Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2011, 12:32   #2086
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Blistering barnacles! Looks like i spoke too soon!

The machine still leaks some amount of water during the washing cycle. I am fed up of this machine now, and have decided to put up with this leak till it aggravates. I cannot have the IFB guys come house-visiting every alternate day!
Is it top loading or front loading ?
Old 25th May 2011, 12:36   #2087
Team-BHP Support

KP, IFB only comes with front loading.
This is a front loading design called IFB Senorita plus.
Old 25th May 2011, 16:17   #2088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I think IFB have been going downhill ever since they lost the Bosch link. This way in the new open regime they may be confined to the dust heap soon.
They deserve to become extinct asap; but r'now I'm a tad more concerned about our IFB Dishwasher heading for the dust heap. :( Doesn't anybody know if this thing can be repaired elsewhere?

Surrendering so much more moolah to such companies feels criminal!
Old 25th May 2011, 16:21   #2089
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK IFB was under BIFR and lock down and made a recovery last year - so situation may improve in near future.
Old 25th May 2011, 17:03   #2090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
KP, IFB only comes with front loading.
This is a front loading design called IFB Senorita plus.
Benny,
IFB has top loading washing machines.
Top loading models are all CBU (mfg & imported from china)
Front Loading models are manufactured in Goa.

Regarding the water leakage, did you or the IFB guy check the water pump located in front ?

Last edited by kpzen : 25th May 2011 at 17:05.
Old 25th May 2011, 19:00   #2091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Benny,
IFB has top loading washing machines.
Top loading models are all CBU (mfg & imported from china)
Front Loading models are manufactured in Goa.

Regarding the water leakage, did you or the IFB guy check the water pump located in front ?
One place often overlooked in IFB is the front filter. In my machine it is situated on the front bottom left, behind a panel hinge. If it is not closed and tightened properly it will keep leaking. As we often wash mats and other material shedding lint, we open and clean the filter regularly (and at times recover quite a few coins). Closing it is a bit tricky, if not screwed in properly it leaks.
Old 26th May 2011, 00:40   #2092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
AFAIK IFB was under BIFR and lock down and made a recovery last year - so situation may improve in near future.
Not likely unless they manage to improve quality drastically and change their tactics...
Old 26th May 2011, 10:42   #2093
BHPian

Quote:
Blistering barnacles! Looks like i spoke too soon!

The machine still leaks some amount of water during the washing cycle. I am fed up of this machine now, and have decided to put up with this leak till it aggravates. I cannot have the IFB guys come house-visiting every alternate day!
I am also on the same boat (hope it does not become literal ). 3 visits and still the water leak problem is not arrested. The WM is under AMC, which does not cover plastic or rubber parts. First they changed bearings and rubber hose that lets the water into the drum. Spent 510Rs for the rubber parts.

Immediately after this, the leak started appearing from the outlet filter. They asking me to replace outlet rubber hose now, for which I have to bear the cost.

This exercise is becoming more painful as the service guys never turn up after 6 pm and have to remind them multiple times to keep up their appointments.
Old 26th May 2011, 11:10   #2094
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
Immediately after this, the leak started appearing from the outlet filter. They asking me to replace outlet rubber hose now, for which I have to bear the cost.

This exercise is becoming more painful as the service guys never turn up after 6 pm and have to remind them multiple times to keep up their appointments.
Very true about the timing aspect! For a company involved in customer support, i cannot understand why they cannot have their support staff work after 6 PM. Its not easy to co-ordinate with them to have their staff come visiting after 6pm.

Guys, thanks for the tip about the filter which could be the reason for the leak. I will have to check that. As someone had mentioned earlier, once removed, its somewhat cumbersome to screw the filter back.
Old 26th May 2011, 11:32   #2095
Senior - BHPian

on a side note - I bought the Inalsa Robot 300C hand blender/chopper.

We almost bought a display piece Black & Decker chopper (1L capacity) which was very nice and had 40% discount but I didn't feel comfortable. The Inalsa was demo-ed by the EasyDay staff and I bought it immediately.

Its very good for onions/rigid items. For tomatoes, it shreds them a bit too much (i.e take few tomatoes - that too not soft ones) but its still nice enough to cook with and isn't exactly a "puree".

overall, am happy
Old 26th May 2011, 11:40   #2096
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
on a side note - I bought the Inalsa Robot 300C hand blender/chopper.

We almost bought a display piece Black & Decker chopper (1L capacity) which was very nice and had 40% discount but I didn't feel comfortable. The Inalsa was demo-ed by the EasyDay staff and I bought it immediately.

Its very good for onions/rigid items. For tomatoes, it shreds them a bit too much (i.e take few tomatoes - that too not soft ones) but its still nice enough to cook with and isn't exactly a "puree".

overall, am happy
does there exist a food processor which can "peel" vegetable and onions too, instead of just chopping them?
Now that would be innovation.
Old 26th May 2011, 12:34   #2097
BHPian

Hi,

Yesterday I purchased Croma's Microwave Convection 25 Ltrs. I don't know much about Croma brand. But, I was in a hurry so purchased this one. I hope I will not get dissappointed with Croma.

The service guy came for the demo. I tried to cancel this demo, but he was insisting on it.

The manuals says one thing & this guy was mentioning different things.

Anybody using Croma's Microwave Convection?
Old 26th May 2011, 13:53   #2098
BHPian

Hi all,
I'm planning to purchase an electric chimney. Please recommend good ones with an amount of 15K.

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 26th May 2011, 13:54   #2099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
does there exist a food processor which can "peel" vegetable and onions too, instead of just chopping them?
Now that would be innovation.
Surely there would - but are you willing to pay for it?

In Punjab, they have harvesters to separate wheat from the chaff - you can startup a company on this funda. I'd gladly pay for such an innovative device!

@Ramki: I got a faber 60cm, 1000 m3/h chimney in 10500 including full installation. (LTW). Do you have a big kitchen? 10k will do - why spend 15?

Last edited by phamilyman : 26th May 2011 at 14:03.
Old 26th May 2011, 14:17   #2100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
@Ramki: I got a faber 60cm, 1000 m3/h chimney in 10500 including full installation. (LTW). Do you have a big kitchen? 10k will do - why spend 15?
phamilyman, nice id
Coming to the query, thanks for the reply. We have a 10x7 kitchen. Is this ok for the above model?

Thanks,
Ramki

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks