Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2020, 10:32   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: 2.7 lakh dispute with Tata Cliq

If police/investigating agencies want, they can very well find the owner of the old Vaio and current user of this new 2.7L laptop.

I am sure Tatacliq can provide them laptop wireless lan / RJ45 MAC-ID (unless this laptop was connected through external usb wifi dongle).

I am also sure MAC-ID of the old VAIO laptop can be find out even if the laptop can't be turned on and police/investigating agencies can very well check from which IP address internet was connected through these MAC-IDs.

Windows key of new/old laptop can also be useful.

BUT, I doubt police/investigating agencies will do this much effort for a small (for them) case like his.
mukeshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 10:40   #77
BHPian

This is scary

Even I went through the similar experience recently with Flipkart on Diwali sale for the purchase of ~50K, but thankfully it was resolved and got my money back. I ordered a mobile and at least same model was deliveredin the box, though it was used and not new. Got replacement but again similar used phone had been received. I haven't made unboxing video first time but for replacement I learned my lesson and did a careful unboxing video. Detail in below thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post4933318 (Amazon vs Flipkart - Which do you prefer & why?)

There are enough suggestions here on next step. Hope you'll get your money back.

Regards
SE
speed_edge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 10:45   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

There are a lot of points that are questionable from a armchair analysis perspective - which is what most of us are doing.

The way I look at it -

- The seller is a 3rd party, not Tata CliQ. The video shows the seller as "Pacific Systems & Services", an Indore based company (website)
- Tata CliQ is just the middle-man, an ecommerce portal enabling the transaction. They are as responsible as Delhivery is for the issue resolution at hand - which is minimal
- As pointed out by the OP, the delivery happened on 7th Nov. The shipping date in the 1st video grab shows 3rd Nov, so that's sorted. However the twitter posts by @OP, the video uploads on Youtube and all social media updates seem to happen only from 11th. What happened from 7th to 11th?
- The unboxing video unfortunately is not a single non-stop video, and breaks at the critical moment when the seals were broken (or are to be broken). The quality of the seal itself is questionable as seen in the video. Also no audio and the lack of a reaction while filming raises a lot of red flags.

-----------------------

All ye throwing dirt at the OP or at Tata Cliq - please understand there are three parties (not including Delhivery) - the 3rd party seller, the online portal/TataCliQ and OP. Tata CliQ can be more or less ruled out - unfortunately they have their brand image to lose so hence they will be dragged on. But if you are retweeting OP's tweets or questioning the company's values, please understand they are not the one at at fault here.

The question is who is at fault - OP or the seller. Don't think we'll get an answer to that. Also given the payment wasn't done via credit card, the liability for now is all on OP. He's got a very shaky ground and just consumer complaint portals and online forums (like team-bhp) to make noise, hoping there's some resolution.
ninjatalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 10:53   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikalp View Post

I had also recorded the unboxing video of the parcel and sent them the very first day but still I don't see any positive reply from them and I am scared to death and on the verge of mental breakdown. Being backed by Tata brand I though it would be free of scams and that's why went for such high valued transaction online. I am very worried now.
Please maintain your composure. It's not end of world. I can feel your pain of losing hard earned money but let's not lose hope.

I went through the complete post and it was delightful to read different views of esteemed members and the learning's that one can take from this.

However, one particular view of few members stuck me: There was a question raised as to why OP has created an unboxing video since he is not a v-logger.

Let's not confuse the things since the word 'unboxing' has been used. The video might have been created out of curiosity or anxiety about things going wrong.

To cite a personal example, I also recorded the video of opening the package of my daughter's laptop.

The reason: Fear of something going wrong and then having an evidence of the same.

Also, the package was opened 2-3 days after delivery.

The laptop was ordered online from HP Store. So far, it is my costliest online purchase. The only reason I bought it online was the price difference of INR 4000/- between HP's brick/mortar store and online store. The brick/mortar store gave me cold shoulder when I showed them the online price. Generally, I prefer to buy high value items from brick/mortar stores.

Also, there was another view on OP not freaking out when he found a brick of the laptop in the package.

To this I would only say that each individual reacts differently to a situation. OP might have been able to maintain his composure or may be he was too shocked to react.

One suggestion for OP: Please try to resolve this amicably, the legal/court route might take ages since the case would start from District forum and can go up to Supreme Court. Surprisingly, a corporate would spend more money fighting a legal battle rather than making a customer happy and earning goodwill.
manchandap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 10:54   #80
BANNED

The whole video has fraud written all over it! Please don’t use a respectable forum like Team-bhp for such stunts. The way the OP has set this up is without an iota of doubt that he was expecting something to go wrong! Nobody will act as cool as a cucumber when faced with such a loss. Last week I got the new iPad Air 4 costing ₹80,000. I just gave the OTP and collected the courier and came home and opened it. I would have panicked like hell if something which costs as this laptop turned out like shown here, even though I can take a hit like that given my income. This thread should be closed until the OP gives substantial evidence and explain why he stopped the video abruptly before opening the Asus box. Don’t try to take everyone for a ride dude, we have seen enough summers. Classic attempt to con Tata Cliq.
The Rationalist is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 10:55   #81
BHPian

So if I am not always recording a video while unboxing an online ordered item and it comes out to be a fraud then I am screwed?

One HAS to have mobile phone with a good camera with crisp recording and HAS to have another person record it while unboxing.

Those asking about the "pause in the video" please tell me how on earth do you hold a camera recording with one hand and try to cut through the outer plastic packaging with scissor held with the other hand?

If I ALWAYS have to record it when unboxing then the seller should also ALWAYS videograph the packaging process as well as when delivering and stay with me till I unbox it in front of them. Both are ridiculous even if deemed necessary as a proof.
RavSam is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 10:58   #82
BHPian

My cousin recently lost around 1 lakh plus from tata cliq although in a different way. She did not get an item delivered on time and reached out to tata cliq on a number that she found in google search. The guys said they will revert her money back and said they would need some details. They made her install team viewer in her laptop ( yes..And to think she works in IT field) and got get otp also.
nettooran is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 11:02   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
- Ideally people do not make unboxing videos unless they are vloggers / into similar act
- The unboxing is without audio
- There is a break between two videos, why it was not a single video?
- Even the break is significant (25 minutes)
- If courier company / their staff switched it, they could have parked brick or soap, why a broken / non-functional laptop instead?

This can well be a forensic case study; I have doubt over the cliam made here.
Without commenting on the fact if the video in question is genuine or not, there is nothing strange about making an unboxing video of a product ordered online in todays time.

Things are not the same as they were few years ago when the e commerce boon happened where people rarely got faulty/broken or wrong products. And even if they got one, a simply return was good enough to have it sorted. People seriously misused this benefit before the ecommerce websites caught on and amended their return/refund policies. You can still return any product within 30 days on Amazon US and simply say you do not need the product or are not happy with it. It need not have a defect. NOT in India.

Almost everyone I know has now started making an unboxing video just in case there is a nasty surprise once the box is opened. You need proof because of the replacement/refund policies that the ecommerce websites now follow. If you are stuck with a new faulty phone, flipkart will actually ask you to head to the service center now and have it checked rather then a refund. They do replace only once but after a thorough scrutiny.

So you dont need to be a vlogger to film an unboxing today. How do you show that you received a defective product out of the box if you want to proceed legally. You statement without evidence holds little value? Its like having a dash cam. You hope you dont need it, but have it incase the need arises.

Secondly even I keep my audio off when making an unboxing video.
I just bough an LG phone on flipkart and going through the reviews people had I told my helper to hold the camera, switch the audio off and make an unboxing video. So I have proof if I get a used product. It is a known fact that ecommerce sites ship returned items as new to other customers.

If you are raising doubts on the authenticity of the video, it could be on the grounds of a break in video, tampered tape location in the two videos etc. But not because a video was made or it had no audio.

Lastly, it is inconsequential if the there is a soap bar, a brick or a broken old laptop inside the box. Elements of fraud and criminal breach of trust are attracted the minute it is different from the product ordered.

Now if the OP is a genuine victim or trying to pull a fast one on the ecommerce site, I wouldn't know sitting here.

Last edited by bigron : 18th November 2020 at 11:25.
bigron is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 11:22   #84
BHPian

Its quite normal to do unboxing video now a days. I've been buying online stuffs from baazee days. I had a bad experience like this(during 2000 or 2001) and from the moment i always do unboxing video(earlier used handycams).

Anyways, though OP's video had multiple part, but i do believe that OP received a package which is repacked before. The reason being, usually new box(either phone or laptop) will be having very tight fit. Sometimes, even if we repack using the original contents as it is, it will have very tight fit. But here in OP's case, in the first video at 4:35 timeframe, the box does not look like in original shape. Obviously this shows, the box contains something bigger than the actual content it can have.

Attached the screengrab from that.
Attached Images

smnrock is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 11:26   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Physical retail stores are the LAST bastion for consumer protection, I've never shopped online until today and I've never had to write online about fraud/deception.. there are some things in life that are just beyond change, since humankind's inherent nature is in cheating/cutting corners to get ahead, I for one will always laugh at online shopping.
Quoting dark.knight as I agree with his line of thought and doing it for all of my consumer electronics purchases.

Apart from being able to look and feel at the product as dark.knight mentioned,I have one more reason. If things turn out bad, I know the store where I can take the fight. Infact,I can rain hell over them if they try to pull a fast one on me.
Case in point: ordered a samsung fridge after checking out the features and getting a very good price. Salesman pulled a fast one by sending not only an older model but the one with a refurbished compressor. When samsung executive who came for demo confirmed my suspicion, the salesman had an unforgettable month. The manager had an unforgettable week and the shop lost license to sell Samsung products.

Second Case: liked a laptop while browsing but did not want to purchase online. Went to nearest Croma store. Gave them the model number and asked for demo. They got the demo piece from another branch. I ordered it. It was not in stock. I had to wait for 15 days. Upon arrival, store guys inspected and only then handed it over to me.

In OP's case: I don't the truth. But next buy from physical stores as much as possible for big ticket items
akhil_007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 11:31   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
It's more like

23hrs 34mns 39sec
00hrs 02mns 43sec

About 25 minutes.

It's normal for us to play devil's advocate under the given circumstances and find flaws in the posts. However given low quality of packaging and the pathetic condition of brown wrapper, I am not entirely convinced that there might be something amiss from OP's end.

However, these can wait and not so urgent. What is more important is, for you to be strong, focused and staying calm. We want to see resolution to this agony at the earliest.

However, the dates are there too in the name, 10th of November & 11th of November. That is still a gap of one day. This coupled with a silent video, such calmness even after seeing what has happened, breaks in videos. If this indeed is true, it might not be easy to prove it is.
Engine_Roars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 11:34   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Secondly even I keep my audio off when making an unboxing video.
I just bough an LG phone on flipkart and going through the reviews people had I told my helper to hold the camera, switch the audio off and make an unboxing video. So I have proof if I get a used product. It is a known fact that ecommerce sites ship returned items as new to other customers.
- Your decision to mute audio may not be universal truth / rule for everyone
- If you know, something wrong can happen and thus video was made as a safeguard, it is all the more a reason to be robust in collecting evidance and thus a clear video without break
- No explaination of what has happened between delivery date and unboxing?
- On request of Tata CLIQ for sharing the Sr. Number the SONY VIO delivered, OP says it has none

I will continue to have doubt unless proven otherwise.
i74js is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 11:41   #88

As you have done everything that needs to be done, follow up frequently. Never say anything like packaging was OK etc. Just say you received a damaged wrong product. As you have the unboxing video, you are in a strong position.

I have not done any shopping on Tata Cliq, I rely on Amazon. But if I am buying laptops online, I buy from the manufacturer directly. I had bought my Alienware laptop from Dell, did not get much discounts, but I was able to customize it and was sure I will get a genuine one. You can add the laptop to cart, then call up their customer service to help you assist in placing the order, they can give you some associate discounts ( tried and proven method with Dell for mine and few of my friends' Alienwares), it wont come anywhere near to the discounts offered in retailers though.
Old 18th November 2020, 11:42   #89
BHPian

Quote:
From OP's youtube link, there is a link to google drive which contains the video. It has audio capture as well.
smnrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 11:46   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- If you know, something wrong can happen and thus video was made as a safeguard, it is all the more a reason to be robust in collecting evidance and thus a clear video without break
- No explaination of what has happened between delivery date and unboxing?
- On request of Tata CLIQ for sharing the Sr. Number the SONY VIO delivered, OP says it has none

I will continue to have doubt unless proven otherwise.
-It was not meant to be a rule for anyone. It was said to explain that not having sound need not be detrimental. I personally have and know fellow lawyers who to have successfully argued consumer forum cases based on clear video evidence sans audio.
- The OP will give you 'explanation' if he deems it fit not me.
- You can have your doubts. I am not a party to the transaction so again not my place to address them.
bigron is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks