Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2012, 22:54   #2611
BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
Folks in case of a comparison between Daikin & Hitaichi similar units i.e. same tonnage which in your opinion is a better brand WRT efficacy i.e. cooling and service (warranty or AMC as the case maybe).
Hi RS_DEL,

Regarding Hitachi, I can tell you, performance of machine is at par with what you can expect from a Japanese firm. But when it comes to After Sales Service, they are worse than anyone else you may have come across. I bought most expensive 1.5 Ton 5 star window unit to have a comfortable ambiance in my room and peace of mind. AC performance is very good but "peace of mind" goes to negative when you have to chase liars at Hitachi Service Center. They are trained liars and they make you feel like you are begging them for taking care of your needs. Now it is your personal decision to go in that sort of experience or chose someone else.

Some more on built of Hitachi AC...when my AC got delivered, I realized the AC enclosure is built with very thin metal sheet. Installation man who came to my house told me that it is one of most delicate enclosure he has seen, and he told me to see Voltas AC enclosures, they are most robust in terms of sheet thickness. And I can't disagree with him as I have a TATA Indica Xeta and I can see the kind of steel TATA has used in my car

Another one, Hitachi's LCD Remote control is a spoiled kid. It does not listen to you 40% of the time. And it seems more of a problem at signal receiver installed in the main unit rather than a problem with Remote, that is my guess. Google search with "Hitachi AC Remote not working" will get you more such experiences so looks like a common issue.

Good luck, and if I can qualify to be a well wisher, I will suggest to avoid Hitachi. You don't want to write a long "Bad experience " after buying most expensive thing in the market, it hurts more, you feel cheated. Also, check other websites like "mouthshut" or "consumercomplaint" and you will come across 100 of horror stories. I count myself lucky when I came across those horror stories.

Just check my experience above and you will see on this page itself that @wandernomad has mentioned he had worse experience. End of the day, your money...your choice my friend but wanted to alert a fellow BHPian, do some more due diligence on Hitachi. No comments on Daikin as I have never used there products.

Good luck,
Dharmesh
Old 19th May 2012, 13:35   #2612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmeshmahajan View Post
Hi RS_DEL,

Regarding Hitachi, I can tell you, performance of machine is at par with what you can expect from a Japanese firm. But when it comes to After some more due diligence on Hitachi. No comments on Daikin as I have never used there products.

Good luck,
Dharmesh
Thanks Dharmesh. It really does seem like a situation where irrespective of amount of information one gathers and makes a decision, eventually the usage experience is more or less a toss of a coin. For every brand there are negative reports if one does go back far enough in this thread. Has me wondering if I need to spend on the most expensive brands or simply settle for a middle rung brand like a Voltas or Whirlpool or one of the Koreans and see how it pans out. If the usage experience is OK and the usage cost is not a killer then stick with this option, or else later on revisit this issue and upgrade to the upper end of the scale i.e. the inverter tech segment .
Old 19th May 2012, 15:46   #2613
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Need some urgent help from you guys, we've been looking for a 1.5 ton split air conditioner for some time, and in the end we are very confused to either buy a inverter AC or 5 star or 3 star one.

The AC will be used on an avg. 2 hrs a day maximum, so i guess stretching for an inverter ac won't be beneficial for us, so currently i have to decide between 3 star and 5 star one .

I've searched in market quite a bit, and found following ac which suits my need :-

1- Daikin 1.5 ton 3 star split ac for 28k

2- Voltas 1.5 ton split 5 star for 32k

3- Sharp 1.5 ton split 3 star for around 28k

4- Voltas 1.5 ton split 3 star around 27k

All above prices are exclusive stabilizer and installation cost, and in daikin i have to buy pipe, which comes as default in other ac's but not in daikin so additional 2k for daikin .

So, which one will be the best bet from all above mentioned ac's, and i am open for other options too as long as, they are cheap and best.

I am a little bit inclined towards sharp and daikin, will be making final decision tomorrow, so need your help guys

Thanks
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 19th May 2012 at 15:48.
Old 20th May 2012, 21:11   #2614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Hi guys,

So, which one will be the best bet from all above mentioned ac's, and i am open for other options too as long as, they are cheap and best.

I am a little bit inclined towards sharp and daikin, will be making final decision tomorrow, so need your help guys

Thanks
Sameer
did you try to enquire about Onida AC's i have been using 2 of their window AC's and they are really good. Also the built quality is pretty sturdy.
Old 20th May 2012, 23:22   #2615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Hi guys,

Need some urgent help from you guys, we've been looking for a 1.5 ton split air conditioner for some time, and in the end we are very confused to either buy a inverter AC or 5 star or 3 star one.

The AC will be used on an avg. 2 hrs a day maximum, so i guess stretching for an inverter ac won't be beneficial for us, so currently i have to decide between 3 star and 5 star one .

I've searched in market quite a bit, and found following ac which suits my need :-

1- Daikin 1.5 ton 3 star split ac for 28k

2- Voltas 1.5 ton split 5 star for 32k

3- Sharp 1.5 ton split 3 star for around 28k

4- Voltas 1.5 ton split 3 star around 27k

Thanks
Sameer
Went ahead and got myself, sharp 1.5 ton split ac, got an amazing deal, as shop owner is a known person. Got installation done today itself, looks amazing and cools well, so all in all money well spent

Was confused between sharp and daikin, and even shop owner ( family ) recommended me sharp, so went ahead and purchased it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
did you try to enquire about Onida AC's i have been using 2 of their window AC's and they are really good. Also the built quality is pretty sturdy.
Thanks for the suggestion , but i already have an onida 1.5 ton window ac at home, purchased 2 years back, the only reason we went with onida was, that you can get AMC done from company itself .

Works well, i must say. Till now i am happy with it .

As i already have one onida at home, plus didn't really liked onida's split ac . It was around 26k for a 3 star one .

Got myself sharp one, looks well and performs very well . Really liked the build quality of the ac .

Cheers
Sameer
Old 21st May 2012, 16:45   #2616
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a 2.0 ton Split AC (whirlpool) using from past 2 years with 1 service done last year.

I noticed yesterday that its "Clean Airfilter' sign started blinking? I plan to call the company so they can come over and clean the filter.

My question is can i use the AC till weekend with that sign continously blinking? Hope there will be no repercussions?
Old 22nd May 2012, 14:30   #2617
BHPian

Need some advice guys.

I have to buy an AC for a room that is 11 X 11. I have decided to go for the inverter series split AC. I am also going for R410 refrigerant as R22 will be discontinued by 2018 AFAIK. Is my choice for a 1 ton AC correct or do i need to buy a 1.5 ton one?

Here are my options with details. All are INVERTER tech models -

1. Daikin R410 1 Ton : 36000, does not include any copper tubes so copper tube will cost around 2100 more
2. Sharp R410 1 Ton : 33000, includes 4m of copper tube
3. Panasonic R410 1 Ton : Cant recall the cost, please help me with it and it includes 4m of tube.

Stabilizer for 2500 and installation charges of 1500 are common. Also common is the cost of wiring and drain pipe and MCB for 300 rupees.

Which do you guys think is the best out of these brands?

PS - i am only interested in inverter models as i already have one and it consumes very low power in comparison to my other ACs.

Also R22 models are cheaper but if R22 is getting banned in 2018 then i am not interested in them.

Thanks.
Old 22nd May 2012, 15:30   #2618
BANNED

@M5_Fan; I think the ban on R22 will come in in 2022. Also, as is happening with R12 it will be available 'on the sly' for quite some time.

However, I fully endorse your decision to go the R410 way. I have to replace my bedroom AC (Videocon 2001!) with a new unit. It is a 2TR unit but I feel a modern 1.5TR may be Ok. This will be done before next summer., again R410 inverter will be my choice.
Old 22nd May 2012, 15:33   #2619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk
@M5_Fan; I think the ban on R22 will come in in 2022. Also, as is happening with R12 it will be available 'on the sly' for quite some time.

However, I fully endorse your decision to go the R410 way. I have to replace my bedroom AC (Videocon 2001!) with a new unit. It is a 2TR unit but I feel a modern 1.5TR may be Ok. This will be done before next summer., again R410 inverter will be my choice.
Thanks sir, but what brand do you think i should prefer out of the above 3.
Old 22nd May 2012, 15:54   #2620
BHPian

Got home a Daikin 1.8T 3 star non inverter for master bedroom. Costed me 37K and total expense was abt 42K.

Now guys do those assembled units still sell? I have a Hitachi 2T window and I had decided to sell it off this season however parents aren’t ok selling it for a paltry 5K. The unit had a gas leak last year which I got recharged however no leakage point could be identified. The gas has leaked again and I am not keen on getting it recharged as most likely no leakage point will be identified again and it will become a loop. There is a persistent problem of the blade rubbing against the thermocol inside which needs some adjustment every few days. Hitachi technician says it’s a very common problem with the initial Quadricools. The front grill also needs a change. Above all the overall cooling in the room was very bad last year though the grill temperature was fine and as per technicians there was nothing wrong with the AC. I have had a very poor experience with Hitachi service so I am definitely not going to them for any of these problems.

Considering so many issues with this unit, I am thinking if we still have those assembled units then I could salvage compressor and motor from this unit and get an otherwise new machine.

Last edited by WanderNomad : 22nd May 2012 at 15:56.
Old 22nd May 2012, 19:07   #2621
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
Thanks sir, but what brand do you think i should prefer out of the above 3.
A tough one. I will rate Daikin as Numero Uno. Now Sharp is a dark horse bu most of their products are excellent. Like they can sweep the floor with the competition with the competition in flat screen TVs. If you can get Sharp service then it is too tough to call.
Old 24th May 2012, 15:57   #2622
BHPian

Guys, any idea where one can find user manual of Voltas Vertis Premium 1.5T Split AC.

Bought the unit last year, however I have lost the user manual. Checked with Voltas a**, their offical site and even Google, no luck.
Old 24th May 2012, 16:33   #2623
BHPian

I need to buy a 2 ton aircon for my office and I am looking at the Daikin FT60M 5 star machine.

I have a couple of questions:
1. I am being quoted Rs.50000+installation for Daikin FT60M. Is this a fair price?
2. Should I consider any other brand - like OGeneral? Also, I looked at LG Inverter V (Model: BS-Q246C7M1) priced at Rs.53000+installation and the specs seem to be good, but I am not sure if this LG machine would be as good as the Daikin.

Experts, please share your thoughts.

Just to let you know, I have 3 Daikin and 1 Carrier split airconditioners in my office.

Thanks!

Last edited by ece2k2 : 24th May 2012 at 16:40.
Old 24th May 2012, 19:09   #2624
BANNED

@ece2k2; I hear General (not O General!) is as good as Daikin. I think it is the label of Fujitsu, and is very popular in the gulf. I will not put LG in the same league.
Old 25th May 2012, 12:44   #2625
BHPian

thanks for the suggestion sgiitk

I am just thinking to go in for the Inverter air-conditioner this time. But I still couldn't decide about the brand - primarily because of the COP figures.

I am inclined towards Daikin FTKD71, but its COP is 2.71 (according to Daikin India website). Surprisingly, Panasonic's inverter model CS-PS24NKY has a COP of 3.11 and LG's inverter V AC also has a higher COP. Typically, Daikin's COP is higher than the competition, but that doesn't seem to be true for the Daikin's inverter range of air-conditioners. Am I missing something here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks