Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2008, 02:03   #166
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Yup bro, tried everything that you said but no luck...I haven't managed to get any updates going even from the news thingie as you said. It keeps going to the downloading screen and doesn't move at all. I think, I'll play the waiting game with it..I'll leave it on one whole night and see what happens. Thanks. Oh, is there any other ways of getting the GT5 update from somewhere? If you guys come across anything lemme know..
And THIS is what the official site has to say about the updates:

Required hard disc space for the update
The amount of required hard disk space for the update will depend on your current update status. If updating from the one previous version, you will need approximately 108MB, if you are updating for the first time, approximately 2.3GB will be required.

Cautions when downloading
If an error occurs during the download of update data, please retry the download. Data that had been downloaded up to that point is saved, and the download can be resumed. It is possible to resume downloading by:
- Selecting News in “My Page”
or
- Exiting the game with the PS button, and restarting the game.

Reset due to the update
The following content will be reset when the update is applied.
- Ranking
- Arcade time trial and drift trial My records
- Key assignments set in “Option”
- Quick tune settings saved for individual cars

Online event update
With the update, the current online events will also be updated.

Replay data compatibility
Replay data created before the Spec II update, will not be possible to view after this update. Before the update, please check the version information displayed on the lower left within Manual. If it is Version 2.XX.X or later, replay data will still be viewable after the update.

Last edited by nitroxx : 8th October 2008 at 02:12.
Old 8th October 2008, 10:01   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup bro, tried everything that you said but no luck...I haven't managed to get any updates going even from the news thingie as you said. It keeps going to the downloading screen and doesn't move at all. I think, I'll play the waiting game with it..I'll leave it on one whole night and see what happens. Thanks. Oh, is there any other ways of getting the GT5 update from somewhere? If you guys come across anything lemme know..
And THIS is what the official site has to say about the updates:
Check post 138.

BTW, here are some really nice PS3 themes.

Cars/Transportation - Best PS3 Themes - Page 3

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 8th October 2008 at 10:07.
Old 8th October 2008, 16:37   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
Yup bro, tried everything that you said but no luck...I haven't managed to get any updates going even from the news thingie as you said. It keeps going to the downloading screen and doesn't move at all. I think, I'll play the waiting game with it..I'll leave it on one whole night and see what happens. Thanks. Oh, is there any other ways of getting the GT5 update from somewhere? If you guys come across anything lemme know.
Im sorry to hear that - all I can suggest is give it 5 minutes each time it starts to download and if the slider doesn't move then cancel and restart the download. This particular update is a real problem. There is no other way to do it - it has to be done from the game.
Leaving the PS3 on all night may not help if the download keeps failing - retrying the download multiple times over the course of an hour or so may be a better bet. In my case, it suddenly woke up one night. Perhaps I got a better server/connection?? Also, even if the slider didn't move for a while, I knew it was working from the PS3's wifi light, which blinks like crazy when data is being transferred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Check post 138.
Shan2nu, nitroxx is talking about the GT5 update, not the PS3 system update. You can't download and transfer the GT5 update to the PS3 using a pen drive AFAIK.
Old 8th October 2008, 17:53   #169
Senior - BHPian

Iv been trying for a couple of days and managed to get the update today. I think the servers are pretty burdened right now with everyone wanting to get the update.
Old 8th October 2008, 17:55   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
And one more thing, can we create another PS3 account if we want with a different location?
I did the same thing. Now I have two online Ids. One for India and one for the US
Old 8th October 2008, 20:29   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shan2nu, nitroxx is talking about the GT5 update, not the PS3 system update. You can't download and transfer the GT5 update to the PS3 using a pen drive AFAIK.
Ohk, i believe the spec III update is 1.9 GB and here r the details :

- Additional model
3 units below to be added, in all the 74 models
Citroen/GT by Citroen
The Ferrari/Ferrari California
Lotus/[evuora]

●Event (event)
All Event (event) prize increase amount
All Event (the event) readjusting degree of hardness

- Operativity
Wireless controller (the pad) with improving operativity
modifies the car the case where weight improving maneuverability

- Time trial
To abolish the speed limit with penalty, only time invalidly modification

- Drift trial
Grade second look at section
Modification to rolling start

●Option (option)
Adding [the key assign] for player 2

- In addition
Correcting the problem where the steering wheel controller moves when parking
Effective improving the volume balance of sound

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 8th October 2008 at 20:39.
Old 8th October 2008, 20:44   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Required hard disc space for the update
The amount of required hard disk space for the update will depend on your current update status. If updating from the one previous version, you will need approximately 108MB, if you are updating for the first time, approximately 2.3GB will be required.
What do you mean by previous version? My game came with Spec II, does this mean i only need to download the 108MB vesion?

Was there another update between spec II and spec III, coz i rem doing so.

Shan2nu
Old 9th October 2008, 03:01   #173
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Yes Shan2nu thats exactly what it means..If its spec 2 then you've got only 108 MB to download.
Old 9th October 2008, 15:13   #174
BHPian

guys - i just played online all night and made 1 million to buy the citroen gt 08. Its a hydrogen powered car, and it goes like anything - hits 350-400 on daytona easily . only disappointment is there is no engine vroom (is the future of cars). Also I realised as it is a concept car, it is untunable and can only be driven in class a, b, c events and not in s class events or online
Anyways a good car to own in my garage !! even though it does not help me clear s10 which I am currently stuck on.

Last edited by jassi : 9th October 2008 at 15:15.
Old 13th October 2008, 15:18   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I did the same thing. Now I have two online Ids. One for India and one for the US
Ditto - did the same thing over the weekend - created an ID using a Canadian address and credit card (of a relative) and was able to access PSN Canada and download games. Got Wipeout HD, Echochrome and High Velocity Bowling. When I saw the $30 (or was it $40?) price tag of Gran Turismo, I was pleased as punch that I got it free with my PS3. Sony really should get PSN up and running in India. It has a bunch of games for $10.
Old 26th October 2008, 09:07   #176
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone want to start posting times?

I just got the citroen yesterday so I still need a lot more practice.

Gran Turismo 5 (GT5) - PS3-dscn6526.jpg
Old 26th October 2008, 10:59   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone want to start posting times?
No prob but lets take a car that everyone has and a bigger track please. Eiger is a piddly track with barely any technical corners. Suzuka would be ideal for this.

But there might be some issues since spec III has had some handling and traction upgrades. So the handling/traction levels of cars in spec II maynot be the same as that of spec III.

Shan2nu
Old 26th October 2008, 12:01   #178
BHPian

Can these updates be downloaded on the comp and installed off a USB??
If so, a link would be appreciated.
Old 26th October 2008, 18:19   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
has anyone here been able to clear the S10 event. I am just not able to get past top 10 with the ford gt spec II car. No other works it seems, maybe I need to buy that citroen gt car which came in the last update
Same problem here. It's a little too tough.
Old 26th October 2008, 18:21   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
guys - i just played online all night and made 1 million to buy the citroen gt 08. Its a hydrogen powered car, and it goes like anything - hits 350-400 on daytona easily . only disappointment is there is no engine vroom (is the future of cars). Also I realised as it is a concept car, it is untunable and can only be driven in class a, b, c events and not in s class events or online
Anyways a good car to own in my garage !! even though it does not help me clear s10 which I am currently stuck on.
I love the sound that the GT08 makes. It sounds like its about to take off or something. I still have to learn how to drive it properly though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks