Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2015, 09:24   #3991
BANNED

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

I have a 3-1/2 old Hitachi quadricool. I got it wet serviced for the first time, since the usage is not even three hours a day in the summer. After the service the fan motor became noisy, and I have been advised it needs to be replaced. This is a dc motor and the damages may be about ₹5500. I will contact the supplier today and see.
Old 17th April 2015, 11:35   #3992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_ramesh99 View Post
Unfortunately these people are authorized installers and possibly entrusted with repair as well for Panasonic. Who knows which other brands they 'serve'!

My Panasonic AC was installed by the same people and as I reported in this thread earlier, it was a shoddy job.
They mentioned Panasonic,Carrier and General air conditioners being brands they service.
Not only are they shoddy in their work but they're a bunch of crooks,top to bottom,the main guy Shabbir, manager Aman and the service guys all try to mislead you to extract money.
Old 17th April 2015, 11:42   #3993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
They mentioned Panasonic,Carrier and General air conditioners being brands they service.

This seems to be the norm now. I just got scammed for about ~2000 of which 1300 was avoidable expense to me for Daikin in Chennai. The guy is showing me no gas at all on the valve meter without opening the valve. Makes me furious when they think we are so dumb.
Difficult to find an honest chap these days.
Old 17th April 2015, 11:45   #3994
Senior - BHPian

I once did wet service on my voltas window a/c on my own since it was difficult to find a 'proper' service person who would go thorugh the hassle of doing a wet service in my neck of the woods. And after I assembled the thing back together the fan started making a lot more noise than it usually would.

so any suggestion regarding the same would be welcome. Dsgiitk do keep the thread informed on your solution to the problem.
Old 17th April 2015, 18:13   #3995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
It is true that repeated handling of Window ACs (for washing etc) increase the chances of Gas leaks?

I use a 7 year old Whirlpool that I have now stopped AMC for this year onwards.
Apart from cleaning the air filter I wanted to get the inner bits cleaned/washed.

How do forum members maintain slightly older ACs?
I have been washing the window AC for over twenty years. Unless they do a very sloppy job, washing the coils should not harm them. In my AC's washing is a must as by the end of the season both the internal and thy external coils are choke full of dust.

If the AC rear end is accessible, then just washing the external coil once a month with a pipe connected to water tap will increase the efficiency by removing any dust/grime in the coils. If the internal filters are cleaned regularly, then the internal coil need not be washed for at least 3 years.
Old 18th April 2015, 01:59   #3996
Distinguished - BHPian

We missed a "free service" for our Sharp, as I mentioned before. We called, and their service guys came today. As I suspected, the air filters (7 months) were well clogged.

Two guys came today and did a neat and thorough job. If points had to be deducted they would be for asking us to supply the cleaning cloth, but I don't really mind, as giving them a microfibre cloth meant better cleaning.

There really is not a lot of work to this "service." However, what there is to be done, they did thoroughly and neatly. They did a good job of cleaning the IDU fan, which always increases efficiency, and the even cleaned the cabinets of both units very nicely.

re earlier conversations, I noticed today that the indoor cooling coil fins are blue.

Oh, and it really wasa free service: there was not even a hint of a hint that a tip would be appreciated. To the extent that I didn't even think of giving them one, and I actually wouldn't have minded Rs.100 contribution to their lunch!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 18th April 2015 at 02:02.
Old 18th April 2015, 09:17   #3997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
There really is not a lot of work to this "service." They did a good job of cleaning the IDU fan, which always increases efficiency, and the even cleaned the cabinets of both units very nicely.

Did they touch the ODU? For my Samsung, they refused to do the ODU saying not needed. For the last free service I insisted that they do the ODU and then he insisted I provide him a ladder. Told him that his guys didn't ask for a ladder while installing and just climbed the compound wall to reach the place of install but the guy didn't agree. So I decided not to get the service done. Would rather pay and get things done the way I want than their fake 15 min free service...
Old 18th April 2015, 09:28   #3998
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
so any suggestion regarding the same would be welcome. sgiitk do keep the thread informed on your solution to the problem.
I called up the capo of the dealership yesterday, he has promised to send someone on Monday to remove the motor, and they may take a couple of day to repair it. So I am waiting for Monday. I will keep the thread posted.
Old 18th April 2015, 14:04   #3999
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Did they touch the ODU? For my Samsung, they refused to do the ODU saying not needed. ...
Certainly they did! I did not see what the guy might have done inside, but he made the outside look like new. I suspect that he did clean the condenser.

That unit is easy to access: it is on our terrace.

The other guy went over the whole cooling coil with a toothbrush! Only thing there is, if this was my job, I'd find something bigger, easy and quicker than a toothbrush! But hey, it's his time and his job!

The installation and service from the Sharp guys has been greatly superior to what we experienced seven years back with Samsung.

The Chennai contractor is a company called KFAA Chills. I guess this is just allotted by Sharp or the retailer (Girias for us).
Old 18th April 2015, 22:35   #4000
BHPian

Friends,

I am looking for a split AC (Inverter) for my home - second bedroom. I consider to buy either General, Hitachi, Daikin or Sharp. Today I got the price of following AC (1.5 Ton) models.

General- ASGA18JCC- 56790 Rs ( installation 1000 Rs, 750 Rs per meter for copper tube, angle 750 Rs )
Daikin- FTKD 50 FVM/OD-RKD 50 BVM- 46990 ( installation free, 650 Rs per meter for copper tube, angle 750 Rs, electric cable 70 Rs per meter)
Hitachi - ACE RAUO 19 EUEA- 53490 ( All inclusive)
Sharp- AH-XP18XXT - 47000 Rs (Installation free with kit, 1500 Rs for stabilizer )

All the technical specifications and warranty remain almost same for the above models. I am in dilemma in selecting a right model. My first priority is product quality followed by reliability and price.

Kindly advice me with your expert opinion.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ForeRunner : 18th April 2015 at 22:41. Reason: information added
Old 18th April 2015, 23:08   #4001
BHPian

Picked up two acs from the grey market today
Daikin 2 star 1T 2014 model for 25500
General 1T imported 27000
Picked up 5kva stabilizers for 1350 each
Wall stand for 500
Old 19th April 2015, 07:20   #4002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
Friends,

I am looking for a split AC (Inverter) for my home - second bedroom. I consider to buy either General, Hitachi, Daikin or Sharp. Today I got the price of following AC (1.5 Ton) models.

General- ASGA18JCC- 56790 Rs ( installation 1000 Rs, 750 Rs per meter for copper tube, angle 750 Rs )
Daikin- FTKD 50 FVM/OD-RKD 50 BVM- 46990 ( installation free, 650 Rs per meter for copper tube, angle 750 Rs, electric cable 70 Rs per meter)
Hitachi - ACE RAUO 19 EUEA- 53490 ( All inclusive)
Sharp- AH-XP18XXT - 47000 Rs (Installation free with kit, 1500 Rs for stabilizer )

All the technical specifications and warranty remain almost same for the above models. I am in dilemma in selecting a right model. My first priority is product quality followed by reliability and price.

Kindly advice me with your expert opinion.
Thanks in advance.
As you can see in other messages in this thread, Sharp commands good respect in this thread. You may also have found good reviews of Sharp service in Chennai in this thread.

I was recently in market for an AC. I do not remember a model called AH-XP18XXT. If this price is for AH-XP18PHT/AH-XP18PMT it is very good. If it is for AH-X18PET it is okay. But you should be getting a better price if it is for AH-XP18MV

I did not buy Sharp just because I could not find any one willing to supply the model I wanted (AH-XP18PHT/AH-XP18PMT) in Bangalore
Old 19th April 2015, 08:09   #4003

Team,

Very nice informative article.... The article covers, when to go for star rated, when to go for inverter ac's etc...

https://www.bijlibachao.com/top-ten-...-in-india.html
Old 19th April 2015, 09:03   #4004
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
Friends,

I may tend to avoid Hitachi since their service reputation is not as good. I will let my wallet decide between the rest.
Old 20th April 2015, 11:45   #4005
BHPian

Google search on Hitachi QC and TM comparison told me that there was discussion on ACs on TBHP! Tying to sort it for last half hour but not to much avail. Perhaps, am not a google expert yet.

Trying to buy an AC with summer knocks of last 2 days converting to hammering from wife. Have a 2005 Samsung Window 1.5T which cools wonderfully but attracts huge power bills. Haven't installed it in my new rented apartment yet and decided to go in for the best i.e. Hitachi QC 1.5T Window, till, I found some bashing against service standards here as well as everywhere else.

With god offers online (Amazon has best), would look forward to some advise on the same. Redirecting to right page no/post no would do great too!

And apologies for doing just what is not advised - not searching the thread enough!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks