Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2008, 18:47   #151
BHPian

if anyone has problems clearing S7 - get a mine's r34 gtr and tune as defined in the start of this video
Old 5th October 2008, 21:45   #152
BHPian

took me half a day to figure out the correct tune of the f40 to clear the S6 event the learnings are well worth it !! hint for anyone trying - tune gear ratios such that 70kmph to 120kmph you are in second gear and max speeded on this track is not more than 260kmph
Old 6th October 2008, 19:00   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
all - is it just me or can no one watch the free videos on gt-tv
i can watch the ones which can be directly downloaded - but anything which requires to goto the cart (even if free) elicits a "no items for you" on the cart screen. All the ferrari and top gear etc vids are free but need to be taken to cart and then downloaded (not direct download like the citroen, nissan, evo x vids)
Part answer, part question:
Going to cart requires the Playstation Network - even if it's free (requires a $0 transaction). In India, if you registered as an Indian user, the PSN is not up and running. It should be available shortly, according to a recent story in the Economic Times. They are tweaking the payment gateway, to ready it for launch.
This brings me to my question - I can't see any videos on GT TV, apart from the Gran Tursimo title film. If I click on Top Gear or any other icons, I get a `no content available at the moment' (or something to that effect) message.
Obviously some other folks here can see videos - Im wondering how that is? Is it because they registered their PS3s in another country and hence PSN works for them?
Old 6th October 2008, 22:23   #154
Awaiting Email Confirmation

OK, firstly since I registered in India like a nut, I don't have the playstation store on hand. Secondly, I'm struggling with the GT update now. How do I get through that? And it's annoying that they don't have the PS store available for us in India. And one more thing, can we create another PS3 account if we want with a different location?
Old 6th October 2008, 22:28   #155
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
OK, firstly since I registered in India like a nut, I don't have the playstation store on hand. Secondly, I'm struggling with the GT update now. How do I get through that? And it's annoying that they don't have the PS store available for us in India. And one more thing, can we create another PS3 account if we want with a different location?
im pretty sure you can create another account with a different location.
Old 6th October 2008, 22:31   #156
Senior - BHPian

I want it on XBOX 360
Old 7th October 2008, 00:48   #157
BHPian

Quote:
since i bought my first ps3 in US - i registered that with a US PSN account (put addy of my san jose office ) now i have both my ps3s (indian 40gb and US 80gb) running on the same US PSN account. Hence I have playstation store and PSN access, and I guess thats why I can see all the videos. But i can't order anything, as I dont have a credit card associated with US billing addy.
I think the prob is my GT5 disc is bought in India (region 2) and despite US PSN account, the GT-TV breaks because of disc region.
I had no probs with the GT5 update !! quite contrary to what I read here.
Old 7th October 2008, 15:58   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tell me about being a nut! I should have thought that through before registering in India. PSN India is coming by the end of this fiscal:
Sony to launch fourth version of PS-2 by Diwali- Entertainment-Media / Entertainment -News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

What's the issue you're facing with the GT5 update? Did you try what I suggested?: doing it from within the game - by clicking on News and restarting the same way everytime the download fails.
It happened for me all of a sudden one night but it did take about 2 hours on an 8mbps connection over wifi. Broke once at the 50% mark but it saved the download and took less time than the first half to finish up.
Patience is key
Old 7th October 2008, 17:33   #159
BHPian

I think if i recall correct, the gt5 update took me 30 mins or so on a 2mbps. Do they have a low bandwidth gt5 update server for people connecting with india psn accounts

but i agree with starscream - i too rejected the first update when you start the game and then when inside the menu, I tried to access online gaming and got a second update reminder, which I accepted and went on.

Last edited by jassi : 7th October 2008 at 17:35.
Old 7th October 2008, 17:40   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think if i recall correct, the gt5 update took me 30 mins or so on a 2mbps. Do they have a low bandwidth gt5 update server for people connecting with india psn accounts

but i agree with starscream - i too rejected the first update when you start the game and then when inside the menu, I tried to access online gaming and got a second update reminder, which I accepted and went on.
which update Jassi? The big one -1GB plus announced the middle of this year or the latest one from a few days ago? The October one with the three new cars took me 5 to 10 minutes and was very smooth. The previous update is the one that's problematic and the one Nitroxx is stuck at, I think.
Old 7th October 2008, 17:49   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
which update Jassi? The big one -1GB plus announced the middle of this year or the latest one from a few days ago? The October one with the three new cars took me 5 to 10 minutes and was very smooth. The previous update is the one that's problematic and the one Nitroxx is stuck at, I think.
ok i was referring to one with the 3 new cars - but i haven't still had an update which lasted more than an hour maybe my airtel is performing right on dot - 1GB at 2mbps takes 66 mins - correct me if i am wrong with the math
Old 7th October 2008, 18:03   #162
Senior - BHPian

Wish the GT5 could come on the XBOX 360 too.
Old 7th October 2008, 18:10   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ok i was referring to one with the 3 new cars - but i haven't still had an update which lasted more than an hour maybe my airtel is performing right on dot - 1GB at 2mbps takes 66 mins - correct me if i am wrong with the math
sure it shouldn't take a lot of time - the problem with the big update is the speeds from the server vary and the connection breaks very often. That's why it takes so much time. Im glad Im done with it.
Old 7th October 2008, 18:11   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Wish the GT5 could come on the XBOX 360 too.
Won't happen. GT is Sony's flagship game for the PS series, there's no way they're going to release it for the XBOX.

Do you know how many people buy the PS's only to play the GT series?? I'm one of them btw!
Old 7th October 2008, 21:18   #165
BHPian

has anyone here been able to clear the S10 event. I am just not able to get past top 10 with the ford gt spec II car. No other works it seems, maybe I need to buy that citroen gt car which came in the last update

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks