Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2016, 23:11   #24166

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukul32 View Post
Cyanogen and future proof are like antonyms these days. They broke ties with OnePlus, Micromax Yu and now apparently Lenovo too. .......
I bought a One Plus One last week and it came with CM 11. After almost a day of incremental updates, its up to CM 13 running on 6.0.1. Just my 2 cents.
Old 2nd August 2016, 06:04   #24167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
I bought a One Plus One last week and it came with CM 11. After almost a day of incremental updates, its up to CM 13 running on 6.0.1. Just my 2 cents.
Cyanogen OS and CyanogenMod are two different OS's right? I thought he was referring to Cyanogen support for these phones.
Old 2nd August 2016, 09:06   #24168
BHPian

To add some more fuel into the launcher and user interface debate:

Leaked 2016 Nexus Launcher ditches app drawer icon, adds “G” tab

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-nexuslauncherappdrawer840x569.jpg
Old 2nd August 2016, 09:47   #24169
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has experience with overcart.com?
They seem to be having pretty good deals and most of them have 6 months' manufacturer warranty as well.
Old 2nd August 2016, 14:32   #24170

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Anyone has experience with overcart.com?
They seem to be having pretty good deals and most of them have 6 months' manufacturer warranty as well.
The 1+1 mentioned above was bought from them and I have bought from them once before. All good. Any specific questions? please ask.
Old 2nd August 2016, 15:55   #24171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
To add some more fuel into the launcher and user interface debate:

Leaked 2016 Nexus Launcher ditches app drawer icon, adds “G” tab

It is not really a debate, it is just pointing out that everybody can have almost anything they want, almost regardless of the phone they buy. There is no 100%, and a tiny niggle for some will be a deal-breaker for others.

Curiously, I access my app draw by swiping up on the home screen. courtesy of Nova gestures.

When I get there, it still looks pretty sparse, because, again courtesy of Nova, I have hidden...

1. All the unnecessary paid-upgrade/licence/blah icons.
2. All the stuff that I just never use
3. All the apps that are in the dock or in folders on the home screens.

So my "app drawer" could be renamed as an "everything-else drawer!"

It works for me. I very, very rarely find myself scratching my head and searching for something I'm sure is there somewhere but just can't spot among the clutter.

This is the wonder of Android: we can have exactly what we want.

Well, ok... almost!

Old 2nd August 2016, 16:01   #24172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Even including stuff that I do every time I use the phone like double-tap to sleep
Which App do you use for this?

Till last month I was using Asus Zenfone 2 which had double tap screen on and off feature which I liked much and now with Moto G4 plus, I miss this feature. I tried with few Apps on play store and most of them only work to screen off with double tap and not vice versa. I want one to both on and off the screen.
Old 2nd August 2016, 16:36   #24173
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
The 1+1 mentioned above was bought from them and I have bought from them once before. All good. Any specific questions? please ask.
Nexus 6P 32GB listed for 21899, looks like a good deal. But I'm really not sure if refurb means the same thing in India and US. In US most of the refurbs are unused and like new and generally very safe to buy. Did you ever try claiming warranty for the device through the original manufacturer? Does overcart stand by their return policies?
Old 2nd August 2016, 17:03   #24174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Nexus 6P 32GB listed for 21899, looks like a good deal. But I'm really not sure if refurb means the same thing in India and US. In US most of the refurbs are unused and like new and generally very safe to buy. Did you ever try claiming warranty for the device through the original manufacturer? Does overcart stand by their return policies?
I had a brief chat with them and it seems most of the stuff sold there has manufacturer warranty. They also have a 7-day replacement/refund policy if there is some physical damage or problem with the device.

Some of the phones listed there are at pretty lucrative prices.
I am thinking to buy Honor 7 unboxed at 16.5K. It is listed at 23K in flipkart/amazon. It has all the features I am looking for. Seems like a good buy to me.
Old 2nd August 2016, 17:25   #24175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Which App do you use for [double-tap to sleep]?
Literally, and more technically, double tap to screen lock. It is another Nova Launcher feature under gestures and inputs.

I started using Nova with this phone. On the M4i, and previous Defy+, I was using Apex. I thought that I would not change, but gave Nova a try and found it a better fit.

One of the things that I need to do is to get rid of the Google search bar. Google may wish me to think otherwise, but my phone is not a direct line to them! Usually, if I want to google, I want to be in a browser anyway, but, best of both worlds, if I want to go to google, long-press on the home button takes me there.
Old 2nd August 2016, 17:27   #24176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Literally, and more technically, double tap to screen lock. It is another Nova Launcher feature under gestures and inputs.

I started using Nova with this phone. On the M4i, and previous Defy+, I was using Apex. I thought that I would not change, but gave Nova a try and found it a better fit.

One of the things that I need to do is to get rid of the Google search bar. Google may wish me to think otherwise, but my phone is not a direct line to them! Usually, if I want to google, I want to be in a browser anyway, but, best of both worlds, if I want to go to google, long-press on the home button takes me there.
Does this also work to wake up the screen? Say double tap to unlock.

Edit: Sorry I guess you already answered this in negative.

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 2nd August 2016 at 17:29. Reason: Addition
Old 2nd August 2016, 18:30   #24177
BHPian

Quote:
Does this also work to wake up the screen? Say double tap to unlock.

Edit: Sorry I guess you already answered this in negative.
Why its negative and why do you need to double tap when single touch to fingerprint sensor wakes up the screen?
Old 2nd August 2016, 21:37   #24178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
2 ideas:
a. Copy photos from iPhone to PC and from PC to OnePlus. Wonder why you haven't done that already. Less time than you invested in the above query
b. Did you know Swiftkey has a one handed mode? That way the keys are not excessively spaced out on a 5.5" screen. I found the initial key size on the Redmi Note 3 disconcertingly large (compared to the iPhone / Galaxy S3) and hence inaccurate.

PS: I love swiftkey!
For transfer, I didn't have a PC around so I used Photos app on OSX to import the photos from the iPhone and copied over the masters to OP3 via Handshaker app.

I noticed the one-handed mode in Swiftkey, but I switched back to Google keyboard because of the better positioning of the backspace key in the Dvorak layout.
Old 2nd August 2016, 22:04   #24179
BHPian

I've just got OnePlus 3 a week back and I'm facing a weird issue with the ring volume. When set in Priority mode via Alert slider, I'm missing some calls some times. In the Alert slider settings, the phone is configured to receive calls from anyone and messages from none. When I see that I've missed call(s), the ring tone volume is 0 (Zero) in the Sound settings and I need to increase the ring volume again to get calls.

Observed that this is happening in Priority mode and did not see this happen in All notifications mode.

Any idea on how to get rid of this. Couldn't get any solution for this on the net.

Phone is running OOS 3.2.2. Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd August 2016, 22:05   #24180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does this also work to wake up the screen? Say double tap to unlock
On my X Play... as far as I know, it does not. But all that is necessary to wake the phone is to pick it up and slide one of the icons on what i think it called the ambient display: the monochrome clock/notification screen which comes on when you pick the phone up.

So, wake by touch is sort-of there already, but not wake by tap.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks