Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2012, 18:27   #2551
BHPian

Bought a 5 star 1.5 T Hitachi window a/c last summer. It's not much of a chiller compared with 2007 LG of similar tonnage which works in a similar seized room in my home under identical orientation. The remote control doesn't work perfectly. I'd got the unit replaced after haggling with the company but it still has same issues. Electricity bills might be lower but given a choice now I'd not buy Hitachi.

BTW Hitachi service on Gurgaon is BAD. Nobody turns up on a service complaint before 7-10 days and that too after follow up.
Old 26th April 2012, 19:04   #2552
BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Getting a deal of 39k for hitachi 1.2 ton i-clean ac, and 37k for similar one without i-clean. Might get the 37k one tomorrow since everyone I spoke with had only good things to say about Hitachi ac. Service centre is also close-by.

Any particular disadvantages with Hitachi?
i-Clean 1.2 ton MRP is 38190 as per the website:i-Clean: Hitachi Home & Life Solutions (India) Ltd.

Is 39k including the stabilizer?
Old 26th April 2012, 23:02   #2553
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi

i-Clean 1.2 ton MRP is 38190 as per the website:i-Clean: Hitachi Home & Life Solutions (India) Ltd.

Is 39k including the stabilizer?
Yes. Including stabiliser and some fitting stand. Installation charges extra, and needs to be paid to company personnel!

Ordered it today. Will be installing it tomorrow.
Old 27th April 2012, 11:45   #2554
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Including stabiliser and some fitting stand. Installation charges extra, and needs to be paid to company personnel!

Ordered it today. Will be installing it tomorrow.
Thats a nice deal. Can you post your review after the installation?

We have a 6yr old 1.5 ton LG AC. No problem with it except the huge power bills we are paying every motnh. Planning to go for a more efficient one. Not able to decide whether to go for Hitachi i-Clean or LG Inverter AC.

Which is the beter one to go for? Our main concern is the power bills which are shooting up.
Old 27th April 2012, 16:58   #2555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshunlimited View Post
I am bending towards Hitachi RAT518ESD.
I bought this to replace my parent's 14 year old General. It has too many functions available to the user, making it slow to learn. The fan throw is perhaps lower than the General. I am yet to completely put a stamp on that fact. Everything else is quite nice. A good replacement, does the job well and the fact that it is 5 star rated tilted the scales in its favour. There is not much available in terms of literature as the model is relatively new. I will soon find out the impact to the electricity bill and will post more.
Old 27th April 2012, 17:26   #2556
BHPian

Quote:
Getting a deal of 39k for hitachi 1.2 ton i-clean ac, and 37k for similar one without i-clean. Might get the 37k one tomorrow since everyone I spoke with had only good things to say about Hitachi ac. Service centre is also close-by.

Any particular disadvantages with Hitachi?
IMO Hitachi has the worst After sales any brand can have. Have had extremely bad experience with their service and had to personally visit their Gurgaon service centre and shout on top of my voice to get my case attended after 1 week of request.

Also have had a very bad experience with the Quadricool 2T Window (maybe I was sold a lemon). In last 6 years it has got a complete inside thermocol body change, a motor change, a gas recharge and this year again is due for a recharge. All this when it was used regularly for only 2 years and later used as a backup unit only because I was so fed up that I had bought a General Split. Have finally decided this year to sell it for 5K and swore to never buy a Hitachi again.

But will that deter you or others from buying a Hitachi? A big no I guess!

Last edited by WanderNomad : 27th April 2012 at 17:28.
Old 27th April 2012, 17:55   #2557
Senior - BHPian

I think we are all sold lemons from time to time. In my case the Lemon was Samsung, and the savior Hitachi. I have three of them and have been extremely happy with both the performance and the service.
Old 28th April 2012, 18:05   #2558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Here is the picture of ice formation on indoor unit fins. I will get the unit checked this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I have also concluded that this is definitely a gas loss problem, will get it checked this weekend.
So parents got the A/C fixed today, as guessed it was a gas leak from the connection point (outdoor unit). New gas was filled and asked Rs.1800, dad bargained and finally paid Rs.1650. Friendly Neighborhood mechanic was called for this job.

Last edited by bluevolt : 28th April 2012 at 18:08.
Old 30th April 2012, 10:05   #2559
BANNED

Old and new EER ratings.

There have been doubts about these many times. So I have now scanned and uploaded these from a recent Panasonic advertisement.
Attached Thumbnails
The home / office air-conditioner thread-panasonic.jpg  

Old 30th April 2012, 12:10   #2560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
IMO Hitachi has the worst After sales any brand can have.
Guess all the so called good AC brands like Hitachi, Carrier, panasonic, etc have poor service in India and the so called inferior ones like LG, Samsung, etc have good service.Was getting pathetic service support for my old carrier AC all these days. Got a new Panasonic unit installed yesterday and the work carried out by their installing team was pathetic.
Maybe it's always a toss up between a good product (or) good service.

Last edited by Daewood : 30th April 2012 at 12:11.
Old 30th April 2012, 14:24   #2561
BANNED

@Daewood; A lot depends on the dealer. If the person who supplied you the system is good you will get service once out of warranty. Problems come if the compressor packs up after, say, 3 years. Then you are stuck with the pathetic service of the manufacturer. In Kanpur both LG and Samsung used to be good, until Samsung outsourced it. Now they are worse than pathetic. LG continues to be good. Hitachi, Daikin etc. often have the dealer (esp a biggie) as the service centre as well.
Old 30th April 2012, 15:27   #2562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Old and new EER ratings.

There have been doubts about these many times. So I have now scanned and uploaded these from a recent Panasonic advertisement.
This is a clear guide, thanks.

Now GE has air conditioners in India, dealer has quoted for 3 star, 1.5 splits 27000 including fitting, I need 7 units. Anyone has bought it so far? I know it's new, but then they have brand equity.

--Ramky
=======
Old 30th April 2012, 16:58   #2563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Finally could not take the heat anymore and bought a couple of Panasonic 1T 2Star CS-UC12NKY. Did not want to bother about the star rating since being in Bangalore, won't use it for more than a month per year.

Not installed yet, more after installation. Got it for 19K each (retailing for 23k) from a known dealer.
Panasonic installation - Very professional. The installers clearly said stabilizer is not needed.

The AC itself is very quiet. Even the external unit is silent. The room cools down in seconds. But Bangalore weather has been terrific since I bought the AC so not used much so far.

Waiting for the Sun...
Old 1st May 2012, 08:53   #2564
BHPian

Hi,

We have a 6yr old 1.5 ton LG AC. No problem with it except the huge power bills we are paying every motnh. Planning to go for a more efficient one.

Not able to decide whether to go for Hitachi i-Clean or LG Inverter AC. Hitachi i-Clean is 5Star rated but LG Inverter AC is newer technology and claims to be mroe efficient than 5Star. We had good experience with LG so far. Not sure of Hitachi's service.

Which is the beter one to go for? Our main concern is the power bills which are shooting up.

Any other brands we should consider?
Old 1st May 2012, 09:12   #2565
BANNED

@Pallavi; See post 2559 above. 5* just says EER 3.3 and above. A good inverter model should run rings round a non-inverter model. LG should be good, but Hitachi is a premium label. Also, take a look at Daikin, General and (maybe) Panasonic. These three are supposed to be the kings of the split world.

Since you are not on the coast condenser construction (aluminium or Copper) should not really matter for you.

Most Viewed