Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2008, 17:46   #196
Senior - BHPian

It also depends on which floor you live.
I stay on the top floor so I had to Install a 1.5 tonn for 135 sqaure feet room.

I opted for Whirlpool split and its working good.
Old 28th April 2008, 20:49   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
It also depends on which floor you live.
I stay on the top floor so I had to Install a 1.5 tonn for 135 sqaure feet room.
It also depends on whether you live in humid, coastal areas or in dry places like Hyd and Delhi.
An AC cools a larger area in coastal areas better. In Vizag, my 0.75 ton AC was good enough for my bedroom that was 11' by 13', summing up to 143 sft.
But in Hyd, I had to switch to a higher ton Ac as the room was bigger, and the dry climate needed a more powerful AC.

In a room of 143 sft in Hyd, the cooling by a 0.75 ton AC would not have been enough.
Old 28th April 2008, 21:01   #198
Team-BHP Support

Tonnage calculator for Indian cities

Bluestar
Old 29th April 2008, 02:31   #199
BHPian

has anyone here used a NATIONAL brand AC??? i have been using two 1.0T window AC's for the last 12 years and it hasn't failed me once!!!!!!!!!!

i use the aircon for at least 8 hours a day and more in peak summers. its simply brilliant! i have no reason or excuse to get a replacement! i don't even remember re-filling gas in one of these things.

bluestar 1.75T window AC have failed after jus 5 years of operation. they absolutely suck at window aircons. their large ductable split units on the other hand and really good. economical and trouble free.

also worth mentioning are onida aircons...... been using a 1.5T and 1.0T split...... both work well..... no issues. its been about 2 years now.
Old 18th October 2008, 22:16   #200
BANNED

Looking for a split A/C. My primary requirement is that it has got to be silent, and decent on power consumption.
What are my options? I gather (from the previous posts) that Hitachi is the best, although a little expensive compared to other brands, followed by Carrier and Samsung.
The room is 188 square feet, and I live on the 8th floor. Would a 1.5T suffice, or would I need to get a 2T? Depending on if I need a 1.5T or a 2T, what would I be looking at cost wise, for the same in the 3 brands?

I will be trading in my 1.3T LG Window A/C, which is very noisy! Any idea how much I could expect for it?

Last edited by luvjascha : 18th October 2008 at 22:21.
Old 18th October 2008, 22:43   #201
BHPian

Hitachi and General are the top end manufacturers. They are priced higher and for good reason too. Stick to them and you will not regret it.
Old 18th October 2008, 23:49   #202
Senior - BHPian

Bluestar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Tonnage calculator for Indian cities

Bluestar
Vadodara is not in the list.
I tried both, Vadodara and Baroda and none exists in drop down menu.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 18th October 2008 at 23:50.
Old 19th October 2008, 10:01   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
Looking for a split A/C. My primary requirement is that it has got to be silent, and decent on power consumption.
Toshiba split a/c's have lowest power consumption of all Indian ones.
Old 19th October 2008, 10:06   #204
Senior - BHPian

A split will invariably be more energy efficient.
General is a tried and trusted brand.
Hitachi moved into this segment only a few years ago, though there is no reason to believe why it would not be as good.
Daikin has very good standing in the international markets.
Old 19th October 2008, 20:50   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
What are my options? I gather (from the previous posts) that Hitachi is the best, although a little expensive compared to other brands, followed by Carrier and Samsung.
The room is 188 square feet, and I live on the 8th floor. Would a 1.5T suffice, or would I need to get a 2T? Depending on if I need a 1.5T or a 2T, what would I be looking at cost wise, for the same in the 3 brands?

I will be trading in my 1.3T LG Window A/C, which is very noisy! Any idea how much I could expect for it?
Go for Hitachi!!
That is the best I have experienced. Silent, less power consumption, efficient and features.

My LG sounds very noisy after being used to Hitachi.

I think 1.5T will suffice for your needs.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 19th October 2008 at 20:52.
Old 20th October 2008, 16:59   #206
BHPian

i was in the same dillemma while choosin the a/c, my option was either hitachi or general i enquired with my family and my friends and choosed to go for general -general though a bit costler is the most trusted brand i feel.
Old 20th October 2008, 17:24   #207
BANNED

Any idea on the price tags for Hitachi and General in a 1.5T?
Old 20th October 2008, 17:27   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Go for Hitachi!!
That is the best I have experienced. Silent, less power consumption, efficient and features.

My LG sounds very noisy after being used to Hitachi.

I think 1.5T will suffice for your needs.
Completely agree. Dad replaced an old samsung 1T with a Hitachi 1.5T and surprisingly the electricity bills reduced . Both these are window ACs. He also has an electrolux split in another bedroom.

The Hitachi window AC is almost as quiet as the electrolux split. Thats quite an achievement.
Old 12th November 2008, 21:21   #209
BHPian

bluestar if they have one in that capacity otherwise an imported o-general
Old 24th February 2009, 16:19   #210
Senior - BHPian

Hitachi / Panasonic / OGeneral 1.5 ton Split

Friends

The last couple of nights have been BAD! Its really been cooking in Cbe!

We have deferred the AC purchase in Cbe - because the weather is largely pleasant year round (except for one month perhaps) . THe evening are especially good with a stiff breeze blowing almost year round! BUT I am starting to believe Global Warming theories. Each year has been progressively bad and last two nights its been impossible to sleep!

I have decided to put an 1.5 ton split(no provision for window) and would like to know which is the BEST and the MOST EFFICIENT AC in this category. From all your last years posts I have narrowed down to between HItachi/ Panasonic and OGeneral - how would these stack up. and what would the prices be?

I need this installed tomorrow itself if possible!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks