Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2012, 12:06   #8551
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Nope, there's no 4G on the Atrix 2 here in India. The 4G model is called the Atrix 4G and it is not available out here.
After some research, found that the US model also doesn't carry LTE. They are using HSPA+ for 4G implementation. That's the catch of it.
Old 12th April 2012, 12:09   #8552
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Nope, there's no 4G on the Atrix 2 here in India. The 4G model is called the Atrix 4G and it is not available out here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
After some research, found that the US model also doesn't carry LTE. They are using HSPA+ for 4G implementation. That's the catch of it.
I was not sure about it and hence did not comment. I dont even use 3G!
I am on the humble GPRS. If not then on Wifi connecting to fat pipe.
Old 12th April 2012, 12:11   #8553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I was not sure about it and hence did not comment. I dont even use 3G!
I am on the humble GPRS. If not then on Wifi connecting to fat pipe.
Thats the case for me too But just some future proofing, that's all. Even without LTE at 21K its a decent buy.
Old 12th April 2012, 12:15   #8554
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thats the case for me too But just some future proofing, that's all. Even without LTE at 21K its a decent buy.
Overall I am very happy with the phone and battery life. Set-ups were very very easy.
I was up and running in 15 minutes with all accounts up.

I dont think we cant expect more than 1.5-2 days of battery life even if we do minimal things. (Office/perosnal mail,
some apps FB/G+/bhp etc on Edge/Wifi). The big displays themselves would consume.

Last edited by ampere : 12th April 2012 at 12:20.
Old 12th April 2012, 12:32   #8555
BHPian

guys I need help. I got the net pack activated on my defy plus yesterday, and ever since, I am experiencing random shutdowns. Have any of you guys faced this problem too? What should I do? help please.
Old 12th April 2012, 12:33   #8556
Team-BHP Support

Anyone know where in Bangalore you can get the S2 I9100. Looks like everyone is stocking the I9100G and not the I9100.
Old 12th April 2012, 12:53   #8557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteemer View Post
guys I need help. I got the net pack activated on my defy plus yesterday, and ever since, I am experiencing random shutdowns. Have any of you guys faced this problem too? What should I do? help please.
Look back a few posts/pages. Someone has posted info which might help you.

On another note, I bought a Defy+ in the last week of march this year and within 2-3 days the screen started to shiver and scroll up and down on its own randomly. Orientation used to change when the phone was tilted so it must have been some hardware issue.

Gave the phone to the service center on the 5th day and i was told that a DOA letter will be provided to me within 7 working days (awaiting the same and i may get it in the next couple of days). When asked what the problem was they couldn't explain. They just said the phone will be replaced (since i brought it within 7 days of purchase). Take the letter to the place where you bought it and get a new one. So i asked, what is the new one also has some problem like this or something else like you mentioned? Standard reply - if its under warranty, bring it and we'll send it for repair.

I bought the damn phone since it was water/dust/shock resistant (helps when riding) but once i get the letter i've decided to go with Samsung in the same price range. Loved the phone absolutely but sadly will have to let it go.

I couldn't find this issue on google or any resolution for it.
Old 12th April 2012, 13:38   #8558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Look back a few posts/pages. Someone has posted info which might help you.

On another note, I bought a Defy+ in the last week of march this year and within 2-3 days the screen started to shiver and scroll up and down on its own randomly. Orientation used to change when the phone was tilted so it must have been some hardware issue.

Gave the phone to the service center on the 5th day and i was told that a DOA letter will be provided to me within 7 working days (awaiting the same and i may get it in the next couple of days). When asked what the problem was they couldn't explain. They just said the phone will be replaced (since i brought it within 7 days of purchase). Take the letter to the place where you bought it and get a new one. So i asked, what is the new one also has some problem like this or something else like you mentioned? Standard reply - if its under warranty, bring it and we'll send it for repair.

I bought the damn phone since it was water/dust/shock resistant (helps when riding) but once i get the letter i've decided to go with Samsung in the same price range. Loved the phone absolutely but sadly will have to let it go.

I couldn't find this issue on google or any resolution for it.
This is a known bug on Defy's when plugged in to charger. I too had this issue initially on my wifey's defy. Strangely though, it doesn't repeat after a couple of weeks
Old 12th April 2012, 13:56   #8559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a known bug on Defy's when plugged in to charger. I too had this issue initially on my wifey's defy. Strangely though, it doesn't repeat after a couple of weeks
My phone was never plugged into the charger when this screen issue used to occur. Seriously wondering if i should go ahead with the Defy+ replacement or move on to Samsung.
Old 12th April 2012, 14:06   #8560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
My phone was never plugged into the charger when this screen issue used to occur. Seriously wondering if i should go ahead with the Defy+ replacement or move on to Samsung.
I suggest to give it one more try If you're a customization friendly person, Defy/Defy+ is still the best option in the range given the large number of custom ROMs and support
Old 12th April 2012, 14:09   #8561
BANNED

@n_aditya; Have you given htc a thought. It is like an addiction - one into it never out of it. Build quality is probably the best. To root either you unlock the bootloader (htc way) or achieve S-off (revolutionary.io). Both are quite painless. Of course XDA will guide you for the rest.
Old 12th April 2012, 14:12   #8562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@n_aditya; Have you given htc a thought. It is like an addiction - one into it never out of it. Build quality is probably the best. To root either you unlock the bootloader (htc way) or achieve S-off (revolutionary.io). Both are quite painless. Of course XDA will guide you for the rest.
Ummm.. I did take a look at HTC but settled for the Defy+ since its pretty well shielded from the elements of nature. This is my first touch phone so the rest of your post made no sense at all to me. Got to do some reading up, thanks anyway.
Old 12th April 2012, 14:23   #8563
BANNED

@n_aditya; root is a term derived from Unix - provide full access. You will need it for many things, like a full system backup, shooting screenshots, changing CPU speed (aka overclocking, etc). All these need root access. I moved to Android (from BB which I had for six months) less than a year ago. I am no guru (like DKaile, Clevermax, etc) but do understand a little bit. htc phones come with security on so have to be unlocked. Others do not have this additional security so are easier to unlock. XDA is XDA-dvelopers.com the mecca for all would be (and existing) hackers.
Old 12th April 2012, 14:38   #8564
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Anyone know where in Bangalore you can get the S2 I9100. Looks like everyone is stocking the I9100G and not the I9100.
Hi Vid6639,

You can check with Croma in Bangalore. I was recently browsing the Croma stores in Gurgaon for the S2 I9100 and they were still carrying some stocks of the I9100 and price was ~28k after the recent price drop. I ended up buying from Alfa in Mumbai (just 2 days ago) and got a price of 27,250 for the I9100 (with B&W). Without B&W it was available there for 24K.

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 12th April 2012 at 14:39.
Old 12th April 2012, 15:05   #8565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am no guru (like DKaile, Clevermax, etc) but do understand a little bit.
I am also no guru.. nowhere near that just learning things from xda and similar forums, and trying them out!

Has anyone tried the V6 Supercharger script from xda on your GB or ICS ROMs? If yes, please post experiences.. I am not sure whether that's a generic script or specific one for some models. In ICS, you need to replace the superuser binary and another file services.jar in order to get this work fully. In GB, its relatively easier to run.

Last edited by clevermax : 12th April 2012 at 15:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks