Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2014, 04:45   #6886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
@Gokrish- I have a PIN lock on my phone screen. I tried many ways out of frustration but the screen was unresponsive in such a situation. Will try out your suggestion. Somehow the problem hasn't cropped up today.

@jaaz- I am running on 7.1.2. IIRC the problem wasn't there in 7.1.1. I guess it has resurfaced recently. Lets hope it gets sorted out soon. The only saving grace is the boot time is far less than my previous Android phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
This might be due to slow response of the the keys. If the above suggestion worked, do a reset of keyboard under Settings-General-Reset
Old 12th July 2014, 13:15   #6887
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

From past few weeks, my iphone 5 shuts down even though there's about ~30 life in battery, when I plug it in, it immediately it starts charging from 20-30% and above. Any suggestions to overcome this issue ?
Old 12th July 2014, 18:39   #6888
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
my iphone 5 shuts down even though there's about ~30 life in battery, when I plug it in, it immediately it starts charging from 20-30% and above
Most likely your battery is gone , If your iphone 5 was from early lot and you are eligible for sleep button recall you can probably get a fresh one else you will have to buy a new battery
Old 12th July 2014, 20:38   #6889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Most likely your battery is gone , If your iphone 5 was from early lot and you are eligible for sleep button recall you can probably get a fresh one else you will have to buy a new battery
Thanks buddy, It was bought in Dec 2012, out of warranty now, can I still get the new one ? Regarding battery I spoke to iService at Kormanagala Bangalore, They are quoting 2.5k for the brand new one, how to check if it original Apple product ?
Old 12th July 2014, 20:41   #6890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
From past few weeks, my iphone 5 shuts down even though there's about ~30 life in battery, when I plug it in, it immediately it starts charging from 20-30% and above. Any suggestions to overcome this issue ?
By any chance, is your iPhone jailbroken ? If yes then I suggest you install BatteryDetective or BatteryLife from Cydia. It will give you some very precise details like what is the actually mAh capacity vis-a-vis the factory capacity. Other details like what is the battery drain and how many cycles the battery has done. You will get these.
My brother complained similarly with his 4S and since his was jailbroken, I installed the app from cydia. It showed that his phone's battery was actually now around 900 mAh (factory capacity is 1430 mAh). We replaced his battery and now it is like 1250 mAh (bought a cheap one from ebay).
Old 12th July 2014, 20:43   #6891
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It was bought in Dec 2012, out of warranty now
Check this link if your phone qualifies for recall , warranty has nothing to do with this recall

https://ssl.apple.com/support/iphone5-sleepwakebutton/

If not then better get new battery from Apple Retailer only - it's about $ 80 so 2,5 K looks cheap - maybe you are not getting genuine stuff

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5136573
Old 12th July 2014, 20:55   #6892
BHPian

Quote:
Check this link if your phone qualifies for recall , warranty has nothing to do with this recall

https://ssl.apple.com/support/iphone5-sleepwakebutton/

If not then better get new battery from Apple Retailer only - it's about $ 80 so 2,5 K looks cheap - maybe you are not getting genuine stuff

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5136573
Thanks Again Mate, My phone does qualify for the recall. I'll take to the authorised service center tomorrow. If that doesnt fix the issue, I'll replace the battery from the Authorised fellow.
Old 12th July 2014, 21:08   #6893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post

You need to 'reset' your battery. Allow your phone to drain down completely and shut down on its own. Charge back to 100% in one go. Doing it in one go is important. Use your phone without charging it till it shuts downs on again. Repeat the full charge procedure. You may have to do this a few time and then your iphone will start reporting the battery percentage accurately.
Old 12th July 2014, 21:16   #6894
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My phone does qualify for the recall. I'll take to the authorised service center tomorrow

No need to discuss any battery thing with service center just ask them that you have troubles in the button occasionally , if you are lucky you should get a new Iphone in 7-10 days !!
Old 12th July 2014, 22:01   #6895
Distinguished - BHPian

I logged in using the Team Bhp App in my iphone5. But am unable to log out from it. I cant find the log out / sign out option. The problem is when ever am not online even then its showing the green dot in my profile. Please help!!!
Old 12th July 2014, 22:28   #6896
BHPian

Quote:
I have been facing a recurring problem with my IP5 since I upgraded to iOS7. The phone hangs while the screen was locked. The usual pattern of occurrence is when the phone is kept in the pocket for long or while it is charging. I can decipher that it has got something to do with heating, probably. Till iOS 7.1, I could pull up the shortcut screen and pull down the notification screen but now, after 7.1.1 even that is not possible.
The only solution is to reboot the phone or if I received a call. Receiving the call 'activates' the screen.

Off-late, I am facing this problem quite often, sometimes even more than once in a day and it is spoiling the whole purpose of the phone. Has any one been facing this problem?
I have been experiencing the same problem recently,read in the apple forums that, activating siri and making a call request and then cancelling it will again unfreeze the lock screen,It has worked for me ,until they find the bug i think this is the best option.Even at the time the lock screen is frozen, if you press the home button ,siri gets activated.Hope this helps.
Old 13th July 2014, 00:10   #6897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
This might be due to slow response of the the keys. If the above suggestion worked, do a reset of keyboard under Settings-General-Reset

The problem recurred tonight and sadly, your solution didn't work. The screen was totally non-responsive. I have removed the PIN lock now and will check if it helps in any way.

Old 13th July 2014, 00:17   #6898
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
I have been experiencing ........Even at the time the lock screen is frozen, if you press the home button ,siri gets activated.Hope this helps.

Yes the trick work but then again I was trying to find a proper solution to the problem. Even if you receive an incoming call while your screen is frozen, the screen gets activated and the phone is back to normal.

Old 13th July 2014, 10:07   #6899
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the trick work but then again I was trying to find a proper solution to the problem. Even if you receive an incoming call while your screen is frozen, the screen gets activated and the phone is back to normal.

As a last resort, I would suggest you to restore your iPhone using iTunes once and see if it fixes the problems.
Old 13th July 2014, 19:42   #6900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque!! View Post
You need to 'reset' your battery. Allow your phone to drain down completely and shut down on its own. Charge back to 100% in one go. Doing it in one go is important. Use your phone without charging it till it shuts downs on again. Repeat the full charge procedure. You may have to do this a few time and then your iphone will start reporting the battery percentage accurately.
Thanks Buddy, I had tried this a few times and that didnt work.

Quote:
No need to discuss any battery thing with service center just ask them that you have troubles in the button occasionally , if you are lucky you should get a new Iphone in 7-10 days !!
Sure thing buddy, I gave my phone to the apple service center today. Told him the issue is with power button since last 2-3 mnths, he accepted it for replacement/service, no questions asked except if the phone was bought in India or not. Fingers crossed for new iPhone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks