Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2016, 09:33   #8941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Frankly, while you are completely reasonable in your perspective - you are not the user Apple is selling to. It does not sell on features like the list above, and never will. It introduces features on its own timing - all you can trust is that as and when it'll be introduced, it'll *just work* (like Apple pay).

It sells on reliable performance (whether on day 1 or day 1500) and on a pretty awesome level of experience (whether camera or battery - neither is a segment topper, but the overall package is compelling).

Why else would the 6s pack a *smaller* battery than the 6?
I think they had to use a smaller battery to accommodate the 3D touch hardware. Otherwise wouldn't apple customers appreciate longer battery life? It's nice that they were able to optimize the OS/Chip to consume less power but why reduce the size of the battery. As a customer I would be more happy with a bigger battery.

Last edited by GTO : 1st June 2016 at 11:14. Reason: Do NOT post in a rude manner on Team-BHP
Old 31st May 2016, 09:43   #8942
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_bhp View Post
You ------SNIP------everyday.
Why are you berating people on the Iphone thread? This argument has been done many times across the web, and here as well, till the mods had to step in.

I wouldnt touch and Iphone with a bargepole, but If I had to recommend a full bells and whistles phone, with easy to use functionality, and consistent performance throughout and forever, I would enforce an Iphone. Disregarding "itunes". My Z1 gave me inconsistent pictures depending on the time of day, from Simply brilliant to just average . My wife's 2012 IP4 gave consistently good shots throughout the day. Her battery lasted better too. Price, Memory, etc were an issue, but the IP IS more consistent, that cant be denied.
But would I pick one anytime? no.
Would she? At the drop of a hat!
Thats the way it is. All your bases have already been argued over.

Last edited by mayankk : 31st May 2016 at 09:44.
Old 31st May 2016, 10:05   #8943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Why are you berating people on the Iphone thread? This argument has been done many times across the web, and here as well, till the mods had to step in.

I wouldnt touch and Iphone with a bargepole, but If I had to recommend a full bells and whistles phone, with easy to use functionality, and consistent performance throughout and forever, I would enforce an Iphone. Disregarding "itunes". My Z1 gave me inconsistent pictures depending on the time of day, from Simply brilliant to just average . My wife's 2012 IP4 gave consistently good shots throughout the day. Her battery lasted better too. Price, Memory, etc were an issue, but the IP IS more consistent, that cant be denied.
But would I pick one anytime? no.
Would she? At the drop of a hat!
Thats the way it is. All your bases have already been argued over.
I'm not here to berate anyone mayankk. Just trying to say I've had a better experience with Android phones which were as consistent as an iPhone for less money and with more features.
Old 31st May 2016, 10:38   #8944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not here to berate anyone mayankk. Just trying to say I've had a better experience with Android phones which were as consistent as an iPhone for less money and with more features.
Well, congratulations in that case.

I may sound rude but I have news for you - it doesn't belong on this thread. We're bored of it. Every such point has already been done to death. Continued discussion on your angles (which are completely reasonable by itself, mind you) has no place on this thread.

This thread is for iPhone users or for those considering one. You're wasting airtime with these follow up posts - everyone got your perspective in the first post itself. Let's keep the thread on topic, buddy.

@coolsunny: Yes and no. You get irctc and even the ntes train enquiry app etc but you don't get the UTS app for platform ticket booking or other smaller things. Point is that India is a 95% (pick your number >90%) android market and hence all sarkari or small scale apps are android-first. but that doesn't hinder most of us folks' lives.

PS: I know how great android is - I just bought a Redmi Note 3 for myself and G4+ (for MIL). I'm just out of patience for debate on the topics you bring up, as many others are.

Last edited by phamilyman : 31st May 2016 at 10:40.
Old 31st May 2016, 10:42   #8945
BHPian

Quote:
Let me tell you my experience Navin. I used to be a die hard android fan and apple hater. Usually switched phones once a year when the new flagships came out, but after a lot of convincing by my friends, switched to an iPhone 6 a little more than 1.5 years ago. I didn't want to accept it, but the iPhone was winning me over! Yes, it does not have fast charging but it used to take me only 1.5 hours to get from 0 - 90+ percent. And the phone can do EVERYTHING that an android phone can do for a regular user. Things like apple music made the experience so much easier for me, since all my songs were in one app which isn't the case with android. And sorry, I'm too lazy to address the other issues you've pointed out since I'm on the phone now, will get on the computer later and reply to them. Yes it does not have wireless charging, but is it actually a necessity?
BTW I got myself an S7 edge a few days back and even though it has countless features, I've ended up disabling most them cause they're not really that necessary. Most of my apps are on the home screen now cause iOS spoiled me. Switched between a few themes and now I'm tired of searching. People say "oooh iPhones are only for show off" or "oooh only spoilt rich kids have iPhones" and I think thats complete bulls**t. Haters gonna hate. What the apple does, it does well. For example the keyboard is so simple and functional. It took me no time to get used to it when a switched from android but I'm still not fully used to the Samsung one.
So to conclude, I have to say that Apple or Android depends on what a user wants from his/her phone. If they want a simple phone that just works and does everything it does well, it's the iPhone. If they want a phone that does LOADS of things but not everything seamlessly, you pick an android. It's that simple!
Old 31st May 2016, 11:09   #8946
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolsunny View Post
A question to long time IOS users india:

Do apps for Indian service providers, banks or government service related apps are available on iOS? Or these guys just launch the Android apps.
I have HDFC Bank, HDFC Sec and they work perfectly on 9.3.2.
Old 31st May 2016, 11:48   #8947
Senior - BHPian

Got another iPhone 5S 16GB.

The iPhone 5S is one of the best buys IMO.

The price is very pocket friendly at 22K INR at apple store, Kolkata.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-1464675311617.jpg  

Old 31st May 2016, 16:19   #8948

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I have HDFC Bank, HDFC Sec and they work perfectly on 9.3.2.
Does your electricity provider have an iOS app or local municipal body. I am talking about all these and government bank/LIC etc. Any experience?

Last edited by ampere : 1st June 2016 at 07:12. Reason: Fixed typos
Old 31st May 2016, 16:37   #8949
BHPian

Quote:
I think they had to use a smaller battery to accommodate the 3D touch hardware. Otherwise wouldn't apple customers appreciate longer battery life? It's nice that they were able to optimize the OS/Chip to consume less power but why reduce the size of the battery. As a customer I would be more happy with a bigger battery.
Probably because they never wanted to compromise on the form factor. Space saving for the new hardware. However, it didn't decrease the battery life of 6S.
Old 31st May 2016, 17:31   #8950
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Hii guys have been following the thread for a while. It's really surprising to note all the apple bashing happening here. Gentlemen please at least read the name of the thread which says the iPhone thread and not the apple / ios bashing thread. I'm sure all these comments will be well appreciated in the Android thread but definitely not here. Many of us have invested hard earned money and lots of it on a very high quality product which totally justifies the cost. The fact that most apple users would rather buy an additional iPhone in spite of the costs is a testament to that. All those additional gimmicks on the androids are just that - gimmicks and of new use once the novelty factor wears off.I have used android for few years waiting for a larger screen which apple didn't have at the time. I picked up the iPhone 6 plus on the second day of the india launch and haven't looked back. If no constructive content can be put forth please avoid the unnecessary anti-apple comments on this thread at least.
Thanks
P.S - An iPhone is an iPhone

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 31st May 2016 at 17:32.
Old 31st May 2016, 18:48   #8951
BHPian

Guys, While I appreciate everyone's views in the thread. I just get offended when someone uses a "Do you even know this" argument. I'm not a Apple or iPhone hater. Just a disappointed owner of a iPhone 6 plus. I have not followed this thread ever before but once in a while I'll try to switch to iPhone and go back to Android. I've learnt a lot of tricks every time I switch but "to me" the phone still doesn't have enough features to match the price. I've spent my hard earned money too and what's wrong in expecting more features. I own a 12" MacBook and its amazing what it can do. Is it overpriced? heck yeah! I paid 1499$ for it. I wanted the thinnest laptop with great battery life to carry with me during travel to browse internet and watch You tube. There was nothing in the market that could do the same in that size. But its not the same case with iPhone - Don't get mad at me.. its just my view. I could do everything I intend to do on a Droid maxx, turbo and now turbo 2 for way less money. I posted in this thread to see what other's think about my view. Everyone here tries to justify the high price paid for their phone while I could not. Nobody mention's what doesn't work on Android. Which feature is a gimmick? The latest android phones do everything well and packs so many cool features but as an iPhone user you guys wont get excited about it?
Old 31st May 2016, 19:09   #8952
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Ok, lets put it in simple words. There is nothing the iphone can do, that an android cannot.
The major difference, i feel is the reliability.
An iphone is like a toyota in India. Overpriced and underfeatured, but whatever it does, it does perfectly.

Ive had android devices freeze and force close on me right in the middle of something important, but this has not happened on the iphone. Also, for mac users like me, the handoff features, call and message forwarding to the mac works extremely well.

I am a very impatient person, and lags, freezes and force closes are something i cannot handle, and that is the only reason i use an iphone, period.
Before people jump in and say that android has improved, i still have android devices in the family, infact my last daily use phone was the beautiful htc one m7 i bought at launch. Ive used the note 5 for 2 days before i handed it over to my sister. It just doesnt work for me

I agree, androids can do much more.
So at the end of the day, TO EACH, HIS OWN.

Last edited by kkkkkaran : 31st May 2016 at 19:11.
Old 31st May 2016, 20:38   #8953
BHPian

These so called feature rich phones are just a distraction and not at all exciting because in a few days their use will be reduced to a minimum. An iPhone on the other hand may it be any model will always have that reliability smooth platform and is an absolute bang for the buck.My iPod from 2011 is still rocking like it was bought yesterday. The ipad air I use with the new ios is even better than before. The closed ecosystem, feature rich and high quality apps definitely help. Not to mention the exemplary after sales support. The specs too comparatively on android are just numbers. I don't deny the physics of it, just that in the end performance is what matters and that's where the iPhone trumps.
Cheers

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 31st May 2016 at 20:41.
Old 31st May 2016, 20:59   #8954
BHPian

what is the feature that distracted you.
Old 31st May 2016, 21:03   #8955
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Distraction to buyers from the other flaws of the Android platform and the bloated software like Touch Wizard to name a few.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd June 2016 at 07:06. Reason: Smileys

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks