually doing an investigation at the Delhivery angle. It shouldn't be hard to get hold of all the people who would have handled the package from shipping time to the delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
You can get a resolution. It will take time. But it will come. Just think about the car owners who had to wait almost a decade to get refunds.

All the best. Don't give up. I know it's easier said than done but that's what the right way to do is.
Thank you, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
On a side note, why is your unboxing video broken up into two parts/videos? Wouldn't it been better as one combined video, considering the break is at the crucial point of the seals being broken in the first video and the opening of the package is in the second video?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
1) Post the link to the unboxing videos here, enable comments on it & Un-mute it so it paints a fair picture of your scenario.

2) tell us why was there a cut before you opened the seal.

3) Tell your family. Since you've posted comments on your emotional and mental state, you absolutely have the duty to tell your family. They'll understand, especially parents.

4) Make it formal, i.e. go to a lawyer, draft a notice & send it. Either way with how Tata Cliq reacts, file a petition with the consumer forum after 2 weeks.

5) Your lawyer can tell you what you're entitled as remedy & allowed to claim as damages. Almost all companies sell under the condition that their total liability is limited to product value.
I had stopped the video for taking the still images of the tags and the overall package. After taking the still images I proceeded to open the original packaging. If you see the first video at 4:56 mark you can see the condition of the seal and can compare the same with the second video.
I have enabled the comments on the video, since I cannot edit the original post, I will add the link to the videos in a separate post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I second the ideas WorkingGuru has stated. In addition to this...

1. Like my son would tell me, "Take a chill pill". A laptop or any material item is not worth getting stressed over. This will resolve itself.

2. Any response from Vikas Purohit?

3. Also email Tata Intl. MD Noel Naval Tata (he was ex-MD of Trent before being promoted to Tata Intl. and is a Board member of the Retailers Association of India) and Tata Group CEO Natrajan Chandrasekaran aka Chandra.
Noel's email ID is nntata@tata.com
Chandra's email ID is nchandra@tata.com

Please keep posting updates here, it will help keep the thread current.
Thank you sir, will mail Mr. Noel Naval Tata as well. So far haven't received any reply from Mr. Purohit.
Vikalp is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks