Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2022, 18:36   #31576
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertrj View Post
... type A to type C usb cables under 1k preferably for wired Android auto application...
Any cable that can transfer data and charge the mobile should do. Here is one from Belkin: https://www.amazon.in/Belkin-Braided...8558B183/?th=1
UPS_Guru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 14:29   #31577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
For my Note10+ and my mother's S10 Lite, they replaced only the port. Should mostly be the same for the Note10 Lite.
Thank you. May I know what was the cost incurred for these two replacements ? Was it under warranty ?
Old 21st May 2022, 15:40   #31578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertrj View Post
Guys want a few suggestions for a good type A to type C usb cables under 1k preferably for wired Android auto application as most of the ones I checked online have a few comments atleast saying that it does not support Android auto.
No need to spend 1k for a cable, logically thinking it is just a cable!

I use this portronics one for Android auto in my Harrier with my OnePlus phone, works fine (build quality is also good, and for the price is absolutely awesome). Added bonus is that the L type connection makes it easy to store the phone ahead gear lever.

Deal of the day: Portronics Konnect L POR-1081 Fast Charging 3A Type-C Cable 1.2Meter with Charge & Sync Function for All Type-C Devices (Grey) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08CF3D7QR/...GVPFN9SKNE2K8F
Candy$Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 22:49   #31579
Oxy
BHPian

I am getting this error "Unable to play during calls" when I am trying to play recorded calls on my Samsung S20 FE 5G. Any idea why this is happening?
Old 21st May 2022, 23:25   #31580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I am getting this error "Unable to play during calls" when I am trying to play recorded calls on my Samsung S20 FE 5G. Any idea why this is happening?
Try using a third party app like vlc or MX player. Or use the file explorer to browse and directly play from the folder.
If nothing works, try to copy the files to a PC.
Candy$Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 00:56   #31581
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Thank you. May I know what was the cost incurred for these two replacements ? Was it under warranty ?
Hi. Yes, it was under warranty in both the cases. Though I did enquire about the price and was quoted 2800 for the S10 Lite and 3500 for the Note10 Plus.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 07:35   #31582
Team-BHP Support

So, this happened the week before – phone slipped off from my hand from around 1.5m height and crashed on to a concrete floor (the perils of trying to look at maps and managing a water bottle). The phone had a Slimcase clear case, but that did not help. Got a massive scratch/dent on the right bottom, and since I have this OCD when it comes to mobile phones, it was hard to carry around with that visible dent. So immediately ordered a Spigen Thinfit in green color (not so thin, but quite lean by Spigen standards). At least it helps to cover off the scratch/dent neatly.

My phone was dropping 5G so often that I had to keep it permanently on 4G/LTE. With the experience of being a long-term Apple user, I thought of trying my luck with Samsung, with the hope that they will look at the issue and in Apple style, will give a replacement unit (so that I can get rid of that dent). Samsung service center duly picked up the unit, did a factory reset, and next day morning I got a call from that the phone is ready for collection. I got the same phone back with motherboard, battery, and something else replaced – almost like the screen and housing stays (and the dent). That said, 5G works neatly now, and the battery lasts longer.

I dropped a note on Slimcase website about the mishap, and they sent me a free replacement case last week. But considering the first experience maybe keeping the Spigen on is safer.

With the crashed slim case

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_20220522_095647.jpg

Now, with the Spigen

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_20220522_095801.jpg
vb-saan is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 13:15   #31583
Oxy
BHPian

I am trying to wirelessly mirror my Samsung phone on my Sony X90J television through Samsung Dex/Smart View, but my phone refuses to recognize my television.

Some Youtube tutorials say I need to enable the Screen Morroring option on my TV, but I cannot find such a thing on my television.

Any guidance on this would be extremely helpful.
Old 24th May 2022, 14:00   #31584
BHPian

Dear vb-san,

Sorry for the mishap. Like you, I also have OCD like yours when it comes to mobile phones. Spigen cases are generally sturdy. Nice choice of color too.

You can also check out the cases by Casology by Spigen and Ringke as well.

I used to have a Ringke case permanently on my previous OnePlus 5T. Sadly they don't have options for my current device OnePlus 9RT.

Last edited by N4Nikunj : 24th May 2022 at 14:01.
Old 25th May 2022, 09:57   #31585
BHPian

Guys, really need some help here. Can someone help me with the best pick between moto edge 30( non pro), S21 FE and S 20 FE 5g.

Priorities in order:
a) Battery life ( should last a full day with Google maps + Zoom/meets.. etc )
b) 4 G+ reception should be good ( my office has notoriously bad coverage )
c) Screen/Display should be good and well protected
d) Camera performance ( Not really a Mega pixel guy but certainly need a good usable photos out of the box )

Thanks in advance
Old 25th May 2022, 10:19   #31586
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am trying to wirelessly mirror my Samsung phone on my Sony X90J television through Samsung Dex/Smart View, but my phone refuses to recognize my television.

Some Youtube tutorials say I need to enable the Screen Morroring option on my TV, but I cannot find such a thing on my television.

In my LG, under settings there is this Miracast thing I had enabled for it work wirelessly.

But I strongly recommend using a USB-C to HDMI adapter. It works much better.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 11:51   #31587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Since it is an android TV, cast your screen via the Google Home app. It is easiest way to do this.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 12:13   #31588
BHPian

Quote:

Samsung Smartview is Miracast. Actual mirroring. You will need to download a corresponding app on the Sony. (sometimes it is not supported). Only the Amazon Firestick works well with Smartview now.

Most Android TVs (with newer Android versions) use fake mirroring called Chromecast. Basically, whatever you are playing on your phone, the Chromecast figures out the link and directly plays it on the TV using it's Wi-Fi connection - nothing is transmitted from the phone to TV (except the link).
mvadg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 13:11   #31589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
Guys, really need some help here. Can someone help me with the best pick between moto edge 30( non pro), S21 FE and S 20 FE 5g.
I recently purchased Moto Edge 30 for my mom & I can say its a fantastic phone. Somethings I loved about the phone

- Almost stock Android 12. Plus 2 years of software update & 3 years of security update
- Awesome pOLED display with 144hz refresh rate. Very smooth.
- slimmest, thinnest & light weight at 155 grams
- Efficient 778G+ processor with 5G
- Battery at 4020 mAh seems low but efficient SOC makes up for it.
- Camera seems to be the best among at this price point.
- 33W charger can juice up the battery in about an hour.

S20 is almost 2 years old and S21 FE is almost double the price. I never wanted to buy Redmi, Oppo, Vivo, Oneplus, etc which can be called chinese stuff and full of bloatware and heavily skinned.

I did my research and found Edge 30 to be most value for money.
RM Motorsports is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 08:26   #31590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
Even though it's older, S20 FE 5g is exceptional value for money at the price of 34K or so. It meets all your criteria -- the only disadvantage is that as it's 2 years old, you'll get Android updates until 2023 and security updates until at least 2024 only. My friend got the Moto Edge 30 recently, it's a great phone too but the haptics did not impress me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
I recently purchased Moto Edge 30 for my mom & I can say its a fantastic phone. Somethings I loved about the phone

- Almost stock Android 12. Plus 2 years of software update & 3 years of security update
- Awesome pOLED display with 144hz refresh rate. Very smooth.
- slimmest, thinnest & light weight at 155 grams
- Efficient 778G+ processor with 5G
- Battery at 4020 mAh seems low but efficient SOC makes up for it.
- Camera seems to be the best among at this price point.
- 33W charger can juice up the battery in about an hour.

S20 is almost 2 years old and S21 FE is almost double the price.
In addition to these suggestions, do check out the Samsung A52s 5g as well. It has a similar processor as the Moto Edge 30 and is one year newer than the S20, offering 3 years software and 4 years security updates. Only thing is the build looks plasticky and cheap.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks