Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2012, 14:55   #8881
BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Guys,

Need help on this. Am getting a galaxy pocket for myself very soon, but one thing that is putting me off is the supposedly cramped virtual qwerty keyboard. Would it be possible to do the typing via an alphanumeric keyboard display? Or is qwerty the only option?

Do they have it as an option, or could I add it thru some application? Please help me out guys, am totally confused.
Old 2nd June 2012, 20:19   #8882
BHPian

In 15000 range I think Motorola Defy plus and Sony Live with walkman. But please tell me which is best. Have heard Defy plus has rebooting problems? Will it be safe to one.
Old 3rd June 2012, 01:19   #8883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
Hi All,

Needs to which is the best Anroid phone in the price range of 10000 to 18000. Also want to know the best BB in the same range.

Regards,
Gopi
Best android Phone in that range according to me would be an imported Samsung i897 Captivate or Galaxy S
For those who prefer the indian ones for peace of mind Samsung Ace Plus / Htc ChaCha

Blackberry would be a Curve 9320

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
In 15000 range I think Motorola Defy plus and Sony Live with walkman. But please tell me which is best. Have heard Defy plus has rebooting problems? Will it be safe to one.
I have even stopped considering motorola after 2 back to back lemons

Last edited by petroheadd : 3rd June 2012 at 01:21.
Old 3rd June 2012, 08:07   #8884
Senior - BHPian

HappyRoadie -
Defy plus and recurring problems? That is news.

Atleast the defy had no such issues. Except the crappy camera and therelative low name of Motorola - I don't see what else fault one can find with it.

See any phone brand has lemons or users getting LCDs/motherboards changed (incl samsung/sony) etc. The majority of motorola users are happy with their phones - just like everyone else.
Old 3rd June 2012, 08:14   #8885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroheadd View Post
Best android Phone in that range according to me would be an imported Samsung i897 Captivate or Galaxy S
For those who prefer the indian ones for peace of mind Samsung Ace Plus / Htc ChaCha
Blackberry would be a Curve 9320
Quote:
Hi All,
Needs to which is the best Anroid phone in the price range of 10000 to 18000. Also want to know the best BB in the same range.
Regards,
Gopi
HTC One V @ 17K or even lower at the local stores is the best option at this price. It comes with ICS out of the box.

I wouldn't look at blackberry, unless I am a one of those BBM fans and I have to configure my work email on blackberry,which is not possible on android as most companies don't allow email sync on android.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroheadd View Post
I have even stopped considering motorola after 2 back to back lemons
Could you share more info about your experience ?
Old 3rd June 2012, 08:37   #8886
BHPian

I want to buy a new mobile for myself and cant decide between the Samsung galaxy ace plus and the sony xperia U. Although price is not an issue, i dont want to spend too much on something which gets outdated and upgraded after a couple of months. I like the sony purely coz of its design (i somehow like its square profile). Should i consider any other mobile. With the monsoons fast approaching is it worth thinking about water resistant cells such as Motorola defy+.
Old 3rd June 2012, 09:29   #8887
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Regards,
Gopi
Take a look at HTC One V, Xperia Neo V, Xperia U, Motorola Defy+.

Out of these, One V and Xperia U comes with ICS out of the box. Neo V comes with Gingerbread but it has got ICS update already (mine is running ICS 4.0.4). Defy+ will not be updated to ICS officially ever (you can go the root path and enjoy ICS if you want).

All of them have their own pros and cons, check out their detailed reviews on GSMarena and decide.
Old 3rd June 2012, 17:25   #8888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I can vouch for reliability of buytheprice. I had purchased my Neo V from them and received it in 2 days flat. One of friend also bought a phone from them and had no issues at all. They send the phone via DTDC, so it's not as good as say Flipkart's own courier, but it's not bad at all.
And I can vouch for their unreliability. I bought Xperia Neo V from them. First they couriered late and also did not inform the courier company about they taking care of Octroi. The courier company wanted me to pay Octroi so I sent the item back. Lots of mails and calls in next few days later, finally the item was delivered. I will not buy from them again.
Old 5th June 2012, 12:15   #8889
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Dumb question - which is the best headphone/bluetooth within 3k in terms of pure sound quality. Something which can be a bit loud will be good too.

I need to call into a pathetic US conference call number for 4-5 hours daily and the stock headphones on the chacha are simply pathetic.

I am seriously troubled with the sound quality but it remains as bad when dialing in via skype on the computer so the headphone sounds like the best bet.
Old 5th June 2012, 12:20   #8890
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Guys,

Dumb question - which is the best headphone/bluetooth within 3k in terms of pure sound quality. Something which can be a bit loud will be good too.

/tried skype, landline, changing phones - the call quality is basically crappy.

Try Bluetooth headsets of Jabra or Nokia. Both are decent brands and you can get a nice headsets in 3-4k range.

Last edited by bblost : 5th June 2012 at 12:33. Reason: Fixed the quote issue after moving here.
Old 5th June 2012, 12:33   #8891
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Guys,

I need to call into a pathetic US conference call number for 4-5 hours daily and the stock headphones on the chacha are simply pathetic.

I am seriously troubled with the sound quality but it remains as bad when dialing in via skype on the computer so the headphone sounds like the best bet.

Any other ideas?
/tried skype, landline, changing phones - the call quality is basically crappy.

Look for the sony MW series, preferably 600 on ebay.
Bang within the 3k mark, and I have been using a predecessor, the 400, for about 4 years now.
I use it in the car, and for movies on the tab and I only need recharge it every sunday.
receive about 30 minutes of calls a day, and 30-40 minutes of movies daily.

Best bit was, i lost it for a year, and when I found it, just dusted it off, and good to go.
Old 5th June 2012, 13:28   #8892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I own a Sony Ericsson HBH-DS200 Stereo Bluetooth Headset. It provides a standard 3.5mm headphone jack, so you can connect any headphone of your choice to the bluetooth receiver.

The voice quality during calls and sound quality for music is amazing. Loudness is also more than sufficient.

Similar models are available from Nokia and Samsung also.

Rohan
Old 5th June 2012, 19:21   #8893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
And I can vouch for their unreliability. I bought Xperia Neo V from them. First they couriered late and also did not inform the courier company about they taking care of Octroi. The courier company wanted me to pay Octroi so I sent the item back. Lots of mails and calls in next few days later, finally the item was delivered. I will not buy from them again.
Well, they told me to inform them individually for each other, so that they can take care of Octroi. Thats not too cool, I know... but if you getting a lower price, what the heck! Anyway, Octroi is the curse of Maharashtra... other states shouldn't have issues.
Old 6th June 2012, 11:03   #8894
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys,

If you're looking for sound quality, go no further than the Jabra BT3030. You can wear it as a dog tag (my preference) or clip it onto your t-shirt (clip-on is provided too).

The good:

- Decent battery life
- Awesome bass (some people might need to turn down the bass though)
- Excellent headphones. Watch out when walking on the street with it as you can't hear any traffic noise. Stereo is LOUD
- Seamless phone -> headset integration via bluetooth
- Take / End calls. Once the call ends, the music automatically resumes
- Takes only 2 hours to charge

The bad:

- Treble isn't as good as the bass
- No battery level indicator
- No FM Radio (Sony MW-600 has it)
- More expensive than the Sony MW-600

I got my Jabra off Ebay for 3K odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Look for the sony MW series, preferably 600 on ebay.
I wouldn't recommend the MW600 at all. Primary reason : It frequently hangs up. And once the device hangs, there is no hard reset option. You have to wait until the battery completely wears out (think 7 - 10 days). Ask me because I've been through 2 MW600's before buying the Jabra.

Last edited by GTO : 7th June 2012 at 13:50.
Old 6th June 2012, 11:12   #8895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO

If you're looking for sound quality, go no further than the Jabra. You) or clip it onto your t-shirt (clip-on is provided too).
Ask me because I've been through 2 MW600's before buying the Jabra.
Which model in Jabra are you referring to ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks