Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2021, 18:20   #241
BHPian

Re: Which earphones?

I am looking for a pair of TWS earphones that have good audio quality and stable connectivity. Budget is between Rs. 2000 and Rs. 3000.

I have looked at the Oneplus buds Z so far, are there any other suggestions?
Old 7th July 2021, 18:24   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
I am looking for a pair of TWS earphones that have good audio quality and stable connectivity. Budget is between Rs. 2000 and Rs. 3000.

I have looked at the Oneplus buds Z so far, are there any other suggestions?
THESE (Jabra 65t) are absolutely brilliant and I had got them sub-3k, but are now more expensive again. Highly recommended.
Old 7th July 2021, 23:09   #243
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
any other suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
THESE (Jabra 65t) are absolutely brilliant...
For ~5k, Galaxy Buds+ are another option. Can be had for 4990/- on the Samsung Store with a credit card discount.
Old 26th July 2021, 09:50   #244
BHPian

Quote:
THESE (Jabra 65t) are absolutely brilliant and I had got them sub-3k, but are now more expensive again. Highly recommended.
In the current prime day sale, these are available for 2.7k. is it worth buying these in 2021?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
For ~5k, Galaxy Buds+ are another option. Can be had for 4990/- on the Samsung Store with a credit card discount.
They are available for this exact price (4990 /-) on Amazon currently. Which ones would be better to pick up now,
These Galaxy buds+, the Jabra 65t or the OnePlus buds z. (Does it make sense to wait for the OnePlus buds pro pricing?)
Old 26th July 2021, 09:52   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the current prime day sale, these are available for 2.7k. is it worth buying these in 2021?
I am listening to music on these right now as I type and the answer is a resounding Yes.
roy_libran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 10:15   #246
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
... Which ones would be better to pick up now?...
Elite 65t and Buds+ are both great, with a couple differences.

Battery life: 65t has a claimed life of 5 hours, plus another 10 from the case. Buds+ can go nearly 11 hours on a charge, plus another 10 from the case. Shouldn't really be an issue unless you're the kind with marathon listening sessions for a use case.

Call quality: Buds+ are better, but not 2x better given the current sale prices.

Multi-point connectivity: 65t can connect to two devices at once, Buds+ can't.

I use the Buds+ for when I'm on the move because they provide a better fit with the additional wingtips. Most in-ear devices I've used fall out of my right ear. These fit snugly and stay that way for hours.

I wouldn't bother with the OnePlus. They lack a few features (esp. if connected to non-OnePlus devices), and simply aren't as good as the other two you're considering.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th July 2021 at 10:18.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 11:24   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response. I ended up ordering the Buds+ primarily because of the battery life (Would be using it during my college classes). From reviews the music quality was more or less the same so I was not too bothered.

Quote:
I am listening to music on these right now as I type and the answer is a resounding Yes.
Thanks roy_libran, ultimately went with the buds+ because of the battery life.
awaiting delivery now .
Shiftlock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 11:39   #248
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response. I ended up ordering the Buds+ primarily because of the battery life (Would be using it during my college classes)...
Tip: keep the ambient noise feature turned off when you don't need it. It can be a bit of a battery hog if left on all the time.
Old 26th July 2021, 15:56   #249
BHPian

I'm looking to buy a microphone that could be connected to a phone to sing songs. I am not looking for anything professional. Basic noise cancellation and better sound quality than recording directly from the phone should be enough.
Old 26th July 2021, 17:36   #250
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
I'm looking to buy a microphone that could be connected to a phone to sing songs. I am not looking for anything professional. Basic noise cancellation and better sound quality than recording directly from the phone should be enough.
If you have a phone with a 3.5mm audio jack (or a converter connector to use one), this is a good, reasonably priced option.

Better half uses it to record audio clips for various purposes, and is a satisfied customer.
Old 26th July 2021, 18:13   #251
BHPian

Quote:

Battery life: 65t has a claimed life of 5 hours, plus another 10 from the case. Buds+ can go nearly 11 hours on a charge, plus another 10 from the case. Shouldn't really be an issue unless you're the kind with marathon listening sessions for a use case.

Call quality: Buds+ are better, but not 2x better given the current sale prices.

Multi-point connectivity: 65t can connect to two devices at once, Buds+ can't.
Elite 65t is good one and rugged one. It has fallen several time and survived. But it is not comfortable and perfect fit. I cannot dare to walk wearing those. It is good for office desk and bed.
If budget permits, then there is no match for AirPod Pro.
Old 27th July 2021, 16:14   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS_RE650 View Post
Elite 65t is good one and rugged one. It has fallen several time and survived. But it is not comfortable and perfect fit. I cannot dare to walk wearing those. It is good for office desk and bed.
If budget permits, then there is no match for AirPod Pro.

I'm using the 75t and those seem to fit perfectly. infact its one of the few that i can actually run with, without them falling out.

Rev
Old 27th July 2021, 20:19   #253
Senior - BHPian

if you need to do a lot of windows calls for work (zoom, teams etc), Jabra integration with Windows BT is solid. Generally with Consumer brands (Sony, Sennheiser etc) i have found it pretty spotty. Phone integration is great, but PC integration is bad (Too much fiddly settings to get your headset to get detected, frequent dropouts etc, issues with switching between headset and headphone mode)
Old 28th July 2021, 09:46   #254
BHPian

I'd recommend looking into this- LYPERTEK - TEVI.
If used indoors primarily, this will be great. Battery life is 10hrs + 60hrs from the charger case.
Old 28th July 2021, 18:55   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Tip: keep the ambient noise feature turned off when you don't need it. It can be a bit of a battery hog if left on all the time.
Thanks.
I received them today and Im enjoying the listening experience initially.

One issue: the case battery percentage is not showing up on the wearables app. Could this be because I'm using a OnePlus phone and not a Samsung?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks