Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2020, 13:16   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2.7 lakh dispute with Tata Cliq

Don’t think we should be playing amateur detective and blaming the OP here. If he has committed a fraud, the odds are high that it will be detected through a forensic analysis of his video evidence by either the cops or someone acting on behalf of the Seller / Marketplace / Courier company. On the other hand if he is telling the truth, we are doing him irreparable harm by alleging that he has committed fraud. I suspect that it should be possible to assess where the fraud has taken place with a through investigation. Am
sure that Tata Cliq will get to the bottom of this - and if they can’t, they will put processes in place to be able to do so in future.

It is indeed disconcerting when something like this happens - I order everything online - and have never had a major problem - except once when an independent book seller on Amazon sent me the wrong book (a children’s book instead of one on history). So don’t think we should worry too much about this being wide spread - let’s hope that’s suitable solution is found.
Hayek is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 13:16   #107
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
Secondly on closer look the sticker position in the first video and second video itself there is a variation. In the first on the letter "S" as seen in arrow mark doesn't match the same place on the second video. The sticker residue seen on the second video doesn't match the one in the first video
This was a good catch, I had missed this. I think OP posted above that he made the first video and since it looked alright stopped video. The time lag could be him losing his shit on seeing whats inside, gathering himself, sticking the tape back and then opening again with a new video.

I hope OP is legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettooran View Post
My cousin recently lost around 1 lakh plus from tata cliq although in a different way. She did not get an item delivered on time and reached out to tata cliq on a number that she found in google search. The guys said they will revert her money back and said they would need some details. They made her install team viewer in her laptop ( yes..And to think she works in IT field) and got get otp also.
This sounds a lot like the nefarious wine shop scam. A lot of people started ordering home delivery of alcohol and fraudsters had somehow put their own numbers under the names of famous wine shops on google. You end up making an advance payment and then the phone number shuts off. Google search is no longer reliable for phone numbers.
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 13:30   #108
BHPian

Very sad state of affairs these days! Going through some posts in this thread where questions are raised on the credibility of videos, the dangerous notion of "Not everything is black and white" is starting to haunt me.

While I am no one to judge or even raise questions on the credibility of OP, the following are practical problems that we (consumer or middle man) face in our country:
  • What as a simple, honest, and middle class consumer I should undergo to ensure that I get genuine product (not saying value for money but atleast product should be genuine)? What is the assurance that I am not cheated and I receive money or get the returns swiftly done in the same speed that I paid (isn't it fair that when do an instant pay, I should receive atleast in a day or two) in case of return resolutions?
    (the returns policies and terms and conditions are not working as expected and thats why these kind of problems surface)
  • As an e-commerce company, what to do to ensure that the seller is not a fraud and also the customer does not swindle? This probably happened and thats why there is stringency in returns or claims. Sometime back, there was an issue with paytm cashbacks and I think the money involved was significant. Dont remember the details and hope someone here can throw more light.
  • Role of courier/shipping in case a 3rd party shipping is involved. How one determines if tampering is done by shipping agency guys or consumer?

Sadly, I think there is no simple and straight answers to above questions. Specially when we need to take a legal route. I am not sure how it happens in developed countries. In house letting, there they give a prerecorded disk of the house to show proof of condition of house at the time of handover. But here I find the prospects unsettling. Buy a GoPro and always wear it? Get dash cams in your car? Surround your house with cctv cams? May be.

I hope this gets resolved and we learn something from this experience.

Whatever is the case, I would thank Vikalp for sharing this as this will definitely make us all aware of this.
Quinn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 14:20   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikalp View Post
Hello everyone,
..from online shopping website TATA CLIQ on 2nd November 2020 for Rs.2,67,840. I received the parcel on 7th November 2020 via Delhivery Courier. When I opened it, it contained an old and broken laptop covered in dust and insects crawling inside. The original laptop was not there instead a scrap old laptop with everything broken was inside. I was shell-shocked.
The main culprit, I feel is, Delhivery Courier company. They have an army of untrained, unprofessional, rude and in this case maybe even a thief, delivery guys.

I speak from my own experience, I have recently received multiple items at different locations through Delhivery, 4 in the last 15 days, and each time there were issues and argument over delays, wrong deliveries, opened packages. The unprofessional behavior was uniform across states, metro or rural, Rajasthan, Gurgaon or Mumbai, its amazing how they maintain this all across the organization.

If Tata Cliq team is not responding, Police and Consumer court are your best bet. Involving all agencies and the PMO at the same time, may not be the best approach IMHO.

For fastest resolution, Police. Believe me "Bottom up" approach of police is bound to get the best results. Take help of IPS officer, if police stations are not responsive. Reaching them is as easy as walking directly to their office.

All the best..
ZeRo© is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 14:43   #110
BHPian

I think the OP is not at fault here and I want him to get either a new same laptop or a full refund. That is my wishful thinking.
We can't say anything for sure, unless we have proper evidences, can we?
Here, I tend to support the OP more as the doubt in the time difference and the two videos was clarified by him.

In my opinion, in the videos posted by him in Google Drive, with the sound, he isn't stammering or uttering curse words because there is no one besides him. He stays calm, but his frustration can been seen by observing the way he closes the old laptop and keeps it in the box.

Obviously, this is just my thought and the truth could be far different from it.

The innocent party, whether Tata CLiQ or the OP must get justice in the form of payment or the gadget. That is what I want!
Govardhansupra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 14:45   #111
BHPian

I once ordered my Airpods from Tata Cliq, but was quick enough to check the reviews of Tata CLIQ online.

Couldn't see positive reviews at all, so I was quick (within 30 min of order) to cancel my order & just prayed that my money be refunded safely.

Most consumers claimed of used / faulty products & poor customer service

I ended up visited the nearby Chroma Store that evening & picked it physically (this was all during the Unlock 1 time when such accessories vanished from the market due to high demand)

Since then I have totally refrained ordering / using from Tata Cliq.

However, reading the ordeal here, I went ahead & deleted the app as well.
FIAT3031 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 14:58   #112
BHPian

I feel for what you have to go through. Spending hard earned money only to found that you have been conned does take an emotional turmoil on you.
Most of the points that can be said have already been said by the fellow team members, I would just like to say everyone is entitled to their opinion, its upto us to take whats best for you from the posts to proceed further in your case and bring it to a solution.
Old 18th November 2020, 15:12   #113
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mechanic View Post
Can you please share the following
1. Weight specified on Outer packaging
2. Weight specified on Actual packaging of laptop( Inside box )
3. Weight of laptop that you apparently received
4. Weight of laptop that you apparently should have received

From the video I saw weight of package as 2 Kg

But from the product page you linked the weight of laptop is specified as 2.99 Kg

Am I missing something here?? or is it some kind of new anti-gravity packaging technique.
So if they print the weight of the package as 2kg on delhivery shipping package slip then this means that they weighed the package as 2kg or the seller declared the package weight as 2kg.
But according to the product link it weighs 2.99kg, whether it includes the weight of the laptop, charger, manuals, power cord or just the laptop doesn't matter. The fact is the package he got weighs less then what the product page says.

So this is the best evidence the OP has against the seller. Unboxing video is moot at this point.
Even on amazon page the weight is listed as 2kg 990grams or 2.99kg and yet OP recieved a package that weighs only 2kg.
https://www.amazon.in/ASUS-Strix-Sca.../dp/B08GQZWVL9

Last edited by aim120 : 18th November 2020 at 15:24.
aim120 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 15:21   #114
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I can't fathom how the input voltage specification can have a unit of Watts!! It is like saying 'the weight of the laptop is 2 meters'.

Name:  voltage.png
Views: 2458
Size:  182.9 KB

That sticker is surely not coming from the manufacturer or redistributor.

Last edited by clevermax : 18th November 2020 at 15:32.
clevermax is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 15:44   #115
BHPian

Vikalp have you tried the old school way?

I would go over to the nearest Tata Croma store, and blow a fuse there. Just ensure you never use bad words on any employee (remember they are as helpless as you are in this scenario), talk to a manager and if nothing get the escalation number of some one more senior in corporate.

Have done this a few times in the past and it has always worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
What is a normal reaction when a person realises his ENTIRE lifetime savings has been stolen?

Carry on taking a video as if nothing has happened?

There is not even a shake or change in angle (on receiving a heart shattering shock) in the camera / filming when the old laptop is seen @ 0.19 (it's as if that is what is expected) - the camera is ROCK STEADY ALL ALONG - the OP just reaches for the laptop and puts it out of the box and the video just continues back to the box and the OP is opening the rest of the compartments as if nothing has happened.

This is not a normal human response - how does a person react when he realises he's been pickpocketed or his house has been burgled or his lifetime's savings been stolen? Can the person remain calm and continue taking a video with a rock steady camera?
This is ridiculous! Different people react differently to different events. I lost my dad 3 months ago, he had a massive cardiac arrest at home, I did not panic, lose my temperament or even a raised heartbeat even once.

I gave him CPR, which gained us 10 minutes or so, called an ambulance, Googled 'how to deal with cardiac arrest' one of which said use give Asprin, so went through the medicine cabinet, took out Asprin and put it in his mouth, guided the ambulance to my flat and by then he was gone. The grief and trauma hit me weeks later.

When I was 8, a large family group was going to a temple in Mumbai, during a train change in a station, homealone style my granny and I were left behind, no money, no cellphone (this was 1988), nothing. Again, I was told I did not panic one bit. Used a payphone and a phonebook (with the help of my granny) to call my dad's company, left him a message, requested a stall owner to give us a few bananas and a coffee + water on loan and we waited 2 hours before the cavalry arrived.

Otoh a few years ago when we were out shopping, my then 3 year old son locked himself in the trial room. I lost my head in panic, but my wife remained calm and composed working out solutions.

In this case, not everyone would act as though been given a broken laptop is the end of the world, actually logic dictates you finish the

Last edited by Aditya : 20th November 2020 at 05:23. Reason: Please avoid personal attacks on fellow BHPians
Stribog is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 15:44   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
So if they print the weight of the package as 2kg on delhivery shipping package slip then this means that they weighed the package as 2kg or the seller declared the package weight as 2kg.
But according to the product link it weighs 2.99kg, whether it includes the weight of the laptop, charger, manuals, power cord or just the laptop doesn't matter. The fact is the package he got weighs less then what the product page says.

So this is the best evidence the OP has against the seller. Unboxing video is moot at this point.
Even on amazon page the weight is listed as 2kg 990grams or 2.99kg and yet OP recieved a package that weighs only 2kg.
https://www.amazon.in/ASUS-Strix-Sca.../dp/B08GQZWVL9
Exactly my point.

From my experience ( Everyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong )

1. The weight specified on the AWB ( Air way bill ) on the final box will be the total weight of the package ( Weight of contents + Weight of all the packaging )

2. Weight of laptop stated on product page will be for just the laptop

I would estimate the package should be near or over 4Kg containing the actual laptop that OP apparently ordered.

The weight of the package will be:-

Weight of laptop device ( 2.99Kg ) + Weight of charger + Weight of documentation, any stickers, cleaning cloth etc. + Weight of box from the laptop manufacturer + weight of all the packaging and box put by seller.
The Mechanic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 16:01   #117
Senior - BHPian

I believe the fraud happened at pacific systems end where the original laptop was replaced by an old one by the person entrusted to transport the box to the courier or by the courier pick up boy himself. Upon learning of the high-value content of the shipping box some fould play happened during this step itself. Police is the right person for the job and not Tata Cliq I feel. Tata Cliq has also gone down the tubes since they seem to have no authority over fixing responsibility or demanding compliance from reseller or courier in this matter.

Hence Tata Cliq is best avoided as a matketplace. They seem to mismanaged and facing hard times.
lurker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 16:35   #118
Senior - BHPian

Croma and Cliq are two separate entities. Cliq is an online integrator, and Croma could be one of their suppliers when need arises. Going there will not work. Regarding TeamBHPians playing the Devil's advocate, in a forum different thoughts do emerge. Some are 'for', and few will be 'against'. You cant stop people from thinking. We should take these in our stride
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
I would go over to the nearest Tata Croma store, and blow a fuse there
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 16:45   #119
BHPian

Looking at the condition of the box, I would have stopped even before I cut the seal. I would just initiate a return as the whole thing looks unprofessionally packed and looks fishy. Further, as someone pointed out, the product specifications label looks suspicious and that itself would have sent alarm bells ringing in my head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
- Ideally people do not make unboxing videos unless they are vloggers / into similar act
Not necessarily! Given the online frauds, I always make unboxing videos of high value items (Laptops/Smartphones). But your other points are valid, I take a single continuous video from unboxing to power on, with audio
Old 18th November 2020, 16:52   #120
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I can't fathom how the input voltage specification can have a unit of Watts!! It is like saying 'the weight of the laptop is 2 meters'.

Attachment 2081757

That sticker is surely not coming from the manufacturer or redistributor.
As far as above point is concerned, I just checked the box of my Asus vivo book and it’s also mentioned in Watts so this is probably a mistake the company needs to change. Posting pic of my box below.

2.7 lakh dispute with Tata Cliq-39cfcf2f05db499f8e7825d9efc77336.jpeg
AZT is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks