Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2010, 09:33   #121
BHPian

I'm looking for earphone with integrated handsfree microphone for about $30-75 for i-pod touch with of-course good SQ.I'm currently in US and would prefer newegg (not many options here these days),amazon,ebay or any other online store.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 28th May 2010 at 09:52.
Old 18th July 2010, 17:16   #122
Senior - BHPian

I use the Dell blue tooth ear phone. Really it gives the great stereo and bass effect on music and clear voice reception on mobile conversation.
Old 18th July 2010, 22:22   #123
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone suggest me a Wireless Head set (with mic) which plays good music? Budget about $100. Would love additional features like noise cancellation (its absolutely for home use), volume and track controls. Ready to increase the budget if needed.

Whats the reputation of plantronics and sennheiser?
Old 19th July 2010, 11:56   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Can anyone suggest me a Wireless Head set (with mic) which plays good music? Budget about $100. Would love additional features like noise cancellation (its absolutely for home use), volume and track controls. Ready to increase the budget if needed.

Whats the reputation of plantronics and sennheiser?
If you want pure sound quality then go for sennheiser px-80 or px-100.
You wont regret it.

Of-course it is wired , without mic. And also a bottom of the line in the premier phones league, but I am very satisfied with mine.

-Fillmore.
Old 20th July 2010, 09:54   #125
BHPian

Got the Sony MDR-NC7 for around $39. Nothing great, but as a package its a good deal, has noise cancellation and the basics.
Old 26th July 2010, 10:54   #126
BANNED

Go for Bose headphones.
They are really worth the money.
Old 15th August 2010, 16:49   #127
Senior - BHPian

Guys

I need all your help at this hour. As happens with me most of the time, unexpectedly, today i broke my secondary earphones - cx300.

I am thinking of upgrading so was wondering which IEM should i get with a budget of around $50-$80. My primary IEM - Thinksound Rain will now act as secondary and the new one will be my primary IEM.

My preferences:
- I am a bass head, so need good bass.
- I prefer a Y shaped lanyard. Had to compromise while using cx-300 as i didn't knew it with one cord short and one long.
- Need normal ear-tips, the one that comes with cx-300 or ep 630. I think those are silicon tips. Not the foam one, was a disaster before as i used it.
- Good build quality, Reliable, good sound quality.
- Will be totally relying on your expert views since i can't hear them in store.

A few options that i have are:
Hippo VB, Klipsch S4, Etymotic Research ER6i, UE Super 5v or Super 4, Fischer Audio Silver Bullet and Eterna, Crossroads Woodie 2

Any opinions? I need them ASAP.

Last edited by chevelle : 15th August 2010 at 17:07.
Old 16th August 2010, 11:02   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
which IEM should i get with a budget of around $50-$80.
My preferences:
- I am a bass head, so need good bass.
- I prefer a Y shaped lanyard.
- Need normal ear-tips, the one that comes with cx-300 or ep 630. I think those are silicon tips.
- Will be totally relying on your expert views since i can't hear them in store.

A few options that i have are:
Hippo VB, Klipsch S4, Etymotic Research ER6i, UE Super 5v or Super 4, Fischer Audio Silver Bullet and Eterna, Crossroads Woodie 2.
I have NOT heard the Fischers, Hippo or UEs. The Klipsch, ER6i and Woodees have very different tonal character (the Klipsch has the strongest bass of the 3) but for a self confessed bass head the Maximo 590 is a must listen. I found it too bass heavy but you might like it.

2 others you have not listed are the PK2 and HR2 (the PK1 and HR1 are outside the price range specified).

I'd strongly suggest getting a decent amp as well. There are holders that will carry your ipod and amp together.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:24   #129
BHPian

I am looking for headphones which has mic too, I will be very happy if i get headphones similar to EP 630. Any suggestions ?

Found one : HS 930i . Where I can get it ? Cost ?

Last edited by saurabh159 : 17th August 2010 at 11:31.
Old 19th August 2010, 14:20   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I have NOT heard the Fischers, Hippo or UEs. The Klipsch, ER6i and Woodees have very different tonal character (the Klipsch has the strongest bass of the 3) but for a self confessed bass head the Maximo 590 is a must listen. I found it too bass heavy but you might like it.

2 others you have not listed are the PK2 and HR2 (the PK1 and HR1 are outside the price range specified).

I'd strongly suggest getting a decent amp as well. There are holders that will carry your ipod and amp together.
Thank You for your opinion. But i already took the plunge.

Ordered MEElectronics R1 and Hippo VB.

VB should take around 10-15 days to deliver.

i got R1 for $27.49 inclusive of tax and shipping while VB was $79.

Got the R1 and initial impressions are pretty impressive. Tight bass, great mids and good treble. Good thing is bass is not muddy like ep 630 and cx 300, doesn't overlap with mids and is very good to hear.

Just felt is protrudes a lot, so not good looking, too much wind noise and not good isolation. I am using bi-flange tips as of now. Used medium sized tips but felt as if bass came more towards the left side rather than in between.
Its a bit off topic. but thought should ask. Since VB could have similar problem.

If you were referring to YUIN PK2, then it had foam tips so i rejected, Crossroad HR2 was not showing up on jaben.net.

Can you suggest some AMPS? i am considering Fiio e5/e7. Not a part of my budget so may as well keep cost low. Or else have to wait a month or two to spend more on amps.
Old 19th August 2010, 14:25   #131
Team-BHP Support

I currently have in ear phones from creative(EP-630). Due to their tight fit, they provide some noise isolation, however, sometimes the music at the gym is defening, and their insulation is not enough. I have to crank up the volume, which I do not want to do as it will damage my ears.
What if I get an active earphone(active noise cancellation). Do these do a better job. Any models around 1500 or lower in price?
Old 19th August 2010, 14:26   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
I am looking for headphones which has mic too, I will be very happy if i get headphones similar to EP 630. Any suggestions ?

Found one : HS 930i . Where I can get it ? Cost ?
You can look at Hippo Shroom I. This one is $80. Follow this link. Worldwide shipping included.

Jaben Online Store
Old 19th August 2010, 14:31   #133
BHPian

I understand this is not a classifieds thread, but again I have a couple of Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 earphones that I got for friends but never picked up. Unopened boxes..

If anyone is interested please pm me. I'm willing to let go at a lower than market price.
Old 19th August 2010, 17:18   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Crossroad HR2 was not showing up on jaben.net.
Quote:
Do you talk to Wilson? If you do tell him the Indian from Bomaby who calls him "Uncle" says Hi!

Normally I just give him a headsup before visiting him and he keeps a few "surprises" for us (my son is usually with me).
Old 19th August 2010, 18:37   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Do you talk to Wilson? If you do tell him the Indian from Bomaby who calls him "Uncle" says Hi!

Normally I just give him a headsup before visiting him and he keeps a few "surprises" for us (my son is usually with me).
No i didn't talk to him. Do you go visiting him in Singapore? That would be neat.

I will email him and give your regards to him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks