Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2008, 00:58   #121
BANNED

whenever I load the GT5P game, it says Time and Date not set correctly, there is no option in the game menus also to edit this. Any solutions?
Old 19th May 2008, 01:23   #122
Senior - BHPian

I think you need to set it on the playstation.

Shan2nu
Old 23rd May 2008, 20:08   #123
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, anyone playing the gt5 online ranking? I just tried it today with the M3 Coupe , Eiger Nordwand, standard mode, no tuning. My first lap placed me in 475th place. Did a couple of more laps and finally ended with the 74th fastest lap in the world, in the "Car Make" category (as of today).

I downloaded the ghost car of the guy leading the charts to see where i'm losing time. Turns out i'm pretty much next to him in the corners. It's only on the straights and the uphill section that he seems to pull away.

Prob using more power or shorter ratios. It'l be interesting to see what happens when i tune the M3.

BTW, my GT5 online id is "vtecguy".

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 23rd May 2008 at 20:14.
Old 23rd May 2008, 21:29   #124
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE : Now 33rd fastest.

Shan2nu
Old 23rd May 2008, 22:03   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
UPDATE : Now 33rd fastest.

Shan2nu
Woah...exactly how many hours of GT5 do you play at a stretch.... Bro when ever you come down to mumbai do give us a call.. We need to have a gran turismo meet.
Old 24th May 2008, 00:36   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Woah...exactly how many hours of GT5 do you play at a stretch
Thats the key. Never play at a stretch, you end up losing concetration. I played around 10-15 laps to get to the 74th rank and then stopped. I started playing after another 4 hours and within the first 5 laps i was in 33rd place.

I still have another 1.4 secs to make up, to reach the #1 spot. Should be able to do it once i start tuning the M3. If only i can match his straighline/uphill acc, i'l beat him for sure.

PS : I ended up deleting my original "savedata" by mistake and had to start all over again. Have just the F430 race to go in A class. Can't tune the cars until i reach S class.

Quote:
Bro when ever you come down to mumbai do give us a call.. We need to have a gran turismo meet.
Sure....i'm always ready for "Gran Turismo". I'l plan a trip the next time Rehaan comes down to India. He too is really good at GT.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 24th May 2008 at 00:40.
Old 29th September 2008, 14:56   #127
Senior - BHPian

anyone had problems downloading the update for GT5? I just got the game a few days back and everytime I put it on it says there's an update available but after downloading a bit it says an error occurred and I have to start from scratch. I've tried some teb times already.
Apparently this is a fairly common issue - the web is full of posts about it.
Old 29th September 2008, 20:35   #128
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Same issue with the update...wondering if it has something to do with the PS3 update? any suggestions?
Old 30th September 2008, 14:35   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
Same issue with the update...wondering if it has something to do with the PS3 update? any suggestions?
Nitroxx, I was finally able to do it last night. Apparently here is what you need to do: When you load the game and it says there is an update available don't click yes and start to download. Go into the game menu, click on News and the download window will pop up again. The only difference with doing it from inside the game menu is that if the download stops and you restart it then it will resume from the point it left off - although the progress slider still shows it starting from the begining.
Last night, it started downloading really fast and then the error occurred at the 50% mark. I started the download again and it quickly completed the remaining half. The whole process though took something like two hours. It's a big update.
I faced similar error issues with the PS3 update as well. Finally, I gave up trying to do it from the PS3 direct and tried to download it from my computer. After multiple tries and some very slow download speeds from the PS UK site, I got a decent speed on the download and was able to get the update. Then I transferred it to an old MP3 player and used the `Update from storage media' option in the PS3 menu.
That step wasn't without its glitches either. The MP3 player (essentially a USB drive) was formatted in FAT. So the PS3 wouldn't recognize it. I formatted it in FAT32 and then it worked. Remember to put the update file (PS3UPDAT.PUP) in a folder called UPDATE, within a folder called PS3 (in caps) in the root directory of your USB drive i.e. not within any other folder like `documents' etc. The OS update (v2.43) is 130 MB.
Hope this helps.
Old 30th September 2008, 19:02   #130
BHPian

can we get the update from a site online orwe have to do it from the playstation network itself?
Old 30th September 2008, 21:00   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikin_sampat View Post
can we get the update from a site online orwe have to do it from the playstation network itself?
Im assuming you're talking about the GT5 update and not the PS3 system update. The GT% update has to be done from the game using a PS3 connected to the Internet - there is no other way. The lack of options, information and dodgy server connections are what make it so frustrating.

Last edited by StarScream : 30th September 2008 at 21:02.
Old 30th September 2008, 21:22   #132
Senior - BHPian

I need some help guys, which are the better driving wheel available compatible with GT4 and Gt5? I have a PS2, so would be using the wheel with it till i get the PS3.
Old 30th September 2008, 21:27   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
I need some help guys, which are the better driving wheel available compatible with GT4 and Gt5? I have a PS2, so would be using the wheel with it till i get the PS3.
i think the logitech g25 is compatible with both. its a bit pricey but its supposed to be one of the best.
Old 30th September 2008, 21:57   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, need to know if GT4 is easily available in India? I am checking in hyderabad and most retailers are saying it is banned and not available. I need a copy
Old 30th September 2008, 22:08   #135
BHPian

now why would they ban GT4?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks