Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2020, 18:28   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: 2.7 lakh dispute with Tata Cliq

The packing itself looks horrible. Loose tapes and something like repacked items. Not sure what takes so much time for either Tata Cliq or seller to arrive at a conclusion. I have never done an unboxing video. Not sure what if something like this happens

Last edited by srishiva : 17th November 2020 at 18:30.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 19:54   #47
BHPian

Hope this ends well for the OP. In my experience of buying online, thankfully I haven't encountered these kind of soap bar surprises. However, whenever I made an unboxing video, I made sure that the video is "one continuous clip untill box is fully open". In this case video has been broken into two parts - unboxing the box and opening the box. If at all a lawyer wants to find loopholes, he can claim that OP has opened the box in between the videos and then glued back the sealing tape carefully to take second video. Just playing the devils advocate here. My advice is to take one complete clip of unboxing - don't break it in between.
deetee is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 20:31   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
Please visit this website: http://consumerhelpline.gov.in/

Call the helpline mentioned.

They will help.

I have faced this exact same situation. With the very first 25k I earned in my life back in 2008. I had bought a Panasonic FZ 28 camera from eBay.com from a Singapore based seller and received a bunch of magazines instead. Turns out it was stolen en route at Kolkata.

It all worked out alright in a couple of months when I bought the same camera from a brick and mortar store.

Call the helpline within their working hours.

TOLL FREE
1800114000 OR 14404

They will tell you exactly what to do.
Thank you, I have already registered a grievance with NCH, will also call them tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
Hope this ends well for the OP. In my experience of buying online, thankfully I haven't encountered these kind of soap bar surprises. However, whenever I made an unboxing video, I made sure that the video is "one continuous clip untill box is fully open". In this case video has been broken into two parts - unboxing the box and opening the box. If at all a lawyer wants to find loopholes, he can claim that OP has opened the box in between the videos and then glued back the sealing tape carefully to take second video. Just playing the devils advocate here. My advice is to take one complete clip of unboxing - don't break it in between.
Sir, I know this is a mistake on my part, I stopped the video to take still images and uploaded the videos as it is. But if you look, the tampered seal is visible in the first video itself.
Old 17th November 2020, 20:38   #49
BHPian

Someone I know had bought a Maserati watch from Tata Cliq for 28k. Turned out after few days of use, the watch turned out to be a duplicate as the strap leather started fading away after a week’s use and metal also lost its shine in a week’s time. That friend has written plenty of emails and made calls but still havent got satisfactory response. He is still chasing after them after 2 months of purchasing the watch.
speedfreak01 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 20:43   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
Someone I know had bought a Maserati watch from Tata Cliq for 28k. Turned out after few days of use, the watch turned out to be a duplicate as the strap leather started fading away after a week’s use and metal also lost its shine in a week’s time. That friend has written plenty of emails and made calls but still havent got satisfactory response. He is still chasing after them after 2 months of purchasing the watch.
Mouthshut.com has similar reviews about Tata Cliq - https://www.mouthshut.com/product-re...iews-925864671

Wish I had researched about it earlier.
Old 17th November 2020, 20:50   #51
BHPian

Just guessing here.

The ASUS logo tape kind of makes the courier company out if the suspect list.

Having just one tape would make me really suspicious.

Also, if they wanted to cheat then why to put a Vaio laptop inside! Why not just plain rubbish? Can that laptop be traced to the owner by Sony?
RavSam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 21:01   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Just guessing here.

The ASUS logo tape kind of makes the courier company out if the suspect list.

Having just one tape would make me really suspicious.

Also, if they wanted to cheat then why to put a Vaio laptop inside! Why not just plain rubbish? Can that laptop be traced to the owner by Sony?
This is the condition of the back side of the laptop, even teh bar code and the serial number are completely brushed off. Can the owner be traced using the Windows Product key?
Attached Thumbnails
2.7 lakh dispute with Tata Cliq-20201117_122848.jpg  

Vikalp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 21:05   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikalp View Post
This is the condition of the back side of the laptop, even teh bar code and the serial number are completely brushed off. Can the owner be traced using the Windows Product key?
I guess the product key can't be transferred from one person to the other so may be that's worth a shot even if a bit difficult. Why difficult? Because it's the Millennium edition! 20 years old already.

And what if this laptop was not sold in India?

Also, I think they do have video evidence when packing a product. When I sent back my sandals on Amazon, they had the video evidence of the fault in sandals during packing it. That may help too.

Last edited by RavSam : 17th November 2020 at 21:08.
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 22:48   #54
Senior - BHPian

I had two deliveries from Amazon, back to back, from Cloudtail. One was Arielmatic Liquid which arrived in a massive carton box - but completely empty inside (The bottle). And the other was a book I'd ordered; No Filter: The Instagram story. Was horrified to see 7th standard question and answer papers inside. Felt like a fool and thoroughly humiliated. Blasted them left, right and center. And these are 'low value' items. The perpetrators put 'raddi' inside to achieve this effect on victims. Just for laughs, I guess. My money has been refunded after numerous calls, and follow ups. And I trusted Amazon to do that, but Tata Cliq is a different story altogether. Even Flipkart doesn't refund as promptly as Amazon. I was really pained to see this video. And pray that justice prevails.

Last edited by Sebring : 17th November 2020 at 22:59.
Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 22:48   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
If at all a lawyer wants to find loopholes, he can claim that OP has opened the box in between the videos and then glued back the sealing tape carefully to take second video.
Unfortunately a lawyer can point to a pause/join also at 4:42 in the first video. :(

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 17th November 2020 at 23:03.
mukeshgoel is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 23:26   #56
BHPian

Isn't it shocking that a customer has to video record the process of opening a package in India? How did the trust factor grt so low in Indian businesses?

It is equally shocking that so far Tata Cliq has just escalated this gentleman's case through one level. An incident like this should make them jump up and address it. The negative PR from this thread itself is worth more than the 2 lakh they're refusing to refund. I trusted them and had a good experience with small items earlier, and would never buy from them again. If everyone on this thread refuses to buy from them it is a loss worth at least 5 times the amount of the laptop in customer lifetime value.

Last edited by Cessna182 : 17th November 2020 at 23:27.
Cessna182 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 23:32   #57
BHPian

Whoa !!! That surely does not looks like a laptop packaging.
I would suggest to wait for the consumer forum to work on this and contact the vendor. In my case they have definitely provided the results though my case was related to real estate category.

But on a lighter and different note please avoid buying such high value items online and that too anything other than Amazon / Flipkart.
Old 18th November 2020, 00:02   #58
BHPian

Prima facie, after having watched the 2 videos posted, I find no compelling reason to believe the 'unboxing' video was really an unboxing video. Because of several reasons. The most obvious one being that it is not continuous. Even more obvious is the glaring skip in the first video. The Asus box was taken out of the TataCliq packaging. Then the video goes off. Then a new video starts. Who knows what happened in between? Just looking at it from a neutral perspective gives me no reason to believe the OP.

If you need to prove a point, you need better evidence than these 2 unboxing videos. At this point, if I were on the other side, I only see someone trying to pull a fast one. Need more proof.

And why are the videos silent?

Last edited by SCORPION : 18th November 2020 at 00:23.
SCORPION is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 00:23   #59
BHPian

The top questions on my head are these
Why were you making a 2 part detailed unboxing video zoomed in on cutting the packaging tape?

If it were me, i would trust the retailer, I would be too eager to see my new laptop, and not bother filming or opening the package slowly.

How are you not freaking out after seeing an old laptop? I would have run out to get parents, friends, siblings to witness this unbelievable scenario.

If you were scammed indeed, please don't be too hard on yourself. And, buying a laptop is not a once in a lifetime event or investment. In 2 to 4 years games will require more resources and you will want a new one.

Last edited by GutsyGibbon : 18th November 2020 at 00:27.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 00:52   #60
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
Prima facie, after having watched the 2 videos posted, I find no compelling reason to believe the 'unboxing' video was really an unboxing video. Because of several reasons. The most obvious one being that it is not continuous. Even more obvious is the glaring skip in the first video. The Asus box was taken out of the TataCliq packaging. Then the video goes off. Then a new video starts. Who knows what happened in between? Just looking at it from a neutral perspective gives me no reason to believe the OP.

If you need to prove a point, you need better evidence than these 2 unboxing videos. At this point, if I were on the other side, I only see someone trying to pull a fast one. Need more proof.

And why are the videos silent?
Didn't notice that until you pointed out, yes you are right the first video itself is not continuous.

Secondly on closer look the sticker position in the first video and second video itself there is a variation. In the first on the letter "S" as seen in arrow mark doesn't match the same place on the second video. The sticker residue seen on the second video doesn't match the one in the first video
Attached Thumbnails
2.7 lakh dispute with Tata Cliq-scrshot1png.png  

Last edited by aim120 : 18th November 2020 at 00:54.
aim120 is offline   (34) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks