Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2014, 11:35   #7411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
In settings -> sounds, check if vibrate on ring is on and vibrate on silent is on.

Else try a force restart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Anil, I believe you would have already checked the option under Settings-> Sound -> Vibrate on Ring.

If this is turned on, and you have also tried the usual Restart of the iPhone, as well as the Hard reset using the Home + button on the top, then try Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings.

If this doesn't work, then iOS reinstall is what you are looking at.

This is what I got in Settings. The phone don't vibrate when a call comes.

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1416549932.690751.jpg
Old 21st November 2014, 11:52   #7412
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
This is what I got in Settings. The phone don't vibrate when a call comes.
From your second image above, go to Ringtone under "SOUNDS AND VIBRATION PATTERNS" and check if Vibration is set to None.
Old 21st November 2014, 11:53   #7413
Senior - BHPian

Did you try changing your ringtone? Check with the default ringtone!
Old 21st November 2014, 13:00   #7414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
From your second image above, go to Ringtone under "SOUNDS AND VIBRATION PATTERNS" and check if Vibration is set to None.
that was it!

it was set to None, which i have no idea why or how coz i had not changed the settings since i bought the phone two months back.

thank mate
Old 29th November 2014, 21:29   #7415
Senior - BHPian

Guys help me out with this.

I am trying to source a IP6 (16GB) from USA. The following are my options:

1. Get the unlocked version for $690 and use it in India. I dont think there will be any issues. I guess I will miss out on 4G but that's oKay with me.
Cost= INR 43000 Approx.

2. My sister stays in US. She was thinking of getting the phone on contract paying $199 upfront and then taking the sim card out and sending me the phone. However, She will continue to pay the monthly contract for 24 months. This is also coming to approximately $690.

My question is will the phone bought with the 2nd option work in India? The apple store guys in US say it will. You just take out the sim and put in any other sim to make it work. I am not very sure about this. Although logic says it should since you can continue to pay the monthly rental. This sound identical to the scheme Reliance came out with when Apple launched the IP5C and 5S.

Help me out.

Last edited by Pancham : 29th November 2014 at 21:31.
Old 30th November 2014, 00:21   #7416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post

I am trying to source a IP6 (16GB) from USA.

My question is will the phone bought with the 2nd option work in India? The apple store guys in US say it will. You just take out the sim and put in any other sim to make it work.

Help me out.
The 1st Option is the Best. Buy an Unlocked Version @ $649+Tax and You might get Warranty in India. Also, you're getting a Discount of $ 100/- right now and up to Monday in various stores. So, you're net purchase amount comes down to $ 549 + Tax. See that you buy the AT&T Version. Americans don't understand GSM & CDMA. They know the Major Carriers of GSM as AT&T and CDMA as Verizon.

For your Second Option - The SIM will be Carrier Locked and sometimes even Number Locked. So you might have to Jail Break it to work with other SIM Cards. And spending Full Amount, Why do you want to Jail Break ?

So, the 1st Option is the Best.
Old 30th November 2014, 07:16   #7417
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

I am trying to source a IP6 (16GB) from USA. The following are my options:

1. Get the unlocked version for $690 and use it in India. I dont think there will be any issues. I guess I will miss out on 4G but that's oKay with me.
Cost= INR 43000 Approx.

2. My sister stays in US. She was thinking of getting the phone on contract paying $199 upfront and then taking the sim card out and sending me the phone. However, She will continue to pay the monthly contract for 24 months. This is also coming to approximately $690.

My question is will the phone bought with the 2nd option work in India? The apple store guys in US say it will. You just take out the sim and put in any other sim to make it work. I am not very sure about this. Although logic says it should since you can continue to pay the monthly rental. This sound identical to the scheme Reliance came out with when Apple launched the IP5C and 5S.

Help me out.

It's always better to source a factory unlocked version. Please avoid the second option since you actually don't end up saving anything!
Old 30th November 2014, 11:18   #7418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
The 1st Option is the Best. Buy an Unlocked Version @ $649+Tax and You might get Warranty in India. Also, you're getting a Discount of $ 100/- right now and up to Monday in various stores. So, you're net purchase amount comes down to $ 549 + Tax. See that you buy the AT&T Version. Americans don't understand GSM & CDMA. They know the Major Carriers of GSM as AT&T and CDMA as Verizon.

For your Second Option - The SIM will be Carrier Locked and sometimes even Number Locked. So you might have to Jail Break it to work with other SIM Cards. And spending Full Amount, Why do you want to Jail Break ?

$100 discount?? Where? My sister lives in Boston. I heard Apple do not have any offers for Black Friday.
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
It's always better to source a factory unlocked version. Please avoid the second option since you actually don't end up saving anything!
Thanks a lot.
Old 30th November 2014, 13:46   #7419
Senior - BHPian

That's probably a Cyber Monday deal. There were Black Friday deals on selected Apple merchandise.

Quote:
$100 discount?? Where? My sister lives in Boston. I heard Apple do not have any offers for Black Friday.
Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot.
Old 30th November 2014, 13:54   #7420
BHPian

If you have anyone in UAE souq.ae had a deal for 2400 AED for the iPhone 6.
Old 30th November 2014, 13:54   #7421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post

agreed, buy AT&T or T-mobile versions.

2nd option may still be network locked for a few months initially unless she says that she is traveling overseas and needs it here. that's too messy and not worth it.
Old 30th November 2014, 14:16   #7422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
That's probably a Cyber Monday deal. There were Black Friday deals on selected Apple merchandise.
You its a Cyber Monday deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
Nope no one in UAE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
agreed, buy AT&T or T-mobile versions.

2nd option may still be network locked for a few months initially unless she says that she is traveling overseas and needs it here. that's too messy and not worth it.
I think unlocked phones are T-Mobile versions only. Thats what is apparent from the apple website.
Old 30th November 2014, 14:51   #7423
BHPian

If I can contribute here, better to buy a 6 or 6+ from the iOS/Android app Paytm. Apply coupon code A9K. You get 9,000 cash back (cash back can be used to pay utility bills). Effective price ₹53,500-₹9,000=₹44,500 with Peace of mind Indian Warranty. My two cents.
Old 30th November 2014, 15:01   #7424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
IIRC, didn't then iPhones from Dubai come with FaceTime locked?
Old 30th November 2014, 23:38   #7425
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
If I can contribute here, better to buy a 6 or 6+ from the iOS/Android app Paytm. Apply coupon code A9K. You get 9,000 cash back (cash back can be used to pay utility bills). Effective price ₹53,500-₹9,000=₹44,500 with Peace of mind Indian Warranty. My two cents.

There is no cash back applicable on iPhone 6. Offer is valid for only 5S and lower models. Also iPhone 6 is listed at a whopping 55k on Paytm

Most Viewed