Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2022, 08:54   #15091
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Apple begins making iPhone 14 in India weeks ahead of schedule.

Quote:
- Foxconn sped things up after a surprisingly smooth process
- A speedy rollout is a boost for India’s effort to catch China
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 09:12   #15092
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
This is a disaster of epic proportions, equal to armageddon. All the problems and issues in the world pale in significance to this happening. May God grant you the strength to cope with this loss of a whole 2% of battery degradation. I am sure it will be extremely difficult for you manage with this phone for another 15-25 days. Be brave, you can do it!
LOL Cyborg.

This post kept me laughing for a long time with tears shedding down my face and rolling on to my 13 Promax (Hope it's waterproof enough to work despite drowning in these tears of laughter.)

Good one bro. Life is all about laughing as much as possible. Haha!

In other news, started a new thread on my other passion of "Hiking" and you can see some pictures and videos of the mighty iPhone 13 Promax (Do click and check the full resolution on your MacBook. Damn, now Satya Nadella is going to come after me. )

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ml#post5403877 (Hiking in Washington - A healthy & beautiful way to enjoy nature!)

Cheers to the upcoming iPhone 14 Promax. !!!
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 09:24   #15093
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys, I updated to 16.0.2 on my 11, no issues luckily.
Happy to report, no drain issues at my end as well. And also happy that battery health is at 100% (using since Dec '21), prefer using desktops / iPads, phone is mostly for calls & some WhatsApp.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 11:32   #15094
BHPian

I bought an iPhone 12 for my wife now. I have ported the contents easily from the earlier iPhone SE to the new one. I want to move the contents from the Android phone to the new iPhone through eSIM. I know the drill all right. My doubt is what happens to the Whatsapp from the 2 phones in one body ?
I wouldn't bother about WA but for a woman, WA is everything. Each phone with its own number has its own WA id. If I port both numbers to one phone will they remain separate ?
Old 27th September 2022, 11:57   #15095
Team-BHP Support

Guys looking for an iPhone bargain - 13 (128) available for 52k at Croma today.
Eddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 12:26   #15096
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Are you sure that's a deep purple color? To my naked eye, it looks dark/slate grey.
Some more shades of purple - in better lighting

The iPhone Thread-20220927_144139.jpg

The iPhone Thread-20220927_144120.jpg
vb-saan is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 12:29   #15097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Happy to report, no drain issues at my end as well. And also happy that battery health is at 100% (using since Dec '21), prefer using desktops / iPads, phone is mostly for calls & some WhatsApp.
Mine (bought September 2020) is at 87%. Maybe because I charge overnight more frequently!
Old 27th September 2022, 12:32   #15098
BHPian

Guys, what's a recommended screen protector for iPhone 13 Pro Max ? Also looking for a case , that doesn't make the phone more bulky, but still provides protection.
Old 27th September 2022, 13:08   #15099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
This post kept me laughing for a long time with tears shedding down my face and rolling on to my 13 Promax (Hope it's waterproof enough to work despite drowning in these tears of laughter
Super reply bro. Now quickly get in touch with Tim Cook that the iPhone is waterproof even with tears flooding it, no one must have tried that. It would be another feather in his cap and please push for that 0.001 profit percentage for us for doing his work

Quote:
In other news, started a new thread on my other passion of "Hiking" and you can see some pictures and videos of the mighty iPhone 13 Promax (Do click and check the full resolution on your MacBook. Damn, now Satya Nadella is going to come after me
Will surely check this out

Quote:
Cheers to the upcoming iPhone 14 Promax
Cheers, will await your thoughts on this. The Deep Purple colour looks fabulous in person, not to worry. I have seen it at the store. Photographs don’t do justice to it and the lighting somehow makes a huge difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thank for this vb_san.

Cheers

Last edited by Eddy : 27th September 2022 at 14:26. Reason: Fixed quotes.
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 14:30   #15100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Guys, what's a recommended screen protector for iPhone 13 Pro Max ? Also looking for a case , that doesn't make the phone more bulky, but still provides protection.
Try the ESR screen protectors. I tried them on my wife's 12 mini and now on the 13. Comes with an alignment frame - so clean install.

For the case I recommend the Rinke Onyx. I have been using it only for a couple of days now. The main highlight is - it is not bulky, and has the right kind of projections at the right places. Also it has a textured back and ribbed sides providing excellent grip. I haven't seen a case that is this well designed. At 650 bucks it's excellent value.
dragonfire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 17:33   #15101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_addict View Post
Other option would be to move the Jio Sim to eSim and keep the physical Airtel Sim.
So, mail update was successful. I tried esim conversion. I followed all instructions. ESIM was added but got activation error. Forgot to cancel ESIM request after this error and lost signals on physical SIM too.
Got the replacement SIM card.
Did the process again after 24 hours wait for SMS activation.
Again got same activation error (ESIM could not be activated, Please contact customer care).
This time, sent ESIM cancellation request to avoid physical SIM deactivation.
Not sure what it wrong. Running iOS 16.0.2 on iPhone 12
Old 27th September 2022, 17:59   #15102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
So, mail update was successful.
Again got same activation error (ESIM could not be activated, Please contact customer care).
This time, sent ESIM cancellation request to avoid physical SIM deactivation.
Not sure what it wrong. Running iOS 16.0.2 on iPhone 12
Sorry I have no clue. The only thing I see a difference was that I bought from Airtel store directly & am on the annual plan (₹2,xxx) with GOLD something level. I did this with the physical sim before changing it to esim. In many other countries, esim is given only for post-paid customers. This is becoming a major issue in the US right now for prepaid customers with an iPhone 14.

Coincidentally I was planning on downgrading the new phone (13) to iOS 15.7. I just sent the eSim sms & got the QR code within 10 minutes (iOS 16.0.2). I had previously done with iPhone 12 & iOS 16.0.2 So its not the phone and OS ver.
  1. If you haven't given your number out yet, try buying a new number and sim from Airtel store & insist on putting email id.
  2. Airtel eSim for Postpaid works as one of my friend changed to an eSim a week ago. Maybe buy a Postpaid plan for a 2-3 months and change to prepaid.
  3. Go through the same thing with Jio eSIM instead of Airtel?
  4. Profit ???
I put in a request for airtel prepaid sim through airtel website. When they call, I will tell that I need esim only and ask them what to do. Will update you after that.
car_addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 00:22   #15103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Wow! Now that looks like Purple. Pretty Classy looking for sure and doesn't look gaudy at all.

I have owned and tried almost all colors of iPhone (Black, Gray, Silver, Blue, Green and currently using this Gold which is also one of my favorite. Initially, I thought that Gold would look gaudy but, this is subtle gold and looks beautiful and premium.)

The iPhone Thread-fullsizerender.jpg

Now I can't wait for "Deep Purple" of my iPhone Promax.

My wife is upset that I ordered this color as now she is forced to order a different one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
iPhones are a thing of beauty. Never cover them up with fully covered protectors.

Use the "Transparent" protector from SPIGEN which is my favorite (as pictured above) and I always use them 80% of the time.

When I get bored of the transparent ones, then I use some of my favorite theme based phone covers.

The iPhone Thread-fullsizerender-2.jpg

Quote:
Cheers, will await your thoughts on this. The Deep Purple colour looks fabulous in person, not to worry. I have seen it at the store. Photographs don’t do justice to it and the lighting somehow makes a huge difference.
We are like "Two to Tango" in a hilarious way.

Thanks. From what VB-San posted, I like the Deep Purple. Let's see when it comes, will do a VLOG style unboxing and share it here. LOL!

In other earth shattering update, my 13 Promax battery has dropped further to 92%. What the heck is going on?

On the good news front, 16.0.2 is an amazing update. yesterday I got 28 hours from a single charge of phone (Otherwise, it was hovering between 22-24 hours per charge despite my heavy usage).
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 00:39   #15104
BHPian

I'm looking for feedback on some questions.

1. Does the iPhone allow you to set up the home screen without any icons at all? I want to keep my home screen empty except for a wallpaper and then swipe to the other pages for accessing apps and icons

2. Will porting WhatsApp and other data back from Apple be a hassle if in the future I switched back to Android?

3. Is iCloud a must or can I use OneDrive or Google Drive for backups as I do currently?

4. Can I continue to use Google Photos as my primary media application?

5. Can I use VPN apps like Surfshark?

6. Can I use YouTube Premium?

Apologies if these are stupid or newbie questions. I'm a lifelong Android user and thinking about dipping my toes in. It'll be the iPhone 14 Pro Max or the Samsung S22 Ultra.

Thanks!
Old 28th September 2022, 00:49   #15105
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the first impressions, vb-san.

Which would be a better deal, guys - unlocked 13 Pro Max at 91K or (upcoming) 14 Plus at 90K?

Thinking of upgrading.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks