Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2014, 21:06   #166
BHPian

Re: Which earphones?

Having owned a QC3 and a PXC 450 - in hindsight - my take these are really good. But these have a life of their own. Not the acoustic but the padding around the ears. Over time these start to come off. And, that is when you don't get to enjoy the headphones. I nowadays don't spend a fortune on such products. But go for rugged everyday use which you can stuff in your bag without having to bother about putting in case and stuff. Yes, I do miss these in the aircraft. Nothing compares to these while in aircraft or for that matter the sound effect. Then the question is: how much do you want to spend on headphones which you will probably use for max an hour a day? Having owned and used QC3 and a PXC 450 - atleast I am not going to spend this much for day to day usage of headphones. Might as well save and put together the dream home theatre.
Old 25th April 2014, 22:05   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I am using Creative EP 630 for quite a long time and on my second set right now. I just don't seem to like Sennheiser or even Sony XB 30.

I find EP630 to be extremely fit for my taste. It feels everything has a proper balance and the bass is tight. What could be a good choice? Budget can be upto 2K. I listen to English tracks (the UK Top 50 stuffs), Malayalam, Tamil & Hindi movie songs and also Indipops.

Can I have a feedback please?
Sorry for the late reply.

My experience with these ear phones has been good.

The bass is less than ep630. It is the mids and the highs where this ear phone really shines. Very clear sound stage.

If bass is priority then you may not be satisfied . Else it is a worthy upgrade from EP630

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 25th April 2014 at 22:07.
Old 16th October 2014, 16:53   #168
Senior - BHPian

Wanted a decent IEM within Rs. 1K to go with my Lenovo Smartphone. Basically for media purpose.

Some options :
1) Sound Magic ES 18
2) Sennheiser CX 180
3) Creative EP 630
4) JBL Tempo

SM seems to have a favourable review in most of the sites. Any suggestions?

How are the Skull Candy Earphones?
Also,any pointers to a Earphone called DOMO Enthral 8?

Last edited by arnabchak : 16th October 2014 at 16:54.
Old 16th October 2014, 18:39   #169
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I found a pair of Over-ear Sennheiser Headphones on Amazon.in around 2 months back. There was some special promotion going on and I only paid Rs 698/- for these.
They are simply superb! The model no is HD180.
I believe that they are now selling a model called HD 210 or something. Also at a phenomenally inexpensive price.
Worth it in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Wanted a decent IEM within Rs. 1K to go with my Lenovo Smartphone. Basically for media purpose.

Some options :
1) Sound Magic ES 18
2) Sennheiser CX 180
3) Creative EP 630
4) JBL Tempo

How are the Skull Candy Earphones?
Also,any pointers to a Earphone called DOMO Enthral 8?
Old 16th October 2014, 20:00   #170
BHPian

Quote:

Some options :
1) Sound Magic ES 18
2) Sennheiser CX 180
3) Creative EP 630
4) JBL Tempo

Having used a bunch of cheap earphones, I'd say the Panasonic TCM-125 are the best. They have good overall sound with microphone and volume controls. None of the headphones you mentioned have those, which I think is very important when using earphones with a phone.
JBL headphones generally have heavy bass but they are inadequate on other fronts.

Soundmagic makes good headphones especially the E10 and ES20. If you can stretch your budget to the E10M, then they are the ones to get otherwise I'd highly recommend the Panasonics.

Last edited by Marauder : 16th October 2014 at 20:08.
Old 16th October 2014, 20:24   #171
BANNED

Talking of headphones, sometime ago I got a pair of Bose Acoustic Noise Cancellation ones - QC 15.
What sound!!
Truly amazing.

And my wife who doesn't like the over ear type, got a pair of the on ear Bose Noise cancelling phones - QC3 - those are also really wonderful.

This noise cancellation technology is absolutely ideal for a good sleep listening to music on long boring flights or else just perfect to shut out the world, even if you're just sitting in a public place and don't want to hear other people speaking etc.

Now, off topic I m seriously thinking of another lovely Bose product - the SOLO TV Sound system. Ideal if you don't want a full home theatre but perfect for TV sound enhancement!
Old 17th October 2014, 11:21   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I found a pair of Over-ear Sennheiser Headphones on Amazon.in around 2 months back. There was some special promotion going on and I only paid Rs 698/- for these.
They are simply superb! The model no is HD180.
I believe that they are now selling a model called HD 210 or something. Also at a phenomenally inexpensive price.
Worth it in my opinion.
Thanks Shankar.

I am more into the In Ear stuff and not comfortable with the Over the ear head phones.

Will however check the HD 180 for sure. Any idea about Domo?
Not many have heard much about them but people who have used them have some good things to say.
Old 17th October 2014, 11:32   #173
BHPian

I ordered the Sennheiser CX 180 on Amazon yesterday for Rs 750. They should get delivered by tomorrow (I paid for guaranteed two-day delivery). I will put up a review once I have used them.

I had some time and started reading up on the www about headphones. Learnt a lot of new stuff. I had no idea that even headphones need amplifiers, and I thought only wheels can be "balanced". Being an audiophile is serious business, and needs a lot of $$$...
Old 17th October 2014, 11:38   #174
Team-BHP Support

Was using Shure for 5 years. Brilliant quality. Finally it was off. So now shifted to conventional Bose IE2. Quality and fit to the ear is perfect. To me I look for a period of 5-6 years. For such a time line, a 80-120$ investment seems OK.
Old 17th October 2014, 11:56   #175
BHPian

I use the Bose In Ear Freestyle Earbud Headphones when I am working out. Even though it is not a noise cancelling headphone, I barely can hear any background noise in the gym and it is a snug fit, does not fall off when I am running in the treadmill.

Otherwise, when I am watching a movie in my laptop or listening to songs in my iPad, I use my Beats Solo HD. It has crystal clear highs and deep lows.
Old 18th October 2014, 07:15   #176
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Shankar.

I am more into the In Ear stuff and not comfortable with the Over the ear head phones.

Will however check the HD 180 for sure. Any idea about Domo?
Not many have heard much about them but people who have used them have some good things to say.
I have a pair of those Bose In Ear - ear bud type phones. Lovely sound etc, when you can manage to fit them into your ear.
I don't like this in ear technology - maybe I have deformed ears but these in ear ear phones never seem to fit nicely, snugly and indeed, stay in position more than 5 minutes for me.

I like those On Ear and Around the Ear Headphones much better.
Old 18th October 2014, 10:54   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I have a pair of those Bose In Ear - ear bud type phones. Lovely sound etc, when you can manage to fit them into your ear.
I don't like this in ear technology - maybe I have deformed ears but these in ear ear phones never seem to fit nicely, snugly and indeed, stay in position more than 5 minutes for me.

I like those On Ear and Around the Ear Headphones much better.
Shankar, came across this listing of Bose IE2 OEM at about 1K.

These are OEMs and not manufactured by BOSE. Does it mean they are fakes?

Checked out this write up about OEMs and am confused now:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"OEM" redirects here. For other uses, see OEM (disambiguation).
Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) is a term used when one company makes a part or subsystem that is used in another company's end product. The term is used in several ways, each of which is clear within a context. The term sometimes refers to a part or subassembly maker, sometimes to a final assembly maker, and sometimes to a mental category comprising those two in contrast to all other third party makers of parts or subassemblies from the aftermarket.
In the first usage, the OEM is the company that makes a part that is marketed by another company, typically as a component of the second company's own product.[1] For example, if Acme Manufacturing Co. makes power cords that are used on IBM computers, Acme is regarded as the OEM of the power cords.
In the second usage, OEM refers to companies like value-added resellers, which are the second manufacturer in the definition above. If, for example, Hewlett-Packard sells circuit boards to Acme Systems for use in Acme's security systems, H-P refers to Acme as an OEM.[2][3][4]
In the third usage, OEM is a mental category for all of the makers involved when a final assembly when was first built (originally equipped)—in contrast to whoever made aftermarket parts that were installed later. For example, if Ford used Autolite spark plugs, Exide batteries, Bosch fuel injectors, and Ford's own engine blocks and heads when building a car, then car restorers and collectors consider all of those brands as OEM brands, in contrast to aftermarket brands (Champion plugs, DieHard batteries, Kinsler fuel injectors, and BMP engine blocks and heads). This can mean that Bosch injectors are considered OEM parts on one car model and aftermarket parts on another model.
Old 18th October 2014, 15:41   #178
BANNED

Quote:
Shankar, came across this listing of Bose IE2 OEM at about 1K.

These are OEMs and not manufactured by BOSE. Does it mean they are fakes?
I have no idea mate! I got these from my credit card company as a gift around 2 years ago or maybe earlier.
They are nice and cute - they come in a little PVC zip case etc.
Here is a pic attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Which earphones?-img_0667.jpg  

Which earphones?-img_0668.jpg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 18th October 2014 at 15:45.
Old 18th October 2014, 16:06   #179
Senior - BHPian

@ Shankar.

Exactly the same ones.

It costs about 1 K in most of the online sites and clearly mention they are OEM manufactured.

How is the sound output? Is it similar to Bose's lofty standards?
Old 18th October 2014, 16:15   #180
BANNED

Quote:
Any suggestions?
Consider these:

http://www.flipkart.com/mi-in-ear-he...CDYFKYJBFMEAG6

Surprisingly good quality.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com