Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2013, 00:13   #151
BHPian

Re: Which earphones?

Recently bought SoundMagic E10 @ 1.9K to use while working out. It has been a revelation to me at the price range! Highly recommended! (My other headphones are Grado SR80 and Sennheiser HD439). The only problem I have with them is the chord, its a bit stiff for my taste.
Old 12th September 2013, 19:08   #152
BHPian

I have been using a Koss Porta Pro for the last 2 years - they are cool 80s looking (break the monotony of office), and pretty reasonable quality sound. They leak a little bit but I take care to not listen at those volumes for too song. This is a very old design, which hasn't changed for 20 years - the adjustment systems work really well for me.

Before this I had gone through 2 sets of Seinheiser px 100s (which are Koss Porta Pro's main compeititors) in the course of 4 years. Px 100s have a little bit more thumping bass than KPP, but KPP is more clear. Both are very 'bright'.

The first thing to wear out on all the above headphones is the foam - it takes roughly a year for it to wear out - thankfully you can now buy replacement foam padding for KPPs online.

I also have nokia in-ear earphones which I use when running - they are quite decent actually, once they fit tightly and a seal has formed. But for longer time office usage, I prefer over-ear models, which are not too big.
Old 13th September 2013, 11:49   #153
BHPian

I've been using Sennheiser CX 400 earphones since 2009 - got them for Rs.1560. They are nice! Just got a new pair of headphones, JVC HA-S500 for Rs.4800. Yet to listen to them.
Old 13th September 2013, 11:56   #154
BHPian

Beats by dr.dre cost rs.14k insanely good sound though expensive.
Old 13th September 2013, 11:58   #155
BHPian

I got Apple earpods as a gift. They are excellent when it comes to sound quality, however they do not fit as great as earbud type earphones. Not the best ones if you like to wear headphones while running or jogging.
Old 20th September 2013, 13:59   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

SoundMAGIC E10

Purchased a pair of Sound magic E10 eaphones for 1.9K off flipkart-Red color- after reading many positive reviews about it

My reference is the Creative EP630 which i have been using since last 5 years.
The EP630 is a jack of all trades kind.

The SM E10's shine in the mid range and high's. The vocals are crisp and clear. I found bass to be less punchier than the EP630's but have not run-in the earphones completely . Hope the bass punch increases after some hours of listening.

I would recommend this for someone who is looking for earphones under 2K. I have listened to bose in-ear and frankly these E10's are almost there and maybe will get better as it ages!
Old 21st September 2013, 20:58   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
I got Apple earpods as a gift. They are excellent when it comes to sound quality, however they do not fit as great as earbud type earphones. Not the best ones if you like to wear headphones while running or jogging.
The Apple earphones aren't a very good fit, but they are a good value because they last very long. The earpods are quite commonly seen at stores as a separate product and its a good offering for people who aren't Apple fans to own a pair of ear phones without having to buy an Apple product. You should try a pair of the older Nokia ear phones - they come with a white plug on each of the ends giving you a good fit in the ears. The white plugs tend to fall off and harden with time so it isn't something built for durability.
Old 24th October 2013, 19:48   #158
BHPian

I am in a kind of a confused state - dont know which IEM's to go for.
The problem is one cant listen to IEM's here and then choose which is better of the available lot.
What I am looking for is clean sound stage with excellent mid's and base, any ideas which one fit the bill - budget is max of 4K.

Based on the reviews I have read online Kiplish S4i and UE 600 seems to be good enough - anyone feedback on both will be good from bhpians.
Old 9th November 2013, 18:16   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
The problem is one cant listen to IEM's here and then choose which is better of the available lot.
What I am looking for is clean sound stage with excellent mid's and base, any ideas which one fit the bill - budget is max of 4K.

Based on the reviews I have read online Kiplish S4i and UE 600 seems to be good enough - anyone feedback on both will be good from bhpians.
What Headphones/IEM do you currently own? Do you currently have a reference? Have you come across any headphones you have liked? The trouble with recommending a headphone/earphone is that everybody's hearing is different and you don't really get to demo IEMs. I would suggest finding a store where you can demo good headphones, once you find a sound signature you like find out reviews for IEM that have the same sound signature or from the same manufacture. High end audio manufacturers try to maintain the same sound signature across the family of products. For example I use Grado as my reference.
Old 17th December 2013, 05:13   #160
J.B
BHPian

Bose qc20i

I am not an audiophile by any measure, but I hate listening to music in my ear phones very loud, which is the only way possible to listen anything if you are in a bus or airplane. Hence the noise cancelling headphones interest me a lot and have been toiling with idea of investing in one for a long time.

I was really intrigued by the reviews the qc20's got from the day they were out and always wanted to buy one. But the price of 300$ was just over the board for me to take the plunge. Luckily last week someone in craigslist was selling an unopened new set for 200$ and I just jumped at the deal.

So, today I thought I would put the headphones to test and took the bus to my campus. These were my observations:

Scenario 1: Walking to the bus stop on the side walk, cars were keeping a brisk pace of around 40 miles, I turn on noise cancelling and suddenly the V8 truck sounds like a Nissan Leaf hissing away. It was just eerie for me. But there is also an aware mode, which would not dampen the noise from vehicles but still provide some noise cancelling, so it came in handy when crossing intersections.

Scenario 2: The bus in our town runs in bio diesel and makes really irritating noise, I flipped back to full noise cancelling mode and all I could hear was just my music which was playing at less than 50% of the volume.

Scenario 3: Walking to my office in campus, there was a section where construction work was going on and there were JCBs, some other truck with a huge hose sucking in something and the regular dust blower guys doing their job, all their noises were muted to a rumble and If I turn up the volume a bit more I could hear almost no background noise.

All this with the ear buds not hurting my ears or falling out once. These bose earphones have a clever design in that they dont fit very snug in ur ears to cause irritation nor they fall out (which every other earphones I have used do, except may be the clip type ones).I am really impressed and I think they are just worth the money and easily the most intriuging piece of tech I have ever owned. Anyone who travels in metros or a frequent flyer should consider getting one!

cheers

Last edited by J.B : 17th December 2013 at 05:16.
Old 15th March 2014, 23:31   #161
BHPian

Hello Friends, need you suggestions for please. I've looked at many sites and reviews and have gotten really confused. My budget is upto 2-3k(if its worth it) and have a few requirements in no particular order.
1. Needs to have a MIC, which works on Androids, Laptops (for conf calls and movies) etc.
2. Needs to be sturdy, skullcandy ink'd2 disintegrated in my office bagpack.
3. Flat or braided cable, hate twisty/entangles cables
4. Carry case/pouch would be good (see point 2 for reason)
5. Decent audio and MIC quality, needs to crisp and clear for the calls, movies, music, fm etc.
6. They need to be portable, like in the mid-size bagpack, so so huge-cans are out of the question. But back-of-neck, on-ear designs are welcome.

I am not a big audiophile and so brilliant audio quality is not high on priority list, but its important.

Please help me friends, I am really confused.

Last edited by Zenster : 15th March 2014 at 23:36.
Old 15th March 2014, 23:41   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post

I tried them both before I heard Shure se215's.

The bass is clear and legible. The mids and highs are just eargasmic. Read the reviews online. Best bang for your buck, ever, if you find them open box for about 30% to 50% more than your budget.
Old 16th March 2014, 11:53   #163

Agree totally with JB. Bought QC20 in India at 22K. You could buy a dozen good ones in that sum of money, but the noise canceling (well actually noise reducing) is pretty good. If you don't have any background music or podcast running, you still can hear muffled noises. It will not mute barking dogs or shrieking kids. That is because the human ear has a phenomenal dynamic range. If it gets very quiet, which is what QC20 attempts very well, you will hear even muted sounds. But if you are playing anything, even at very low volume, the results are simply amazing. Yes, it is Bose. So absolutely overpriced. But really really good. The only thing better is their QC15, and that's because it covers entire ears.
Old 16th March 2014, 12:11   #164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harneet.S View Post
I tried them both before I heard Shure se215's.

The bass is clear and legible. The mids and highs are just eargasmic. Read the reviews online. Best bang for your buck, ever, if you find them open box for about 30% to 50% more than your budget.
I have been using Shure for the last 5 years. Awesome sound quality. I got one of them when the mic was integrated along with the cable. Have been extremely satisfied with them.
Old 21st April 2014, 17:55   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SoundMAGIC E10

I am using Creative EP 630 for quite a long time and on my second set right now. I just don't seem to like Sennheiser or even Sony XB 30.

I find EP630 to be extremely fit for my taste. It feels everything has a proper balance and the bass is tight. What could be a good choice? Budget can be upto 2K. I listen to English tracks (the UK Top 50 stuffs), Malayalam, Tamil & Hindi movie songs and also Indipops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Purchased a pair of Sound magic E10 eaphones for 1.9K off flipkart-Red color- after reading many positive reviews about it

My reference is the Creative EP630 which i have been using since last 5 years.
The EP630 is a jack of all trades kind.

The SM E10's shine in the mid range and high's. The vocals are crisp and clear. I found bass to be less punchier than the EP630's but have not run-in the earphones completely . Hope the bass punch increases after some hours of listening.

I would recommend this for someone who is looking for earphones under 2K. I have listened to bose in-ear and frankly these E10's are almost there and maybe will get better as it ages!
Can I have a feedback please?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks