Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2016, 09:40   #4561
BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Then it is probably bull excrement. It has been a while since I checked it out online, but when I last did, there was an entomological consensus that there is no sound that repels mossies.

<a few minutes later>

Google results still agree with this.

A typical Air conditioned room is closed tight ( all doors and windows and shut)
So even if it does repel mosquitoes, how did they test out this "repelling function" ?

The mosquitoes inside cannot exit the room anyways as everything is closed.
, and the mosquitoes outside cannot enter either as everything is closed.
Old 19th April 2016, 10:28   #4562
BHPian

Finally the Trane Inverter Split Air Conditioner 1 ton (IN2) TSI12DS was delivered and installed yesterday.

The home / office air-conditioner thread-100_5212.jpg

The home / office air-conditioner thread-100_5213.jpg

The home / office air-conditioner thread-100_5214.jpg

The label on the package indicates the units were manufactured for Ingersoll Rand in PRC. Date of Import: 02/15

The most attractive and impressive part of the unit is the Interactive remote. It is networked to the air conditioner, with this unit set up as Master bedroom. The installation instructions and the owners Manual come in a 4GB flash drive that is a replica of the remote control.
http://www.indiatrane.com/interactiveRemote.aspx

We are still playing with the remote and yet to assess the functionality of the unit.

It was almost one of a kind dream machine. Whether it is a worthy machine, time alone can tell.
Old 19th April 2016, 10:47   #4563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponmayilal View Post
Finally the Trane Inverter Split Air Conditioner 1 ton (IN2) TSI12DS was delivered and installed yesterday.
Congrats. May I know the price that you paid? should be helpful for others to compare with other brands. Any idea how is the service backup in Bangalore?
Old 19th April 2016, 11:01   #4564
Senior - BHPian

One of my biggest challenges was finding an effective way to cool my large living room cum dining area. What complicated the issue was that the hall opened at the front end to a small drawing room and also into an open kitchen!

We initially had a cooler, but it wasn't effective. Moreso as it needed the door at the other side to stay open. And that was the front door.
We finally bought a 2 ton General AC. It works like a charm, though it takes around 30 minutes to cool the large area. But the living space cools up in 5 minutes, and we can now watch TV in comfort.
A few pictures of the living area and the AC. We paid 52000 in all for it two years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
The home / office air-conditioner thread-1461043862400.jpg  

The home / office air-conditioner thread-1461043879140.jpg  

The home / office air-conditioner thread-1461043893439.jpg  

The home / office air-conditioner thread-1461043909222.jpg  

Old 19th April 2016, 12:07   #4565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats. May I know the price that you paid? should be helpful for others to compare with other brands. Any idea how is the service backup in Bangalore?
The MRP of the 1 ton Inverter ac is Rs.42,500 (Cooling only).

We had a tough time locating a dealer who can deliver. The Trane website lists four or five dealers in Bangalore but we did not get any meaningful response from them. Finally we contacted Trane Customer care and they asked us to contact one Mr. Rajan who can help us. He in turn put us in contact with the Trane Bangalore sales team. They informed that they have two units in stock and I can place the order on Mr.Rajan at the discounted price of Rs.41,500. It was at that time we came to know that Mr.Rajan himself is a multibrand ac dealer. JJ Sales Corporation, Yeshwantpur, Bangalore. From the invoice I received I find that he is the Fulfilment Partner for Trane. A very nice gentleman. We never met him. We transferred the amount to JJ Sales Corporation's bank account through IMPS and he did the rest. The delivery was scheduled on 13th but for some reason got delayed.Installation charges: Rs. 2000/-

We have blindly placed our faith on Ingersoll Rand and bought the machine. Who is Trane? http://www.indiatrane.com/question.a...cs_id=20624913

A chat Window is always open in indiatrane website and anyone wanting to know the MRP of any Trane airconditioner may obtain it there. Only the Trane sales team can offer any discount if you ask for it..

Last edited by Ponmayilal : 19th April 2016 at 12:14.
Old 19th April 2016, 12:29   #4566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
We finally bought a 2 ton General AC. It works like a charm, though it takes around 30 minutes to cool the large area. But the living space cools up in 5 minutes, and we can now watch TV in comfort.
A few pictures of the living area and the AC. We paid 52000 in all for it two years ago.
I've heard that Remote will not work properly if you fix the IDU near tube light(Like above pic). I don't how far this is true. Is that right?
Old 19th April 2016, 12:47   #4567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
I've heard that Remote will not work properly if you fix the IDU near tube light(Like above pic). I don't how far this is true. Is that right?
No idea, but I've had no issues for the past two summers! This is the third summer and it is working like new!
Old 19th April 2016, 13:15   #4568
BHPian

Quote:
The MRP of the 1 ton Inverter ac is Rs.42,500 (Cooling only).

We had a tough time locating a dealer who can deliver. The Trane website lists four or five dealers in Bangalore but we did not get any meaningful response from them. Finally we contacted Trane Customer care and they asked us to contact one Mr. Rajan who can help us. He in turn put us in contact with the Trane Bangalore sales team. They informed that they have two units in stock and I can place the order on Mr.Rajan at the discounted price of Rs.41,500. It was at that time we came to know that Mr.Rajan himself is a multibrand ac dealer. JJ Sales Corporation, Yeshwantpur, Bangalore. From the invoice I received I find that he is the Fulfilment Partner for Trane. A very nice gentleman. We never met him. We transferred the amount to JJ Sales Corporation's bank account through IMPS and he did the rest. The delivery was scheduled on 13th but for some reason got delayed.Installation charges: Rs. 2000/-

I too had a tough time locating Trane dealers in Noida. I spoke to one of the dealers and he was supposed to come back with the availability but never did. By the way, the price they were quoting for a 1.5 T unit was 36k.

After lot of following up I decided to go ahead with a Hitachi unit. The very next day I received a call from Trane customer care following up on my request. The lady on the phone asked to contact the customer care in case there is any need for Trane units. Unfortunately, by that time I had already made the payment for Hitachi.

So, if any one else is looking for Trane please contact their customer care.
Old 19th April 2016, 13:31   #4569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

... ... ...

The most attractive and impressive part of the unit is the Interactive remote. It is networked to the air conditioner, with this unit set up as Master bedroom. The installation instructions and the owners Manual come in a 4GB flash drive that is a replica of the remote control.
http://www.indiatrane.com/interactiveRemote.aspx

We are still playing with the remote and yet to assess the functionality of the unit.

It was almost one of a kind dream machine. Whether it is a worthy machine, time alone can tell.
This new name has leaped into the forum! Who is Trane? Are they new? Have they been hiding?

The gadgetry of the remote is going to appeal to a lot of gadgetphiles: I gather there are phone apps too. It works by wifi, right? Then, would it work in a house without a wifi router?

If there is difficulty in even buying, then how is service going to be?
Old 19th April 2016, 13:37   #4570
Senior - BHPian

Trane has a major presence in Industrial Air Conditioning, especially Chillers. it is now a part of Ingersoll Rand, which itself is in air handling, chillers etc.
Old 19th April 2016, 13:44   #4571
Distinguished - BHPian

So it is an established, respected company. Thanks Aroy
Old 19th April 2016, 14:08   #4572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
The mosquitoes inside cannot exit the room anyways as everything is closed.
, and the mosquitoes outside cannot enter either as everything is closed.
Probably they will bang their head against the walls . Sorry, couldn't resist!
Quote:
Trane and Carrier are the biggest players in commercial central air conditioning systems. Carrier has not been successful in the home segment, at least in India. So I am curious how Trane will fare. I think the best products are made by companies who focus on single product type, eg Daikin and General in home AC. LG has been making very good refrigerators, so they make very good compressors. However room air conditioning is a very different ball game.
Old 19th April 2016, 14:16   #4573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
,... I think the best products are made by companies who focus on single product type, eg Daikin and General in home AC....
Daikin is one of the biggest players in marine AC Package units that are used on almost every ship. Apart from the central air conditioning plant every ship also uses a few package units for localized areas that are not contiguous with the accommodation.
I have always held Daikin in high esteem for their wonderful package units but am hugely disappointed by what they seem to be doing in the domestic AC market in India!
Old 19th April 2016, 14:27   #4574
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Trane is reputed for sure. Only issue I saw was availability of the units itself. Unless you know someone who can get you the units, it's difficult to get them.

One of my uncles got Trane units installed in his house in Mumbai as he knew the dealer of Trane in Mumbai (Borivali).

The AC works well and I liked the single master remote which you can switch the room and use it in the entire house.

Now when the system itself is difficult to get and not available in stock easily, the only grey area is how will service and after sales be. What about replacement parts?

In my case I went with Daikin as prices were on par with LG and Samsung and as a brand Daikin was more reputed.

Some of the reviews here seem to indicate Daikin is not what it is used to be but I guess time will tell whether or not I've made a smart choice.

For now enjoying the cooling of the Daikin systems at home.
Old 19th April 2016, 18:57   #4575
BHPian

Quote:
... Are they new? Have they been hiding? ....
Trane is now a part of Ingersoll Rand.

History of Trane : http://www.indiatrane.com/question.a...cs_id=20624913

They have some 29 manufacturing facilities around the world including one in China. I believe this unit was manufactured at their facility in China - not manufactured by someone else with Trane branding.

They have some notable Trane buildings around the world.
Australian Stock Exchange, Melbourne
The Kremlin, Moscow, Russia
La Scala Opera House, Milan, Italy
McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago
The Olympic Sports Complex in Athens, Greece
SeaWorld, Orlando, Florida
The SkyDome (Rogers Centre) in Toronto, Canada
Statue of Liberty, New York
Washington Monument, Washington, D.C.
World Trade Center, Beijing, China
Burj Dubai, Dubai, UAE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trane

They have a name to keep and so I believe their service backup should be good - if and when required.

One Trane executive called me this morning to greet me on becoming a Traneon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks