Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2008, 03:04   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
only 1 race left. the f40 one. have been collecting cash for the last 2 days. still need 200k more.
f40 one? I dont have that. I have an f430 race in the A Class. Do the different versions have different events?

Someone start posting laptimes please. I want to know how good or bad I am.

I managed to do a 2:14:xxx around Suzuka in a GTR
Old 7th May 2008, 10:06   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
f40 one? I dont have that. I have an f430 race in the A Class. Do the different versions have different events?

Someone start posting laptimes please. I want to know how good or bad I am.

I managed to do a 2:14:xxx around Suzuka in a GTR
arre theres s class after you finish a class. anyway i fnished the game a couple of days ago. used to do around a 1:44 average at suzuka in the amuse gti s2000.
Old 7th May 2008, 10:28   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
arre theres s class after you finish a class. anyway i fnished the game a couple of days ago. used to do around a 1:44 average at suzuka in the amuse gti s2000.
Im pretty close to finishing A Class and I was so happy that I was almost over with the game.

1:44
Old 7th May 2008, 10:33   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Im pretty close to finishing A Class and I was so happy that I was almost over with the game.

1:44
hey i think it was that. maybe it was 2:04. ill check and post it here.

and if you think that a class was tough wait till you get to s class. youll need the mines skyline, the elise 11r tuned, the ford gt '06, the f40 and the amuse s2000 gti turbo. and see how many attempts some of the races take.lol.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 7th May 2008 at 10:35.
Old 15th May 2008, 17:05   #110
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, just got my GT5 this after noon. Slowly getting used to it. I must say, whatever physics engine they've used for this game sure does work. The cars are tougher to handle compared to GT4. Almost done with C class.

My game came with high speed ring, F40 and Ferrari F1, so is this the latest "spec II" that everyone is talking about or do i need to upgrade something else.

Just one more question, "how in the world do you exit the game"? I see everything on the main menu except "exit".

Shan2nu
Old 15th May 2008, 18:30   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Hey guys, just got my GT5 this after noon. Slowly getting used to it. I must say, whatever physics engine they've used for this game sure does work. The cars are tougher to handle compared to GT4. Almost done with C class.

My game came with high speed ring, F40 and Ferrari F1, so is this the latest "spec II" that everyone is talking about or do i need to upgrade something else.

Just one more question, "how in the world do you exit the game"? I see everything on the main menu except "exit".

Shan2nu
to exit just press the ps button on your control and click exit. lol

even spec 1 versions came with the f40 and high speed ring. connect it to the internet and let it update.
Old 15th May 2008, 19:40   #112
Senior - BHPian

Ok heres another major issue. Even in 1080P mode i can't see enough anti aliasing, the fences, edges of the car etc are a bit jagged. Isn't it supposed to be smooth?

Is there any setup on the PS3 or GT5 that can solve this or does GT5 P have no anti aliasing at all?

Everything i'm using is Sony (PS3, HDMI, LCD TV) so why is this happening?

Shan2nu
Old 15th May 2008, 20:07   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ok heres another major issue. Even in 1080P mode i can't see enough anti aliasing, the fences, edges of the car etc are a bit jagged. Isn't it supposed to be smooth?

Is there any setup on the PS3 or GT5 that can solve this or does GT5 P have no anti aliasing at all?

Shan2nu
ive read in some places that there have been jagged edges. even when i play on 1080i there are some. i guess they will be fixed in gt5.
Old 15th May 2008, 20:38   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Shan2nu
Yeah there are a few issues even with 1080p. Nothing major, though - its just that some things arent so smooth in certain screens.

I noticed a major change when I moved the TV from its pedestal mount to a wall mount - not just on PS3 but on upscaled movies from the DVD player too.

My son is stuck on the B level. He's now busy looking for cheat codes on the net...
Old 15th May 2008, 21:41   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ive read in some places that there have been jagged edges. even when i play on 1080i there are some. i guess they will be fixed in gt5.
i really hope so. I was under the impression GT5P had AA. It would be great if they could give AA as an online update (along with Vehicle Damage).

Quote:
I noticed a major change when I moved the TV from its pedestal mount to a wall mount - not just on PS3 but on upscaled movies from the DVD player too.
Thats prob coz the viewing distance would have changed when you did that. i need to sit a min of 5.5 ft from our 46" screen for the game to look smooth enough.

Quote:
My son is stuck on the B level. He's now busy looking for cheat codes on the net...
Instead of using cheat codes, it would be much better if dad and son sat together on a weekend and got through the prob. He'l feel more satisfied if he completes it this way.

Shan2nu
Old 15th May 2008, 22:11   #116
BHPian

Quote:
..do i need to upgrade something else.
When you pop the DVD in, ps3 automatically determines whether a new update is available or not. You don't have to search manually for any updates.

For automatic update, you have to be connected to internet through "always on" broadband while playing or starting to play.
Old 16th May 2008, 00:32   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When you pop the DVD in, ps3 automatically determines whether a new update is available or not. You don't have to search manually for any updates.
My PS3 is connected via Wifi broadband so it's pretty much enabled all the time.

I did some trial and error and found that a 480P video on a HD ready CRT TV with 50% sharpness and noise reduction disabled gives a much smoother picture than my 1080P LCD. So much for hi def. LOL

I just can't stand an aliased picture so the PS3 will be connected to the 29" CRT until GT5 is launched with anti aliasing.

PS : Just bought the R35. Love the way it powerslides out of corners.

Shan2nu
Old 17th May 2008, 12:20   #118
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, only the F430 stage left in "A" class (waiting for more credits to buy the damn car). Is this the last class or are there any more after this?

I'm playing professional mode with everything disabled. Boy are the RWDs tough to handle. I could barely keep the Corvette Z06 in a straightline, hehe.

Shan2nu
Old 17th May 2008, 13:37   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey guys, only the F430 stage left in "A" class (waiting for more credits to buy the damn car). Is this the last class or are there any more after this?

I'm playing professional mode with everything disabled. Boy are the RWDs tough to handle. I could barely keep the Corvette Z06 in a straightline, hehe.

Shan2nu
theres s class too. you will find that tough.
Old 17th May 2008, 16:03   #120
Senior - BHPian

I think GT5 needs to work on these levels. Even in B and A class there are some races where you struggle just to get on the podium (let alone win).

I just did an online search for S class and found many cribbing that some levels were made a bit too diff, such that you tend to get frustrated instead of enjoying it.

It's looks as if, it's been planned in such a way that most people are kept busy in S class till the actual game is launched next year. LOL

But it's good to have some tough competitions for a change, i sure am gonna enjoy it.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 17th May 2008 at 16:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks