Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2022, 13:20   #14971
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
I visited Airtel store for prepaid number. They said, it's not possible to convert prepaid SIM to eSIM. Of course, I didn't buy their SIM. I needed a secondary number as I am facing lots of issues with my iPhone 12 Jio prepaid SIM (it's physical SIM) for last 1 month.
- Try replacing your Jio physical sim with another one. Your sim may have gone bad. You can try using someone else's sim and check if it's working perfectly or not.

- Airtel prepaid does not provide e-sim, for that, you will have to register your e-mail ID with them where you will get your QR code to convert to e-sim. Not an issue with Airtel postpaid. (I got a Samsung for my Airtel prepaid).

- Try resetting network settings, just might help.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 13:25   #14972
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
People are complaining that my number is out of coverage most of the time. I get lots of sms of missed calls from Jio.
Which is the primary data connection you are using on the phone? If it is not Jio, try using that and see if situation improved. Apart from what is suggested by others ^
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 13:37   #14973

For those like me who are wondering how to move your eSIM between iPhones, iOS 16 has some new feature which is good news! I just saw this in Mobile Data on my 13 Pro after updating to iOS 16.

The iPhone Thread-photo_20220915_133442.jpg

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT21...os_ui-07192022

Last edited by autovarun : 15th September 2022 at 13:44.
autovarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 15:01   #14974
BHPian

Quote:
I visited Airtel store for prepaid number. They said, it's not possible to convert prepaid SIM to eSIM. Of course, I didn't buy their SIM. I needed a secondary number as I am facing lots of issues with my iPhone 12 Jio prepaid SIM (it's physical SIM) for last 1 month. People are complaining that my number is out of coverage most of the time. I get lots of sms of missed calls from Jio.
They have given you the wrong information.

I did the same thing exactly 2 months ago. I got a new Airtel Prepaid number for my iPhone 12 from the store for secondary number. I waited for 24 hours to get it activated and work its way through the systems. Requested for a Airtel esim by SMS & got the mail with the QR code for scanning.

Now my Jio (primary number) is a physical sim and Airtel Prepaid (secondary number) is an esim.

The iPhone Thread-png-image.png
car_addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 15:58   #14975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_addict View Post
Now my Jio (primary number) is a physical sim and Airtel Prepaid (secondary number) is an esim. Attachment 2358438
Good info. I will just go and buy the new SIM I guess. Will give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Which is the primary data connection you are using on the phone? If it is not Jio, try using that and see if situation improved. Apart from what is suggested by others ^
I currently have only 1 SIM and it's Jio, so data connection is Jio only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
- Try replacing your Jio physical sim with another one. Your sim may have gone bad.
I already tried resetting but didn't work. I will just replace the SIM with new one today.
Nicky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 11:59   #14976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Don't go for the 12. I believe 13 will be 10k-12k more. Go with 13 as it gives you better camera and battery life for sure.
I hear you. Flipkart revealed the 13's price to be 50K. 12 would be on Amazon likely at 40K for 64GB and 45K for 128GB. 13@50K is ofcourse a no brainer, but I don't like that the 13 is 10g heavier than the 12. Camera is the real allure here.

Planning to trade in my 6s. Is there a way to transfer everything to the new phone including user data? I mean, I shouldn't have to sign in to the apps again. Will iTunes do it?
Old 16th September 2022, 12:12   #14977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
I hear you. Flipkart revealed the 13's price to be 50K. 12 would be on Amazon likely at 40K for 64GB and 45K for 128GB. 13@50K is ofcourse a no brainer, but I don't like that the 13 is 10g heavier than the 12. Camera is the real allure here.

Planning to trade in my 6s. Is there a way to transfer everything to the new phone including user data? I mean, I shouldn't have to sign in to the apps again. Will iTunes do it?
What are you talking about? Go to settings, click on apple id, then select Sync and select Contacts, messages, whatsapp and all other apps you need including photos. Ensure you have < iclould limit.

Once done, you are set. Login on new phone with your account and select the option to sync during setup. Thats it You will have all your data in the new device. The other way is to take a Backup on windows and then loading the backup, but i am not very skeptical of this.

Regarding the pricing, i am predicting the following:
13 - 128GB @ 50K
13 mini -128 GB @ 45/44K
12 - 128 GB @ 42/43K
12 - 64 GB @ 38K
11 - 128 GB @ 33/34K
11 - 64 @ 30/29K

This year, Apple's Inventory seems to be Humongous.. And they even have officially announced an exchange program too. This is their last shot to get rid of their inventory or else, they are sitting a big pile of depreciating junk. The last time they faced this issue, it was during 7/6s era, where they sold SE first gen for ~10-12K.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 12:29   #14978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
What are you talking about?
I have two issues:
1) Since am trading my 6S, I have to restore from a backup. If something doesn't go right, I won't have the old phone to get back the data.
2) I don't want to sign in to the apps again. IIRC the last time I setup my iPhone 6S from an old 5S backup (after a year's gap), I had to sign in to the apps again. There are certain apps for which I don't have access to password/OTP.
Old 16th September 2022, 12:32   #14979
BHPian

Quote:
I have two issues:
1) Since am trading my 6S, I have to restore from a backup. If something doesn't go right, I won't have the old phone to get back the data.
2) I don't want to sign in to the apps again. IIRC the last time I setup my iPhone 6S from an old 5S backup (after a year's gap), I had to sign in to the apps again. There are certain apps for which I don't have access to password/OTP.
Login into apps, you will have to do that again. Bank apps wont allow this kind of synchronization. i hope you understand the reasons behind it. So will be the case with other sensitive apps. In short, almost all apps where you use any payment methods, you will have to sign in again. You can expect the same behavior from many other apps considering how the devices are getting hacked.

Good luck with your new purchase.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 14:23   #14980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
This year, Apple's Inventory seems to be Humongous.. And they even have officially announced an exchange program too. This is their last shot to get rid of their inventory
Their exchange prices for their own older flagships are horrible to say the least. Even Cashify pays way more than Apple.
Old 16th September 2022, 14:37   #14981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have two issues:
Safest and best if you don’t want to use iCloud (I don’t) is backup your data to iTunes if you are on a Windows machine, later just connect your machine, get into iTunes and select transfer from backup, not set up as a new iPhone. Everything will get transferred to your new phone.

It’s far simpler if you have a Mac, just connect your old phone, open the Finder on your Mac and backup your phone. You may wipe/reset your old phone after this is done. Now simply connect your new phone to the Mac, select the backup you want to use and you are done. I regularly backup my iPhone on my Mac using this process, it’s easy and works like a charm. I have never needed to sign in again to apps using this method, everything including Mails and What’s App gets transferred using this method.

Whatever method you use, remember to log out of iMessage and FaceTime before you wipe/reset your old phone. After everything gets transferred to your new phone just sign in only to iMessage and FaceTime and you are good to go.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 14:52   #14982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Their exchange prices for their own older flagships are horrible to say the least. Even Cashify pays way more than Apple.
Doesn't matter.
A significant majority of Apple users do not care. This had been the case in the past.

Also, we shouldn't judge based on Indian market, where taxes are exorbitant. And apple buy back price will be on the factory price less depreciation, taxes and distributor margins.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 16:56   #14983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
It’s far simpler if you have a Mac, just connect your old phone, open the Finder on your Mac and backup your phone. You may wipe/reset your old phone after this is done. Now simply connect your new phone to the Mac, select the backup you want to use and you are done. I regularly backup my iPhone on my Mac using this process, it’s easy and works like a charm. I have never needed to sign in again to apps using this method, everything including Mails and What’s App gets transferred using this method.
Thank you! I don't have a mac, but I have used iTunes in Windows to backup before, just that when I restored I used the one in iCloud. BTW, did you imply that my app sign ins will preserved only if I use iTunes in Mac to backup? Or it works for Windows too?
Old 16th September 2022, 17:09   #14984
BHPian

Quote:
Below are the two options(might be more) -
1. Take full back up in iTunes(windows/mac) and restore it in your new phone. 'Everything' will be restored.
2. Second is the one in which you don't need to do thing. Just keep your old phone near to the new and it will prompt itself for all the necessary things. Make sure you clean your phone and handover(if exchange) only after the transfer process is completed.

I used the 2nd approach when I upgraded from 'Xs' to 13 a couple of month before. However, it will definitely ask you to login again in most of the apps such as banking, finance etc.
abhi_tjet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 22:23   #14985
BHPian

Dynamic Island here I come!
Going Deep Purple on launch day \m/
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img_4343.jpg  

Last edited by jeevan007 : 16th September 2022 at 22:41.
jeevan007 is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks