Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2022, 12:57   #31561
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Google’s Pixel 6a is officially coming to India later this year.
Am tempted to get this for its compact form factor but am somewhat put off by the ugly camera band. Weren't they vouching for computational photography than sensor size to produce quality images? Has AI hit the roof on this one?
Old 12th May 2022, 17:42   #31562
BHPian

Interesting news to hear that Google will be launching Pixel series phones in India.

Can anyone make any 'right' guesses about the pricing here.

Now, all they need to do is to market it very well to bring the awareness among the uninformed people & increase support services for the customers.

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 12th May 2022 at 17:44.
Old 12th May 2022, 18:21   #31563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
Interesting news to hear that Google will be launching Pixel series phones in India.

Can anyone make any 'right' guesses about the pricing here.

Now, all they need to do is to market it very well to bring the awareness among the uninformed people & increase support services for the customers.
It will come later in the year (read last quarter) and will cost a bomb as usual. Pixel phones are not vfm and the cameras are not class leading anymore. For pixel like experience go for moto phones at a fraction of the price. The moto edge 30 got launched today at 27k (25k with HDFC card), and has an extremely thin and light form factor.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 19:09   #31564
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Pixel phones are not vfm and the cameras are not class leading anymore.
I had a pixel 3a for 2 years and loved it's camera (only). The quality of images were superior to the iPhone 11 that my wife uses and the Samsung s20 FE (replacement for Pixel) that I use now. Performance wise the Samsung is faster, lag free and has a better battery. But I miss the camera of the Pixel, so much so that I lost interest in clicking pictures nowadays.

I paid similar money for the Pixel and the Samsung. If the 6a comes at similar price again, I might trade the Samsung sooner than the 2 year mark, to get the Pixel.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 08:56   #31565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I had a pixel 3a for 2 years and loved it's camera (only). The quality of images were superior to the iPhone 11 that my wife uses and the Samsung s20 FE (replacement for Pixel) that I use now. Performance wise the Samsung is faster, lag free and has a better battery. But I miss the camera of the Pixel, so much so that I lost interest in clicking pictures nowadays.

I paid similar money for the Pixel and the Samsung. If the 6a comes at similar price again, I might trade the Samsung sooner than the 2 year mark, to get the Pixel.
Did you try installing the Google camera on the s20fe?
Old 13th May 2022, 09:03   #31566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Did you try installing the Google camera on the s20fe?
Yes I did, although I didn't find a major difference. I have shared my results in this post:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post5219399 (Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods)
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 11:05   #31567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Pixel phones are not vfm and the cameras are not class leading anymore. For pixel like experience go for moto phones at a fraction of the price. The moto edge 30 got launched today at 27k (25k with HDFC card), and has an extremely thin and light form factor.
Beg to differ here. My Pixel 3 still takes solid photos compared to iPhones 11 and iPhone 12, Samsung S20/S21 and even S22 series. May not have an ultrawide and telephoto but the 12MP shooter has class leading HDR and is one of the best with the Google image processing.

We can get the stock android experience in Moto but Moto cameras have been very uninspiring even at their top end models. Pixel 6A with the Tensor chip and the standard Pixel 12MP should be very good for photos. Pixel 6A is to be launched at the same price as Pixel 3A/4A here in India it is actually a good deal at that price point for all its features.
whencut86 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 19:18   #31568
Oxy
BHPian

Anybody knows how to disable the RAM Plus on the Samsung S20 FE 5G? I see it has the options of extending the RAM by 2, 4, 6 or 8GB but there is no option to choose not to use this "feature".
Old 14th May 2022, 19:27   #31569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Beg to differ here. My Pixel 3 still takes solid photos compared to iPhones 11 and iPhone 12, Samsung S20/S21 and even S22 series. May not have an ultrawide and telephoto but the 12MP shooter has class leading HDR and is one of the best with the Google image processing.

We can get the stock android experience in Moto but Moto cameras have been very uninspiring even at their top end models. Pixel 6A with the Tensor chip and the standard Pixel 12MP should be very good for photos. Pixel 6A is to be launched at the same price as Pixel 3A/4A here in India it is actually a good deal at that price point for all its features.
I have the 3a and man i have to agree with you. The phone is still a gem and i just wish it came with a 128 gb option. I am waiting for real life reviews of the 6a battery life,what i have read so far on the 6 is not very inspiring.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 21:41   #31570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Pixel 6A is to be launched at the same price as Pixel 3A/4A here in India it is actually a good deal at that price point for all its features.
Any source for this? Generally pixels are more expensive in India.
Old 15th May 2022, 14:11   #31571
BHPian

Was considering the Xiaomi 12 Pro to replace my current Mi 10 5G, but decided to wait for the Vivo X80 Pro which is launching next week. With the X70 Pro + still in the dxomark Top 10, X80 Pro should be better.

Last edited by xotiq : 15th May 2022 at 14:13.
Old 15th May 2022, 18:04   #31572
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, which one of these three would be a good pick for a second phone:

Samsung Galaxy M32
Moto G71
Moto G31

all 6gb/128gb.
no gaming.

Since this is a secondary phone, usage will not be much. A decent camera, stability, and some basic apps + occasional browsing are the main uses. The usual suspects like Google maps, etc. And security camera monitoring app.

the Moto's are alternatives to possible bloatware affected Galaxy M32. 5G is not a must.

Last edited by condor : 15th May 2022 at 18:05.
Old 17th May 2022, 13:26   #31573
Senior - BHPian

My Note 10 lite is now showing mood swings when it comes to charging. Today morning it took multiple cables and postures to make it start charging. I think the USB C port is now gone, and I may need to take it to the service center as soon as possible. Does anyone know if Samsung replaces the port alone or the complete motherboard?

I was very happy with this phone for the last 2.5 years, and even now gets almost the same battery life that I got on the first day. Confused about repairing and keeping this or buying a new phone now. The only SPen-equipped phone that is available now costs 1.1L.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 17th May 2022 at 13:30.
Old 17th May 2022, 23:36   #31574
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
My Note 10 lite is now showing mood swings when it comes to charging. Today morning it took multiple cables and postures to make it start charging. I think the USB C port is now gone, and I may need to take it to the service center as soon as possible. Does anyone know if Samsung replaces the port alone or the complete motherboard?
For my Note10+ and my mother's S10 Lite, they replaced only the port. Should mostly be the same for the Note10 Lite.
AYP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 13:56   #31575

Guys want a few suggestions for a good type A to type C usb cables under 1k preferably for wired Android auto application as most of the ones I checked online have a few comments atleast saying that it does not support Android auto.

Most Viewed