Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2017, 11:37   #10561
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

I am getting an I phone 7 for 34.5k after exchanging my 2nd gen Moto G on flipkart. That too on 3/6/9 interest free EMI. Is it a good deal.
Old 26th October 2017, 11:52   #10562
Team-BHP Support

Some issue with iOS. I've noticed this for a few weeks on two 5s's and my 6.

Every time I update an app (be it over wifi or data), it gets updated completely (as per the Apple Store) but the app isn't actually updated.

And then, within a few minutes, the app shows up again for an update. It's the second time that it is actually updated.
Old 26th October 2017, 11:58   #10563
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Every time I update an app (be it over wifi or data), it gets updated completely (as per the Apple Store) but the app isn't actually updated.

And then, within a few minutes, the app shows up again for an update. It's the second time that it is actually updated.
Try logging out of the app store, kill the app and restart device. Login again to appstore and see if the issue is resolved. Sometimes logging out and in into icloud account also helps. Usually such random issues pop up, which my guess is mostly to do with the apple logins.
Old 26th October 2017, 12:42   #10564
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Try logging out of the app store, kill the app and restart device. Login again to appstore and see if the issue is resolved. Sometimes logging out and in into icloud account also helps. Usually such random issues pop up, which my guess is mostly to do with the apple logins.
Tried this: logout/login from Apple ID and iCloud. Happened again. Updated the HDFC Bank app; opened it and when I checked Apple Store, it showed up for an update again!
Old 26th October 2017, 14:09   #10565
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Tried this: logout/login from Apple ID and iCloud. Happened again. Updated the HDFC Bank app; opened it and when I checked Apple Store, it showed up for an update again!
Would you have two apple id's by any chance? I had this issue with Mac where i had two id's and app's downloaded from older id would not update and pop up again.
Old 26th October 2017, 15:04   #10566
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Would you have two apple id's by any chance? I had this issue with Mac where i had two id's and app's downloaded from older id would not update and pop up again.
No, just one Apple ID. I use it on my iPhone and the Mac.

I'm inclined it is something to do with iOS than my phone/Apple ID because I experienced the same thing on my wife and father's 5s.
Old 26th October 2017, 15:30   #10567
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm inclined it is something to do with iOS than my phone/Apple ID because I experienced the same thing on my wife and father's 5s.
Ok beats me, try searching in mac forums if something has been reported. No issues with my devices so far.
Old 26th October 2017, 15:32   #10568
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No, just one Apple ID. I use it on my iPhone and the Mac.

I have a 5s at home, updated to the latest iOS; have not faced this problem
Old 27th October 2017, 11:46   #10569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Uploading a custom ringtone on iPhone is so damn complicated, if not impossible! No wonder most of the iPhones users have same factory ringtone

My iTunes is not showing "convert to AAC" option no matter what I do. So custom ringtone is impossible so far. Sick of this idiotic unnecessary controlling by Apple.
This has never been an issue for me. I usually cut the ringtone part from a MP3 (< 40s) and save it in M4A format. Import it in iTunes and it shows automatically under Tones. Sync and it would be uploaded to my iPhone.
Old 27th October 2017, 21:14   #10570
BHPian

Did any one here pre-booked iPhone X?
Looks like it is sold out in Flipkart / Amazon.
Related NEWS

Cheers!
Old 28th October 2017, 07:28   #10571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
I am getting an I phone 7 for 34.5k after exchanging my 2nd gen Moto G on flipkart. That too on 3/6/9 interest free EMI. Is it a good deal.
It could be a refurbished phone.
some iphones last for just 2 years. My friends 6+ started having all sorts of issues, phone hanging, battery dropping from 50% to 25% to 3% in 15 minutes.
So beware. Let the greed not overcome reasoning
Old 28th October 2017, 08:18   #10572
Distinguished - BHPian

Help !!!

Deleted a sms conversation by mistake. What are the ways to recover ? I dont have itunes / icloud backup.

I tried trial versions of a few 3rd party apps, but not good. The messages I am looking for are sometimes listed under unknown numbers.

Alternatively,
I also have my old phone where the older messages are still there. Is there a way to transfer the conversation from there to my iphone SE ?
Old 28th October 2017, 10:09   #10573
BHPian

Good news for folks who buy their iPhone from abroad.
Apple India will now honour the global warranty for unlocked iPhone bought abroad.

Source: Hindustan Times
Old 28th October 2017, 13:32   #10574
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Good news for folks who buy their iPhone from abroad.
Apple India will now honour the global warranty for unlocked iPhone bought abroad.

Source: Hindustan Times
This is the best news. However, I wonder why Apple India is allowing the black market to reopen when the quite successfully shut it down with their no warranty for non-India billed phones.
Old 28th October 2017, 13:57   #10575
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Looks like it is sold out in Flipkart / Amazon.
Amazon was sold out virtually at 12:31 right when they opened, don't know if there is some software to get faster or they had nothing or very limited. The bigger capacity got added in my cart but when I tried to make payment, it was sold out. FlipKart won't have any for delivery to my Gurgaon or Chandigarh Pincode. By the time I got an address from friend in Delhi, it was sold out. But then I ordered at Canadian store and it actually worked cheaper even after adding Apple Care, Now the wait starts

Quote:
I wonder why Apple India is allowing the black market to reopen
Perhaps, the difference is not that much between local prices and overseas. Apart from newer models, I think India is actually cheaper than most of the places. Besides, I believe it does not fit in their overall scheme of things or the thought process of their organization. I wonder why was this policy there at first place. Personally, I have no experience of warranty being declined previously so cannot really comment.

Last edited by Turbanator : 28th October 2017 at 13:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks