Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2015, 15:52   #7786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Has anyone bought iPhone from Flipkart/Amazon and has Apple service centre accepted their phone for repairs, etc?
I bought a 5S from Flipkart for my wife in April 2014 and when it just conked off Apple India replaced the handset without any issues. We just went about registering the phone after purchase and the warranty claim was by lodging a complaint through the apple helpline. We did not face any issues at all. I guess the position remains the same even now.
Old 24th June 2015, 16:14   #7787
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Has anyone bought iPhone from Flipkart/Amazon and has Apple service centre accepted their phone for repairs, etc?
I bought my iPhone 6+ on PayTM 6 months ago, I had a display issue after a month, phone was replaced by Apple service center immediately. The sellers on Flipkart/Amazon are also authorized apple resellers, just not for online sale. Silly technicality.
Old 24th June 2015, 16:37   #7788
BHPian

2 months back, switched over from One fruit to another - Blackberry to Apple. Loving the experience of iPhone 5s.
With regard to service, I heard this news - the authorized service and warranty in India will be given only for phones made for India. Apparently, this can be figured out from the EMEI number. So this means, if one gets a phone from the US, he / she may not be able to utilize the service / warranty in India.

Can someone please validate if this is right.
Old 24th June 2015, 17:13   #7789
AWD
BHPian

Ive heard you get warranty for iphone global models also, the IMEI staring form 3 or so maybe. Btw my friends have availed full warranty for imported iphones also.
Old 24th June 2015, 19:01   #7790
BHPian

Now iPhone joins the battery blast bandwagon:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/47789875.cms

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Apple...injury_id70773

Happened one day ago when a man was talking on his iPhone6 in Gurgaon..

Name:  ix.png
Views: 865
Size:  137.6 KB

Name:  apple12.png
Views: 894
Size:  273.0 KB

The iPhone Thread-iphone6explodes.jpg
Old 25th June 2015, 09:01   #7791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Now iPhone joins the battery blast bandwagon:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/47789875.cms

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Apple...injury_id70773

Happened one day ago when a man was talking on his iPhone6 in Gurgaon..

Attachment 1385649

Attachment 1385651

Attachment 1385650
Oh My God

But I always take these news with a bucket of salt. I am not sure how authentic this news is.
Old 25th June 2015, 09:37   #7792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Oh My God

But I always take these news with a bucket of salt. I am not sure how authentic this news is.
One doesn't file case in the court for small thing like a phone without having enough and strong evident.
Old 25th June 2015, 12:57   #7793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
One doesn't file case in the court for small thing like a phone without having enough and strong evident.
Since when is that a necessity to file a case? Strong and sufficient evidence is necessary to win a case. This one looks like a vehicle ran over the phone.
Old 26th June 2015, 10:13   #7794
Senior - BHPian

It was time for change. After living with a Motorolo Atrix 2 for 3 years, I took the plunge and got myself an Apple iPhone 6. My first Apple product. There was a lot of hesitation. To spend or not to spend, a lot, on a new phone. After 3 years on Android and after experiencing a Moto G2, I was unable to find value at the top end of the Android chain. If it had to be Android, then it had to be another Moto G and nothing else. Wife uses a Moto and is very happy with it. In my opinion, it is the best budget Android smart phone ever. Then again, two of the same phones is boring. Other than Samsung's new S6 series, almost every other top end Android phone is running with a flawed chip. After I heard the price of the curved S6 at an Airtel store, that was it. The timing could not have been better. Flipkart had their App day going on with an extra Rs. 1000 off on the iPhone 6 16gb. I hit the buy button after reading through this highly detailed review.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8554/the-iphone-6-review

FK was at their usual best, phone was delivered in 3 days. For some reason, it took a lot longer than usual considering the phone was stocked by them. I received a Moto G2 order in less than 8 hours from purchase time, without opting for priority delivery. I was monitoring the shipping process which did not move for 2 days. Then on the third day, from the moment it said shipped, it reached my house in less than 4 hours. Incredible.

My Atrix2 uses a standard full size sim, so I went to the closest Airtel office to get a nano sim. A 5 minute process. I was told the new sim will be activated in half an hour and left the store. Nothing happened. I am still using my Motorola. I popped the inactive sim in to my new iPhone only to find the phone freezing at language selection stage. The phone indicated no service on the new sim. I had to hold down Sleep/Wake button and Menu together to power down the phone. Before getting the new nano sim card, I could not contain the excitement of a new phone, that too an iPhone so powered it up and got one step further to hooking up wifi and that was it. It said a sim was required to go further. Does the phone behave this way without a working sim?
Old 26th June 2015, 10:20   #7795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
My Atrix2 uses a standard full size sim, so I went to the closest Airtel office to get a nano sim. A 5 minute process. I was told the new sim will be activated in half an hour and left the store. Nothing happened. I am still using my Motorola. I popped the inactive sim in to my new iPhone only to find the phone freezing at language selection stage. The phone indicated no service on the new sim. I had to hold down Sleep/Wake button and Menu together to power down the phone. Before getting the new nano sim card, I could not contain the excitement of a new phone, that too an iPhone so powered it up and got one step further to hooking up wifi and that was it. It said a sim was required to go further. Does the phone behave this way without a working sim?
Yes the iPhone needs a SIM to be activated the first time, else it wont work even on WiFi. So now did you get your phone activated or not?
Old 26th June 2015, 10:23   #7796
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Yes the iPhone needs a SIM to be activated the first time, else it wont work even on WiFi. So now did you get your phone activated or not?
You can activate over wifi as long as there is a sim card in. I have done that, basically it needs internet to connect to apple server so when sim is un-activated, wifi connection will help.

EDIT: Even without sim also

Last edited by Jaggu : 26th June 2015 at 10:28.
Old 26th June 2015, 10:48   #7797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Even without sim also
That video is a pretty neat hack to getting around the phone without a sim/working sim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
So now did you get your phone activated or not?
Not yet. I need to visit the store that issued the sim, which is located where I live, as advised by the customer care. Will be doing this in the evening.
Old 26th June 2015, 10:49   #7798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
You can activate over wifi as long as there is a sim card in. I have done that, basically it needs internet to connect to apple server so when sim is un-activated, wifi connection will help.

EDIT: Even without sim also https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=ScxWcpab1I4
Interesting! We were NOT able to do this when I got my iPhone 6+ tried both at home & office WiFi network, had to wait for a day to get it activated with SIM.
Old 26th June 2015, 10:57   #7799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I was told the new sim will be activated in half an hour and left the store. Nothing happened.
Try this
SMS SIM <20 digit new SIM number> from your existing airtel connection to 121.
This worked for me and in 10 minutes my new SIM was working and old one (though it shows bars) will be deactivated.
Old 26th June 2015, 11:04   #7800
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been using an iP 5 since the last 2 years. Off late the charging port seems loose and does charge only when the phone is kept in a certain position. I intended to use the phone for another year at least as it is otherwise working flawlessly. Now, can anyone suggest what could be the repair cost of the phone and whether it is worth repairing (locally or authorized service?) or replace as and when it stops working?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks