Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2008, 19:05   #2971
Senior - BHPian

In US, used these on past:

B&H Photo Video | Digital Cameras, Camcorders

Welcome to Abes of Maine

Among the best sores on US (online as well as offline). But their prices would not be lowest.
Old 26th October 2008, 19:44   #2972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
hey any good trustworthy sites to buy the canon S5 IS from ??

need it urgently

rev
Very tough to get them online now, since they are discontinued. Even if you find one they may be refurbished ones. Actually you can find the S5 IS in India itself. I still urge you to buy the all new Canon SX10 IS Two new Canon Superzooms including first CMOS PowerShot: Digital Photography Review which is the replacement to the S5 IS. The user interface of the SX10 IS will not be very different from the S5 IS. Since you are buying in US its best you buy that, since it will take them some time to arrive in India.
Old 26th October 2008, 20:03   #2973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Very tough to get them online now, since they are discontinued. Even if you find one they may be refurbished ones. Actually you can find the S5 IS in India itself. I still urge you to buy the all new Canon SX10 IS Two new Canon Superzooms including first CMOS PowerShot: Digital Photography Review which is the replacement to the S5 IS. The user interface of the SX10 IS will not be very different from the S5 IS. Since you are buying in US its best you buy that, since it will take them some time to arrive in India.
OK so then could you help me out..

what are the diff between the S5 IS and the SX10 IS.

does the sx10 IS have a variable angle display as in can it be moved all over lik the S5 IS ??

rev
Old 26th October 2008, 20:20   #2974
BHPian

Quote:
does the sx10 IS have a variable angle display as in can it be moved all over lik the S5 IS ??

rev
Since SX10 IS is a new product, I do not know the exact differences. You can look at this link for more answers.

Two new Canon Superzooms including first CMOS PowerShot: Digital Photography Review.

As far as the variable angle display, here is the pic provided on the link I have posted.

Also here is the spec about the variable angle display.

Vari-angle 2.5" TFT
• 230,000 pixels
• Adjustable Brightness
• 100% Coverage
Attached Thumbnails
The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-powershotsx10isfsllcd.jpg  

Old 26th October 2008, 20:45   #2975
BHPian

Before buying the canon SX10 Is from anybody, you can call cruthfield and ask them all the queries about the camera and also the difference between this and s5 IS.

Canon PowerShot SX10 IS 10-megapixel digital camera with 20X optical zoom at Crutchfield.com

Edit: About the lcd screen. Here is what is written on crutchfield.

LCD Monitor: The Canon PowerShot SX10 IS has a 2.5" low-temperature polycrystalline silicon TFT color vari-angle LCD monitor featuring approximately 230,000 pixels. The monitor has a 100% picture coverage. The high-resolution screen offers a crisp, clear picture to make shooting, playback and using the camera's menu functions especially convenient. The vari-angle LCD monitor can be rotated 270-degrees and swiveled 180-degrees so you can take pictures at nearly every angle. It also features Night Display for easy viewing in low light applications. When shooting in dark conditions, the camera automatically brightens the LCD monitor to suit the brightness of the subject, making it easier to frame the subject.

And the detailed info about the camera.

Canon PowerShot SX10 IS 10-megapixel digital camera with 20X optical zoom at Crutchfield.com

One major advantage of the sx10 IS is the unmatchable 20x zoom compared to the 12x zoom of the s5 is.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 26th October 2008 at 21:04.
Old 26th October 2008, 21:06   #2976
Senior - BHPian

all right....yea i saw that bout the zoom wen i was comparing the two...im getting inclined to the SX10 IS....

:-)

rev
Old 27th October 2008, 01:34   #2977
BHPian

Nikon s210

Hello Guys,
I have ordered for a Nikon Coolpix s210 digital camera on crutchfield.com .
I have a Canon Rebel XT DSLR with me.
I am ordering this small Nikon to use in social gatherings where i dont wanna take out my SLR. And having a small digi cam is very handy for taking a snap or 2 in a coffee day instead of using an SLR.
Here is the info:
1. Nikon s210 black --> $139
2. Transcend 4GB memory card ---> $17

Is this a good deal. How is the camera performance indoor and how is the mpeg quality. I know it takes 640/480 pixels.. is it good enough for a decent video?

Cheers
Pramod
Old 27th October 2008, 11:30   #2978
Senior - BHPian

Guys i am a bit confused here since i am not a camera person. I need to get a Cybershot for myself and am at a loss of which one. I have the T1, Canon EOS series, Nikon (old one, dont know the model but looks like the Canon) and a smaller Nikon (new). Now its time to get one for my car. I have short listed the T500,T300,T77 and W300. Could you please tell me which one is better. Thank you.
Old 27th October 2008, 15:15   #2979
Senior - BHPian

any trustworthy sites to buy the canon SX10 IS from ?? ..i want to order it today as i will be reaching the US tom and want it as soon as possible once i reach there...
Old 27th October 2008, 15:18   #2980
Team-BHP Support

newegg, bhphotovideo, amazon(amazon.com not resellers listed on amazon) are a few of the trusted sites I have dealt with
Old 27th October 2008, 17:52   #2981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
newegg, bhphotovideo, amazon(amazon.com not resellers listed on amazon) are a few of the trusted sites I have dealt with
thanx a lot...

rev
Old 27th October 2008, 18:15   #2982
Senior - BHPian

and i jus wanted to find out whats the largest memory card i can use..because on all the sites the recommended accesories shown besides the cam are 4 and 8 GB cards..but i remember reading some where that the max was 4 GB. so im confused.

and whats the difference between the SanDisk 4GB Ultra II SDHC Card and the SanDisk 4GB Standard SDHC Card ?

rev

Last edited by revtech : 27th October 2008 at 18:16.
Old 27th October 2008, 18:38   #2983
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
and i jus wanted to find out whats the largest memory card i can use..because on all the sites the recommended accesories shown besides the cam are 4 and 8 GB cards..but i remember reading some where that the max was 4 GB. so im confused.

and whats the difference between the SanDisk 4GB Ultra II SDHC Card and the SanDisk 4GB Standard SDHC Card ?

rev
If the 8GB card is shown as a standard accessory on sale for a particular cam then chances are pretty high that it works with the cam as well. Check out the manual. Lot of them in PDF format are available on the Net.

The Ultra II card is a high speed card that can write faster than the standard card. Basically, it depends on your style and type of photography. If you are one of those social photographers who click a few group photos once in a while a standard card will do just as well. However if the turnaround time is of importance (that is the time the cam takes to get ready for the next shot since you clicked the last one) then you need a high speed card that can write faster. In fact I believe SanDisk has even faster cards than the Ultra II.
Old 27th October 2008, 19:39   #2984
Senior - BHPian

ok thanx a lot.will look into the 8GB card thing and will also look out for san disk....

rev
Old 28th October 2008, 01:33   #2985
Senior - BHPian

hi

im looking out for memory cards for the SX10 IS and between transcend and sandisk which one is a better option ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks