Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2021, 14:53   #14146
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Another great invention from Apple. 2000Rs Apple polishing cloths. You should use only this cloth for cleaning Apple devices. Else it will scratch the screen. Never mind the ceramic shield.
Too cool, trust Apple to think out of the box and well, Apple being Apple The fact that makes sense or not depending on your point of view, it’s not available and takes three to four weeks to ship. Mind you, they are not saying you should only use this cloth for cleaning Apple devices, they are saying “this cloth will safely and effectively clean Apple devices”. What could be next? Imagine you take a device with a scratched screen citing raw material issues, they will say you must have used a non Apple cleaning cloth, it’s the fault of the cleaning cloth

Tim Cook/Apple laughing all the way to the bank, mission accomplished. The whole world can crib and cry but what they are inadvertently doing is giving publicity to this cloth. Any publicity, good or bad, is publicity.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 15:05   #14147
Team-BHP Support

How long before they deny warranty claims because you looked at your device wrong?

'Easily fixable, with our new iEye implants, so you always look at your device just how it wants to be looked at! A bajillion dollars for each eye, activation keys sold separately.'
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 15:10   #14148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Too cool, trust Apple to think out of the box and well, Apple being Apple. Imagine you take a device with a scratched screen citing raw material issues, they will say you must have used a non Apple cleaning cloth, it’s the fault of the cleaning cloth
Quote:
Another great invention from Apple. 2000Rs Apple polishing cloths. You should use only this cloth for cleaning Apple devices. Else it will scratch the screen.
The ad for Apple's car writes itself. If you own any Apple device, then you should only carry it around in the Apple car. No other car will be able to protect your gadget from the harsh vibrations of the road, which will end up damaging the delicate electronic parts inside.
Old 20th October 2021, 21:59   #14149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Too cool, trust Apple to think out of the box and well, Apple being Apple The fact that makes sense or not depending on your point of view, it’s not available and takes three to four weeks to ship. Mind you, they are not saying you should only use this cloth for cleaning Apple devices, they are saying “this cloth will safely and effectively clean Apple devices”. What could be next? Imagine you take a device with a scratched screen citing raw material issues, they will say you must have used a non Apple cleaning cloth, it’s the fault of the cleaning cloth

Tim Cook/Apple laughing all the way to the bank, mission accomplished. The whole world can crib and cry but what they are inadvertently doing is giving publicity to this cloth. Any publicity, good or bad, is publicity.

Cheers
Trust me, it will sell in huge numbers. The snob appeal will be irresistible. People pay as much for handkerchiefs with brand logo on it.
Old 20th October 2021, 22:43   #14150
BHPian

Quote:
Another great invention from Apple. 2000Rs Apple polishing cloths. You should use only this cloth for cleaning Apple devices. Else it will scratch the screen. Never mind the ceramic shield.
I will buy it. But only after they launch the pro version!
warrioraks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 00:28   #14151
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
I will wait for the SE version
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 02:28   #14152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
I will wait for the SE version
We should wait for Apple Cotton, it will blow away the competition
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 03:43   #14153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotirajendra View Post
Trust me, it will sell in huge numbers. The snob appeal will be irresistible. People pay as much for handkerchiefs with brand logo on it.
Your words have come true. The apple fans have lapped it up and it's out of stock until late November

https://www.macrumors.com/2021/10/19...-out-november/

I will wait for a gold color cloth when it comes out to match my gold color iPhone
Old 21st October 2021, 05:21   #14154
BHPian

I woke up and made up my mind a little late. Has anyone had any luck with getting an iPhone 12 - 128gb in Black/ Blue from Flipkart for 57K in the last day or two. 64gb variant appears to be available aplenty.
Old 21st October 2021, 20:56   #14155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Your words have come true. The apple fans have lapped it up and it's out of stock until late November

https://www.macrumors.com/2021/10/19...-out-november/

I will wait for a gold color cloth when it comes out to match my gold color iPhone
My prediction - After tasting success with this, it will get into the designer luxury segment with purses, bags, belts etc. They already have watches and handkerchiefs.
Old 22nd October 2021, 01:19   #14156
BHPian

I don’t understand all the hate for this cloth at $19. We pay over $25 due to import taxes + GST so if you have anyone to blame it’s the gov. not the mfg. Gyeon and Carpro sell 800 gsm detailing towels at ₹2400, and no one bats an eye but god forbid if Apple prices its microfibre at ₹1900

Last edited by AJ56 : 22nd October 2021 at 01:24.
Old 22nd October 2021, 02:34   #14157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
I don’t understand all the hate for this cloth at $19. We pay over $25 due to import taxes + GST so if you have anyone to blame it’s the gov. not the mfg. Gyeon and Carpro sell 800 gsm detailing towels at ₹2400, and no one bats an eye but god forbid if Apple prices its microfibre at ₹1900
Relax, these are just some light hearted comments.

The reaction is similar across the world (even outside Govt. of India’s jurisdiction). Twitter is having a field day since the launch event.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/ho...olishing-cloth
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 09:33   #14158
Senior - BHPian

Got an iPhone SE (free with a carrier upgrade) to replace my Pixel 3a (which has a dying battery and bluetooth) about 8 weeks ago. Here are my first impressions: (note that I'm comparing midrange phones)
1. Display quality: iPhone LCD is much better than the AMOLED in the Pixel 3a. Despite the latter having the higher PPI on paper, the brighter iPhone display is much more crisper.
2. Sound Quality: iPhone speaker output is much superior to any budget phone
3. Compact size: Personal preference, but I love smaller smartphones
4. Better cell network: I feel iPhone overall has better antennas
5. Battery: Good enough for my use. The main reason to find a replacement for the pixel was a worn out battery and unreliable bluetooth connection
6. Software: Very personal, but I feel like some elements of iOS 15 and Android 12 are converging; I don't have a preference between the two on mobile.

I still retain my Pixel 3a as a navigation device as my Sygic map license for Offline North American maps is linked to my google play account.

Hope this helps someone!

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 23rd October 2021 at 09:35.
landcruiser123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 23:34   #14159
BHPian

I don’t know about other cities but in Gurgaon the 13 Pro Max has been unavailable in physical Apple stores since launch, and till date they can’t even give a timeline on when it will be available supply chain needs work for sure. Ended up ordering online from their store and even then it’ll take a month to reach me.
AJ56 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 23:58   #14160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
I don’t understand all the hate for this cloth at $19 ... if you have anyone to blame it’s the gov. not the mfg.
Our govt has many things to take the blame, about the price of electronics and cars and others. But this one is global. Even Papa Elon tweeted about it

Apple products are overpriced for what they offer. There is enough dissection done on the subject. They get by because their target audience is possessive about it. Otherwise, they would not have made 30+ % profits across all their products, with their walled gardens even doing 60+ YoY.

Most Viewed