Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2020, 12:26   #31
BHPian

Just received a call from Ms. Meera Bhagwat from Tata Cliq, she asked me for the images of the product that I had received and also the Serial Number of the scrap SONY VAIO laptop., the laptop (if we could call that) is in such bad condition that even the serial number on the back side is worn off.
Have sent her images of whatever is visible there.

Also came across reviews about Tata Cliq and Ms. Meera Bhagwat here: https://www.mouthshut.com/review/Tat...ew-tusporlupno

Let's see.

---------------------------------

12:50 p.m. - Received a call from Delhivery courier head office asking whether I had filed a complaint and if the outer packaging had Tata Cliq tape or not and whether it was torn? I told him the Tata Cliq tape was there, he told me then its Tata Cliq's fault not ours. I told him to please contact the cliq and tell them the same.
Also asked to send him the unboxing videos.

Last edited by GTO : 18th November 2020 at 07:32. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Vikalp is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 13:06   #32
Team-BHP Support

re: 2.7 lakh dispute with Tata Cliq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikalp View Post
I told him it wasn't, he told me then its Tata Cliq's fault not ours. Also asked to send him the unboxing videos.
Just a suggestion: it is neither your responsibility nor accountability to judge whether it was tampered or not. Don't commit to it. Else, they'll conveniently use your word against you.

Let this be a fight between Cliq and Delhivery; you don't be the referee.
libranof1987 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 13:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Just a suggestion: it is neither your responsibility nor accountability to judge whether it was tampered or not. Don't commit to it. Else, they'll conveniently use your word against you.

Let this be a fight between Cliq and Delhivery; you don't be the referee.
Yes, I agree.

The actual conversation was: -

Him, "Tata Cliq ka tape laga tha ki nahin?"
Me, "Laga tha."
Him, "Tab to ye Tata Cliq ki galti hai hamari nahin."
Me, "To Tata Cliq ko batao."

Sorry if it sounded otherwise, edited the original post accordingly.
Old 17th November 2020, 13:19   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
12:50 p.m. - Received a call from Delhivery courier head office asking whether the outer packaging was tampered or not. I told him it wasn't, he told me then its Tata Cliq's fault not ours. Also asked to send him the unboxing videos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Just a suggestion: it is neither your responsibility nor accountability to judge whether it was tampered or not. Don't commit to it. Else, they'll conveniently use your word against you...
+1.

@Vikalp: Stick to facts you know, and let them ascertain the ones you have no way of knowing (the what, who, how and when of it).

Don't get drawn into opinions-based arguments.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 13:30   #35
Team-BHP Support

And please record all calls, if not doing already. You can declare this at the beginning of every conversation.
Eddy is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 13:34   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
And please record all calls, if not doing already. You can declare this at the beginning of every conversation.
Thanks, wasn't doing it. Will record every call from now on.
Vikalp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 13:44   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

- Can you please share the unboxing video here? You can share it via a YouTube upload.

- For big ticket items, open the box and then sign on the delivery receipt (or give OTPs).

- Better yet, buy your big ticket items in the store as I do - related thread (Your Online vs Offline shopping strategy).
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 14:00   #38
BHPian

I hope this ends well. I will tell you what ( i guess) must have happened in between the time you raised your complaint to now. Once you raise a complaint and considering the value, the blame game between Tata Cliq and the courier must have started (and is still continuing). To resolve the complaint , one party must yield and looks like neither is willing.

In general , when such complaints arise, any organization needs some introspection. Each product is marked with a serial number code and when one material is out for delivery, the code is scanned and entered into the relevant software system. All TATA has to do is verify their inventory to check if the code what you have received is from their inventory or not and if the physical and system stock numbers tallies.

Of course , all the above holds only when it goes out of a TATA cliq inventory. However , if TATA cliq ( like many ) has third party vendors using their website then it becomes highly complicated as inventory control would not have been done properly with unscrupulous vendors. Even then, its TATA cliq's responsibility as they are the front face to customer. However, as the devil is in details , when ordering an items, these e commerce sites generally make you "cliq" on some disclaimer where the fine print says that they don't have any liablity over third party claims. That pretty much complicates things for the buyer. So i hope this ends well for you.

Quote:
I am scared to death and on the verge of mental breakdown.
Don't be. All is well.

PS : I am not a big time e commerce user. So my knowledge on the subject may be limited.

Last edited by srini1785 : 17th November 2020 at 14:02.
srini1785 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 14:04   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
- Can you please share the unboxing video here? You can share it via a YouTube upload.

- For big ticket items, open the box and then sign on the delivery receipt (or give OTPs).

- Better yet, buy your big ticket items in the store as I do - related thread (Your Online vs Offline shopping strategy).
Unboxing videos:

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
I hope this ends well. I will tell you what ( i guess) must have happened in between the time you raised your complaint to now. Once you raise a complaint and considering the value, the blame game between Tata Cliq and the courier must have started (and is still continuing). To resolve the complaint , one party must yield and looks like neither is willing.

In general , when such complaints arise, any organization needs some introspection. Each product is marked with a serial number code and when one material is out for delivery, the code is scanned and entered into the relevant software system. All TATA has to do is verify their inventory to check if the code what you have received is from their inventory or not and if the physical and system stock numbers tallies.

Of course , all the above holds only when it goes out of a TATA cliq inventory. However , if TATA cliq ( like many ) has third party vendors using their website then it becomes highly complicated as inventory control would not have been done properly with unscrupulous vendors. Even then, its TATA cliq's responsibility as they are the front face to customer. However, as the devil is in details , when ordering an items, these e commerce sites generally make you "cliq" on some disclaimer where the fine print says that they don't have any liablity over third party claims. That pretty much complicates things for the buyer. So i hope this ends well for you.
Don't be. All is well.
PS : I am not a big time e commerce user. So my knowledge on the subject may be limited.
Sir, I hope this ends well indeed.
Vikalp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 14:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

Have you tried to call the seller - Pacific Systems ? you can google them and find their contact perhaps ?

While Tata Cliq is the marketplace, the actual seller and shipper would be accountable.

My 2 cents.
smsrini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 14:25   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Have you tried to call the seller - Pacific Systems ? you can google them and find their contact perhaps ?

While Tata Cliq is the marketplace, the actual seller and shipper would be accountable.

My 2 cents.
Sir, I had mailed them, but no reply so far. They are based in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
The outer package had the original invoice from them with their email address and the e-way bill copy.
Old 17th November 2020, 14:28   #42
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Damn! This was scary to watch, I ordered a laptop from Amazon during the sale and didn't do this unboxing video thing. Mine turned out perfect but experiences like yours make me think it's time to start recording unboxing for high ticket items.

I'm sure you will get your money back soon.

Edit: I was mistaken about Tata being the seller, it seems Cliq also allows third party vendors to sell. I was assuming this to be like an online Croma.

Last edited by AZT : 17th November 2020 at 14:31.
AZT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 16:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

Oh Man! That video was heartbreaking just to watch it.

Well the wheels are in motion and you are being contacted by the concerned representatives. Pray that the light at the end of the tunnel is close now.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 17:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

Holy !

It was gut wrenching to watch. And I could feel your anger and disappointment and anguish when you shut the lid and closed the box. Gosh ! I somehow have never done videos for high value online purchases and this is an eye opener.

I am quite sure this will get resolved and you’ll either get your full refund or the actual product you had ordered. It may take a while and till then , please don’t lose heart and keep pursuing it. I am sure Tata Cliq is trying to research from their end with the seller and with Delhivery.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 18:11   #45
BHPian

Please visit this website: http://consumerhelpline.gov.in/

Call the helpline mentioned.

They will help.

I have faced this exact same situation. With the very first 25k I earned in my life back in 2008. I had bought a Panasonic FZ 28 camera from eBay.com from a Singapore based seller and received a bunch of magazines instead. Turns out it was stolen en route at Kolkata.

It all worked out alright in a couple of months when I bought the same camera from a brick and mortar store.

Call the helpline within their working hours.

TOLL FREE
1800114000 OR 14404

They will tell you exactly what to do.

Last edited by antz.bin : 17th November 2020 at 18:13.
antz.bin is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks