Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2021, 11:00   #31021
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
To the gurus out there, I am looking for a phone with a budget of around 30k, not higher than that, preferably used for taking pictures, videos and editing, maybe a little bit of gaming. I would like to have a stock Android phone, one of my friend swears on One Plus Nord 2 even though it has Oxygen OS.

My current phone is a very old Note 5 Pro whose display broke last evening, although it has not given me any issues to date
I have been using Nord 2 12 GB since the date it was launched. Overall I am very very happy with it's performance with no issues what so ever. Prior to this I had 1+3T which did serve me very well.

Phone is extremely fast, camera as per my expectation, perfect size, very good reception both wifi and service provider and also awesome battery. It charges in flat 25 to 30 minutes.

Attaching a sample picture which I took in the evening with the sun almost setting.

I would recommend it to anyone who has a budget upto 35K.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img20210829181606.jpg  

Last edited by sunbaj : 29th September 2021 at 11:17.
sunbaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 14:36   #31022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superguy282 View Post
Hey everyone, I am looking for a replacement to my current phone at a budget of 15k and below(strict)

My requirements are (in order of importance):
#1 Near Stock Android(Clean UI without Bloatware basically)
Hi Superguy did you finally buy a phone with the specifications you mentioned. I also prefer Stock Android, there are very less options with stock UI. DId you check out the NOkia 5.4.
Old 30th September 2021, 00:37   #31023
Senior - BHPian

IIRC BBD sale starts from 3rd October but I see a price cut in pixel 4a already? Is this the sale price or will there be further reduction on 3rd Oct?

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-0af6cde653444a5785e371ce487aa3e4.jpeg

Last edited by SoumenD : 30th September 2021 at 00:39.
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 11:40   #31024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR96 View Post
Hi Superguy did you finally buy a phone with the specifications you mentioned. I also prefer Stock Android, there are very less options with stock UI. DId you check out the NOkia 5.4.
Sorry for the late reply, I haven't bought it yet. I checked out the Samsung M32 and it was as I thought it would be, the display being the main USP. But even with the debloating that dmplog mentioned, I can't be happy with the OneUI. Which is why I'm now waiting for the Big Billion Days sale to grab the Moto G40F. About the Nokia 5.4, I looked at a few reviews and it just feels very meh, it doesn't have anything that stands out and at ₹12999 it isn't offering tremendous value either to justify the specs.
superguy282 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 16:49   #31025
BHPian

I am confused between the OnePlus 9R and Motorola Edge 20 (Non Pro). At one side I am getting 65W charging with bigger battery and the other one has a better display.
Also I use features like scroll-screenshots and call recording regularly so I fear that the Moto UI may just be too stock for me.

I have been using a Realme 3Pro since the past 2 years and want a solid allrounder. I typically change my devices after 2 years

Any advice is much appreciated
Old 1st October 2021, 16:57   #31026
BHPian

Cyber Swachhta Kendra

There is a new initiative from Government of India to tackle the BOTS/Malware for Computers and Android phones (I could not find anything for IOS)

Anybody has any experience of using the tools?

https://www.csk.gov.in/index.html

Excerpts from the Website
Quote:
The " Cyber Swachhta Kendra " (Botnet Cleaning and Malware Analysis Centre) is a part of the Government of India's Digital India initiative under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) to create a secure cyber space by detecting botnet infections in India and to notify, enable cleaning and securing systems of end users so as to prevent further infections. The " Cyber Swachhta Kendra " (Botnet Cleaning and Malware Analysis Centre) is set up in accordance with the objectives of the "National Cyber Security Policy", which envisages creating a secure cyber eco system in the country. This centre operates in close coordination and collaboration with Internet Service Providers and Product/Antivirus companies. This website provides information and tools to users to secure their systems/devices. This centre is being operated by the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) under provisions of Section 70B of the Information Technology Act, 2000.
Seems like a good Technology initiative from GOI
dsuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 20:50   #31027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superguy282 View Post
Sorry for the late reply, I haven't bought it yet. I checked out the Samsung M32 and it was as I thought it would be, the display being the main USP. But even with the debloating that dmplog mentioned, I can't be happy with the OneUI.
Have used the OneUI by Samsung in A32. I too didn't like the UI. I think only Moto and Nokia provides Stock Android. Also Micromax recently launched products with Stock Android but am not sure about the company's reliability. Nokia charges a premium for their phones and only option left is Moto. Have used a product by Lenovo - the Lenovo K6 Power, it lasted for 4 and a half years. I think they provide reliable phones.
Old 2nd October 2021, 08:11   #31028
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroah View Post
I am confused between the OnePlus 9R and Motorola Edge 20 (Non Pro). At one side I am getting 65W charging with bigger battery and the other one has a better display.
Also I use features like scroll-screenshots and call recording regularly so I fear that the Moto UI may just be too stock for me.

Any advice is much appreciated
I would say the Samsung S20 FE at 34k would be a better buy than both of these.
Oxy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 12:05   #31029
BHPian

Since both FK and AZ sale going on, planning on buying a new Android. My main requirement is a good camera preferably with Optical stabilization. Other than photo and video capturing, there will be no high-ram usage for the phone. Kust regular browsing, whatsapp, telegram, occassionally watching youtube. No gaming. Please suggest a good camera phone, budget is within 30k.
Old 2nd October 2021, 14:57   #31030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
One option you can also consider is the Realme GT 5G edition which is around 37k and is good value for money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The21st View Post
Any reason for avoiding Iqoo7?
The main reason for avoiding Realme and iQoo might sound weird, but home ministry's strict order either buy Samsung or Apple. Finally went ahead with Samsung Note 20 ultra as I am not an Apple fan boy. The non-ultra was my first preference and was well within my budget, but it was missing 5G. I want to keep my phone for another 3 years so 5G was a must. Here is the deal I got

Offer Price: ₹ 70,099.00
Exchange value: -₹ 8,200.00 (OnePlus 6)
No Cost EMI discount: -₹ 2,478.48
Instant Bank Discount: -₹ 3,250.00
Order Total: ₹ 56,170.52

Interest (charged by bank): ₹ 2,482.90
Total Cost (payable to bank): ₹ 58,653.42
EMI (payable to bank): ₹ 9,775.57 x 6m

I think it is a pretty sweet deal. Initially went with bronze colour but for some reason my card declined. Then tried with different card but only black one was in stock. Now the wait begins. I will be checking Amazon app 20 times a day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
My main requirement is a good camera preferably with Optical stabilization.
I would suggest below, not in any particular order
  • Samsung S20 FE 5G
  • OnePlus 9 (not 9R)
  • Vivo X60
  • iPhone 11
  • Vivo X70 Pro (after exchange and bank offer easily 15k discount)
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 19:16   #31031
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
[*]OnePlus 9 (not 9R)
One correction to this - it is actually the Oneplus 9R which has OIS. The OnePlus 9 does Not have OIS inspite of being more expensive. Also the Onplus 9R has a metal (aluminium) frame while the OnePlus 9 has a plastic frame.
You can find a detailed comparison of both models here:
https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?...idPhone2=10807

Last edited by Behemoth : 2nd October 2021 at 19:18.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 20:22   #31032
BHPian

I am looking for an Android phone for my mom , who is 65+. Any suggestions for stock android's without bloatware and ads within Rs 10k . Currently uses a Motorola. And is used to the interface. So Motorola will be preferred.
Old 3rd October 2021, 07:27   #31033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
One correction to this - it is actually the Oneplus 9R which has OIS. The OnePlus 9 does Not have OIS inspite of being more expensive.
Yup agree, no OIS in 9. However, the 9R somehow was not pulling the right strings. It is just a rebranded version of OnePlus 8, even the 870 chipset is rebranded version of 865 (slightly overclocked).

However, 9 is brand new phone with Hassleband tuned lens, newer and faster 888 chipset, 7k cashback on HDFC cards compared to 2k on 9R. After exchange, cashback etc the 9 was only 2-3k costiler than 9R. It made better sense to suggest 9 instead of 9R. However, if OIS is deal breaker then 9R is best suited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
I am looking for an Android phone for my mom , who is 65+. Any suggestions for stock android's without bloatware and ads within Rs 10k
Did you check out Nokia series? G10 or 5.4 both offer stock android experience.
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:50   #31034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
I am looking for an Android phone for my mom , who is 65+. Any suggestions for stock android's without bloatware and ads within Rs 10k . Currently uses a Motorola. And is used to the interface. So Motorola will be preferred.
I bought the Motorola G10 Power for my mom couple of months back. Similar use case. Using an old Motorola, 70+ age. It is around 10k and stock android. One thing missing which I thought was now mostly default in lower end phones was Wifi calling. Otherwise pretty good one for the usecase. Big battery, lasts long with the basic usage.
Old 3rd October 2021, 13:15   #31035
BHPian

Guys, is pixel 4a still relevant at 25k?

Current phone is Samsung S9, overall lacklustre experience, especially the camera which has been quite poor. Don't want to go back to Samsung again and don't prefer Chinese brands unless they have something really good on offer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks