Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2010, 16:06   #1546
BHPian

Royalcruiser, I suggest you have a look at the Whirlpool range too.
Some of the models are equipped with an electronic control panel, which offers a great convenience. I have been using one ( 200 L ) since the last nearly one year, and Iam extremely happy with the product.
Old 26th October 2010, 16:17   #1547
BHPian

Looking for a Refrigerator (350+)
Checked out various models from almost all companies.....Found the build quality of Samsung and LG little less robust that likes of hitachi and panasonic.

Any one has any experience with Panasonic refrigerators ? specially the in which freezer is at the bottom.....

We kind of liked it more than other brands....
Old 26th October 2010, 16:38   #1548
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeps79 View Post
Looking for a Refrigerator (350+)
Checked out various models from almost all companies.....Found the build quality of Samsung and LG little less robust that likes of hitachi and panasonic.
Does the Panasonic/Hitachi Fridge door close with a "thud"?
Old 26th October 2010, 17:49   #1549
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
Some of the models are equipped with an electronic control panel, which offers a great convenience.
What is that? What does it do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Does the Panasonic/Hitachi Fridge door close with a "thud"?

On a seriousnote, don't the magnetic lining ensure that all fridges close with a thud?
Old 26th October 2010, 18:12   #1550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

most of MW issues are already discussed in earlier pages; too bad most of it is spread out over several pages.
It would be much more convenient if we have a separate thread for washing machines ,fridge & microwave ,like the one we already have for LCD & plasmas.
Old 26th October 2010, 20:51   #1551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Do you have any budget in mind when you are deciding for refrigerators? If not then I would like to suggest you check out Hitachi 3 door fridges. Fanatastic cooling, good space, separate chiller and vegeatble compartments. I think you will get the 300+ lts for a decent 30K.
budget is 20k and that was the reason for looking at LG/Samsung

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@royalcruiser: I have a couple of LG systems one 300+ and another 400+. Had the former for 11+ and the latter for 8+ years . No issues with either.
Great! Thanks - I have heard more or less the same from most people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
I am using a Samsung 345 lts fridge for the last 1.5 years, no issues till date. The build quality is quite good. I personally feel that both brands are more or less at par.
I agree they are more or less on par. I was wondering whats with the Green Ion cooling in LG - just some fancy jargon or anything useful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
Royalcruiser, I suggest you have a look at the Whirlpool range too.
Some of the models are equipped with an electronic control panel, which offers a great convenience. I have been using one ( 200 L ) since the last nearly one year, and Iam extremely happy with the product.
I was actually quite impressed with the Whirlpool range. And by stretching my budget a bit more, I can pick this one up! Only minor concern was that Whirlpools are 4-star rated and I wonder how much of a difference will it make?
Old 27th October 2010, 09:54   #1552
Senior - BHPian

Fridges beyond a size are generally imported, hence you will find that around 400L the price shoots up. We paid 28K two years ago for a 400L whirlpool. What I liked is the Stainless Steel body and toughened glass shelves. Our 230L Sanyo is till going strong after 12 years.
Old 27th October 2010, 10:18   #1553
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
I was actually quite impressed with the Whirlpool range. And by stretching my budget a bit more, I can pick this one up! Only minor concern was that Whirlpools are 4-star rated and I wonder how much of a difference will it make?
Should barely show up on the bills. Go ahead and buy, if you like it.
Old 31st October 2010, 19:17   #1554
Senior - BHPian

Automatic top loading washing machine - Samsung 0r LG or Whirl pool?

Folks about to pick a WM now which one should i choose? i was keen on samsung "AG" which is about 15k but one of my fried told that Samsung top loading machines have issue...

Does it make sense to go for top loading machines when we can get the front loaers for about 18-19k?

Suggestions please...
Old 31st October 2010, 19:55   #1555
Distinguished - BHPian

@Lohith, why not a front loader ? Cleaning action is much better, uses less water too. Drying is about the same.

I'm looking between LG / Samsung / Whirlpool - 7 or 7.5kg range. Feedback on all 3 brands has been similar, from what I have seen
Old 31st October 2010, 20:16   #1556
Senior - BHPian

Condor, intially my budget was 10+k so dint look at front loaders but now am slowly heading towards 15 so am thinking of front loaders too. what about "godrej"?

i feel Pai is giving good price o samsung while girias are on godrej....
Old 31st October 2010, 22:01   #1557
Senior - BHPian

@Lohithrao - If you've any intention for top loader, go for Whirlpool. They provide a very good service. See my experience with Whirlpool - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2021421-post.html

They provide a real good service to say "wow". LG does the same, but, we never had any trouble with our LG television, so can't comment much.
Old 31st October 2010, 22:02   #1558
Distinguished - BHPian

Top Loading vs Front Loading : Tips are on Croma's website

Quote:
sourav9385 : .. I don't understand what big advantage front loading washing machines provide.
A nice guide comparing TL & FL WM's here at Croma's website :
Croma | The Electronics Megastore | Help me buy | Washing Machine
Old 1st November 2010, 09:22   #1559
Senior - BHPian

Thanks COndor and aargee, in this article i see the top loaders are harsh on cloths?

So if i consider on a front loader should i pick Samsung, whirlpool, IFB?

I was very close on Samsung but it seems like i better stay away?
Old 1st November 2010, 09:58   #1560
BANNED

I have had bad experience with IFB service. I will look add LG to the list of possible brands.

At the end of the day they are very similar products, so you have very little to choose. Just check on the service centres. Even here there is a question mark. Samsung service used to be great, and then they outsourced and it is terrible. They act as if they are doing you a favour by servicing your appliance. I have had an excellent experience with LG service for the past 5+ years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks