Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2014, 22:12   #6976
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
You jailbreak using a aoftware. No need to take it to any professional. You can do it yourself. I jailbroke my iPhone by myself. And before iPhone when I was using android I had rooted my android phone as well. I have cleared my inbox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebfg View Post
About warranty, if you backup before JBing, then you can restore your iPhone to the non JB iOS 7, so you can still claim warranty. But I understand that concern, I was just as paranoid as you in the beginning, but don't worry you'll get over it. You can use Pangu to JB it
Cheers!
Thank you friends. I will be surely considering JB'ing it once I get comfortable with the new phone!

Thanks a lot!
Regards,
Saket
Old 29th August 2014, 10:50   #6977
Team-BHP Support

Finally Apple announcement for the new device underway. Happening on Sep 9. Apple has started sending invites.

http://tech.firstpost.com/news-analy...ce=top_stories
Old 29th August 2014, 23:45   #6978
Senior - BHPian

Apple CarPlay - looks promising.
Old 1st September 2014, 11:35   #6979
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone noticed that the notifications in IOS 7.1.2 do not show your all-day events scheduled for today. Quite funny that it will show that you have an event scheduled for tomorrow, but come tomorrow and it says that there are no events today!
Old 1st September 2014, 12:06   #6980
BHPian

Anyone here using iPhone 5 with BSNL 3G in Bangalore?

If yes, please let me know how the whole bundle works. I have had this combination for almost an year now and I still can't figure out the problem.

The symptom: at times shows a full bar for the coverage (both E or 3G). However no data connections are possible (email, browser, apps etc doesn't work). Restarting (soft & hard) doesn't bring about any change. However starts working fine at random (of course, only when its really not required ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Apple CarPlay - looks promising.
I hope those marques listed as supporting this tech offers them in India, particularly Hyundai

Last edited by vinjosep : 1st September 2014 at 12:08.
Old 3rd September 2014, 23:43   #6981
Senior - BHPian

I recently read in NDTV gadgets that Apple is offering a battery replacement for Select iPhone 5 customers based on the serial number. The new mentions that Apple's website has a link where you can key in your serial number and check if your device is eligible for such a replacement, but I cannot see any such link in Apple's website.

Any experiences?
Old 4th September 2014, 15:39   #6982
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't know if its discussed or is a common information but the iPhone 6 may see the following specs:

General:
Operating Frequency
GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
UMTS: 850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz
SIM Type Single SIM
SIM Size Nano SIM
Processor 2 GHz Dual Core
Chipset Apple A8
Operating System iOS
OS Version v8
Sensors Fingerprint Sensor, Compass, Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor, Gyro-sensor
Dimensions 13.0 x 6.5 x 0.7 cm
Weight 113 g

Display:
Screen Size NA
Screen Type IPS LCD
Resolution 960 x 1704 Pixels
Colour Depth 16 M
Other Display Features LED Backlit, Capacitive Touch, Shatter Proof Sapphire Crystal Glass, Oleophobic Coating, Water Resistant, Multi-touch

Camera:
Primary 8 MP
Secondary Yes
Flash Dual LED
Video Recording Yes @1080p
Other Camera Features Auto Focus, Touch Focus, Geo-tagging, Face Detection, HDR Panorama, HDR Photo

Memory:
RAM 2 GB
Internal Memory 16 GB
Expandable Memory No

Connectivity:
Browser HTML (Safari)
GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes
3G
HSDPA+: 42 Mbps
HSDPA: 21 Mbps
HSUPA: 5.76 Mbps
4G LTE: 150 Mbps
WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band with Wi-Fi Hotspot
Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP Supported Profiles
USB v2.0
NFC Yes
Navigation GPS & A-GPS with GLONASS

Battery Capacity 1850 mAh
Old 4th September 2014, 16:56   #6983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Don't know if its discussed or is a common information but the iPhone 6 may see the following specs:
Among many viral informations and speculations a video published to YouTube on Monday by Russia-based YouTube user Rozetked claims to show the new iPhone 6. Unlike some other leaked images and videos that have surfaced on the Web, this one (watch below) shows what appears to be a fully assembled iPhone 6 next to a current iPhone 5S. Although the video's accuracy cannot be confirmed, it's arguably the best video so far showing the rumored iPhone 6.

LINK

Cheers!
Old 8th September 2014, 09:58   #6984
BHPian

My dad is using a Motorola X for the last few months and he doesn't like Android much. He wants to shift to iPhone. He is interested only in the 5S. It's going for between 37-39k on Flipkart & Amazon. He doesn't want to spend more than this nor wait for the India release of the iPhone 6.
Is it possible that the price of the 5s may fall further with the iPhone 6 releasing tomorrow? I guess the recent price cuts in the last 1-2months are to make way for the new iPhone. Should we wait a week or so, or go in for it?

ps- There are some nasty nasty comments on Flipkart about shipping unsealed phones.
Old 8th September 2014, 10:20   #6985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
My dad is using a Motorola X for the last few months and he doesn't like Android much. He wants to shift to iPhone. He is interested only in the 5S. It's going for between 37-39k on Flipkart & Amazon. He doesn't want to spend more than this nor wait for the India release of the iPhone 6.
Is it possible that the price of the 5s may fall further with the iPhone 6 releasing tomorrow? I guess the recent price cuts in the last 1-2months are to make way for the new iPhone. Should we wait a week or so, or go in for it?

ps- There are some nasty nasty comments on Flipkart about shipping unsealed phones.
For sure iPhone 5s price will come down further, but that said it may take at-least few more months in India. Though the phone will be unveiled tomorrow it will be available for sale in US approximately two weeks from now. Usually Apple will wait for the market response and stagger the launches in other countries as always India will be on the bottom of the priority list, hence it is safe to assume 2 ~ 3 months for launch in India.

Cheers!
Old 8th September 2014, 10:30   #6986
Team-BHP Support

So i guess this is the new iphone 6 4.7" model.

http://www.iclarified.com/43670/leng...iphone-6-watch
Old 8th September 2014, 11:05   #6987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
So i guess this is the new iphone 6 4.7" model.

http://www.iclarified.com/43670/leng...iphone-6-watch
i like this one better

http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-iphon...ands-on-video/
Old 9th September 2014, 16:44   #6988
BHPian

The new contacts that are added in My iPhone 5C does not get sync with Gmail account. Anything that i am missing or it does not sync contacts from iPhone to gmail like it does in Android.

Please help

Last edited by driving_smartly : 9th September 2014 at 16:51.
Old 9th September 2014, 17:50   #6989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
The new contacts that are added in My iPhone 5C does not get sync with Gmail account. Anything that i am missing or it does not sync contacts from iPhone to gmail like it does in Android.

Please help
Not sure why it would not work, had worked for me. Later however I switched to iCloud to sync my contacts.
Old 9th September 2014, 18:18   #6990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Not sure why it would not work, had worked for me. Later however I switched to iCloud to sync my contacts.
Thanks @ IronH4WK

I am also using a windows phone which is my secondary phone so my preference is gmail as it also sync contacts with windows phone.

At present i manually add contacts in both the devices and the contact added on windows phone gets sycned with my gmail account

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks