Old 21st August 2012, 19:58   #10831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG SARAN

Hey Harshal

Sent u a PM regarding the defy+.

Please reply.
Hi

I have responded to your PM. I would also advise you to post here. You will get better and more responses from various other defy + users. There are defy / defy+ users who have been using the same for a long time. I am a 4 month old baby in defy world
Old 21st August 2012, 23:09   #10832
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Good news for 2011 Xperia owners.

Quote:
Starting from this week*, Xperia arc, Xperia arc S, Xperia neo, Xperia neo V, Xperia mini, Xperia pro, Xperia active and Xperia ray will receive a new Ice Cream Sandwich software update that comes with bug fixes, performance tweaks and other improvements.
No confirmation on Jelly Bean roll-out though. But something is better than nothing, right?

Source - New Ice Cream Sandwich software version for 2011 Xperia
Old 22nd August 2012, 00:27   #10833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
It erases all the stored settings and apps on the phone without manhandling the user data like gallery, music etc. All the user installed apps are however deleted.

I know only about Samsung phones, however, and am not sure if its the same for HTC.
Does this also disable settings like the Mobile tracker on Samsung?
Asking as my Galaxy note was stolen recently with Mobile Tracker, Where's my droid and another protection app.

While the chances of getting it back are rare, it would be interesting to know if it's actually this easy to by pass these supposed security apps.
Old 22nd August 2012, 03:36   #10834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Good news for 2011 Xperia owners.

No confirmation on Jelly Bean roll-out though. But something is better than nothing, right?

Source - New Ice Cream Sandwich software version for 2011 Xperia
Great! Thanks for posting that. They better have fixed the magnetometer, LED massive lag in dialler and WiFi, and lot of other things they messed up. I was half hoping they would skip this update and go directly to Jellybeans, considering the time they took for fixing even critical bugs. Anyway, as you said - something is better than nothing.

Last edited by Raccoon : 22nd August 2012 at 03:54.
Old 22nd August 2012, 03:41   #10835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Great! Thanks for posting that. They better have fixed the magnetometer, LED and WiFi issues. I was half hoping they would skip this update and go directly to Jellybeans, considering the time they took for fixing even critical bugs. Anyway, as you said - something is better than nothing.
I am actually pretty happy with current version of ICS on my Neo V. I don't use the LED, but haven't faced any issues with either wifi or magnetometer. I've used Sygic navigation in last 2 weeks comprehensively and it works great.
Old 22nd August 2012, 03:48   #10836
Senior - BHPian

^^^Issue is with G maps. The magnetometer does not work with G maps at all. At least not on the Ray. Really needed the navigation couple of times recently and was really pissed at Sony. Didn't have time to look at other options, so not looked at Sygic yet. Is it better than G maps inside Indian cities? Anyway, if you are happy with the current version, its more likely because you haven't used the features that are broken. Which is good for you... but you can see on the Sony forums that they have a lot of pissed customers because of their shabby updates.
Old 22nd August 2012, 08:21   #10837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon
^^^Issue is with G maps. The magnetometer does not work with G maps at all. At least not on the Ray. Really needed the navigation couple of times recently and was really pissed at Sony. Didn't have time to look at other options, so not looked at Sygic yet. Is it better than G maps inside Indian cities? Anyway, if you are happy with the current version, its more likely because you haven't used the features that are broken. Which is good for you... but you can see on the Sony forums that they have a lot of pissed customers because of their shabby updates.
I haven't tried sygic in India, so can't comment on that. Here in the us it's almost on par with Google maps. Their POIs are pretty good and features like lane assist work really well.
Old 22nd August 2012, 09:21   #10838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Am using Sygic from the old Symbian days. Its indeed a great app and works great in India. I am from kerala and I don't find any difficulty in finding any places (other than spelling mistakes in town names). POI feature is indeed a boon and since they work offline, much faster than G Maps.
Old 22nd August 2012, 09:50   #10839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Regarding the note - got my doctor to return his Galaxy Note for iPad2. He's currently torn between BB Torch and SGS2 for the phone job! Let's see what he chooses!
So that was december. Met him yesterday and he has sold his wife's BB bold (3?) and now has ipad2 + ip4 + ip4s. He is soon getting the mac desktop for his kids and will get the ip5 as soon as its released.

He is again the kinda chap who has no patience for the usual android qwirks and wants a nice stable full featured system out of the box.

on a side note - if you hate someone, buy them an HTC chacha. Its good only if lag is acceptable and you barely install anything except facebook.
Old 22nd August 2012, 11:08   #10840
BHPian

Remember, I had warned you pretty obvoiusly not to go for the chacha...
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:10   #10841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
agreed. but i have the exact same opinion about all qwerty androids

Where can i find S2 for the cheapest price currently? The wife needs to buy a latest dual core device and I don't think buying her a phone without warranty (GNexus) is good for world peace.

Any other ideas for 25k budget?
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:39   #10842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Phamilyman...The S2 retails around 27k. I think you should push your budget to 27 and get that S2

S2 looks like the best option at that pricepoint.
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:47   #10843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Even I told you to buy a BB instead! But you just wouldn't listen :-p
Quote:
agreed. but i have the exact same opinion about all qwerty androids

Where can i find S2 for the cheapest price currently? The wife needs to buy a latest dual core device and I don't think buying her a phone without warranty (GNexus) is good for world peace.

Moto Atrix 2 is a good option at 20-21k, though I still feel you should take the risk and go for GNexus. Promise her that you won't touch the phone and world peace would be maintained na?

As for S2, I can see it going cheapest for 25k on Ebay or 26.4k at Sulekha. But do keep an eye out for Sulekha and HS18 deals. Ridiculously low prices at times!
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:09   #10844
BHPian

Quote:
I have Xperia Sola, I'm happy with it. It has dual core CPU with 512 MB RAM. Costs Rs 19,500.
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:26   #10845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025

Does this also disable settings like the Mobile tracker on Samsung?
Asking as my Galaxy note was stolen recently with Mobile Tracker, Where's my droid and another protection app.

While the chances of getting it back are rare, it would be interesting to know if it's actually this easy to by pass these supposed security apps.
I guess so. If you flash the phone with a newer rom all your settings and apps and everything else goes away. My friend also lost his note and inspite of all the trackers it couldnt be retrieved.

Im running a custom rom on my note and mobile tracker etc are absent. So i guess its easy to bypass these apps. Experts can comment further on this.

Regards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks